Chit Chat

October baseball, anyone?

It's so nice having my team (Astros) in the playoffs again.  Any predictions for the World Series?  I hope we make it, but I know Cleveland is going to be a beast in the ALCS.

Re: October baseball, anyone?

• Congrats on the Astros playing October baseball!  There's nothing more exciting.  I've always loved the DS since it's short for a playoff series.

Agreed I could see Cleveland go very far- they deserve a WS win.  I'd also be fine with Washington since they're representing our division.  I'm over LA (dynasties are boring) but one of my favorite Mets was traded to them a few months ago, so if they advance I'll be okay.

I'm rooting hardest for whichever team is playing the Yankees.  >:)
  • Looking to start a dynasty!

• Damn, that was ugly.  We'll take it tomorrow!
  • Yankee fan here, and I fully expect that they'll be done after tonight's game. I'm still mad at Joe Girardi for what happened in last night's game. But in all honesty, I am so proud of the team for being so much better this season than anyone expected, so while nobody likes seeing their team lose in the playoffs, I still think this was a great year for the Yankees regardless. 

@MobKaz, seeing the Cubs finally win it all last year was truly one of the best experiences I've ever had as a baseball fan. I think that's one of the greatest World Series any of us will ever see. 
    Game 4 baby!!  

• banana468 said:
    Yankee fan here, and I fully expect that they'll be done after tonight's game. I'm still mad at Joe Girardi for what happened in last night's game. But in all honesty, I am so proud of the team for being so much better this season than anyone expected, so while nobody likes seeing their team lose in the playoffs, I still think this was a great year for the Yankees regardless. 

@MobKaz, seeing the Cubs finally win it all last year was truly one of the best experiences I've ever had as a baseball fan. I think that's one of the greatest World Series any of us will ever see. 
    Game 4 baby!!  

YES! So glad I was wrong on this one! 
  • Lifelong  Clevelander here - sorry, but I'm really, REALLY hoping we can get it done this year. Last night bummed me out but FI and I are still definitely riding that high from Friday night!
  • MRDCle said:
    Lifelong  Clevelander here - sorry, but I'm really, REALLY hoping we can get it done this year. Last night bummed me out but FI and I are still definitely riding that high from Friday night!
    I was wondering when you'd join the conversation!  
  • banana468 said:
    Yankee fan here, and I fully expect that they'll be done after tonight's game. I'm still mad at Joe Girardi for what happened in last night's game. But in all honesty, I am so proud of the team for being so much better this season than anyone expected, so while nobody likes seeing their team lose in the playoffs, I still think this was a great year for the Yankees regardless. 

Game 4 baby!!  

YES! So glad I was wrong on this one! 
    Another Yankee fan here so happy to be wrong. I'm with @downtondiva and just excited they're playing in October again!
  • MRDCle said:
    Lifelong  Clevelander here - sorry, but I'm really, REALLY hoping we can get it done this year. Last night bummed me out but FI and I are still definitely riding that high from Friday night!
    I was wondering when you'd join the conversation!  

Oof.  I had the displeasure of attending a Browns game yesterday afternoon so I was pretty incommunicado all day. It was lovely to hear all the "Let's Go Tribe" chants on the way out of the game though, ha!
  • aaaaaaaaah, my Astros did it!!  @MobKaz , nice job by your Cubbies!  They're giving the Nats a good run for their money!  
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    aaaaaaaaah, my Astros did it!!  @MobKaz , nice job by your Cubbies!  They're giving the Nats a good run for their money!  
    They are definitely testing my cardiac health as well!  Thank goodness this game was early enough that I can simmer down before lights out!

Astros/Cubs for the Series?
  • MobKaz said:
    aaaaaaaaah, my Astros did it!!  @MobKaz , nice job by your Cubbies!  They're giving the Nats a good run for their money!  
    They are definitely testing my cardiac health as well!  Thank goodness this game was early enough that I can simmer down before lights out!
    Yeah, it's a good thing I did my nails this weekend, because I would've chewed them all off by now otherwise!  I'm so thankful we had the day off from school so I could watch it!!

We have the Yankees / Indians game on.  I'm conflicted ... I have a lot of friends in Cleveland and I want them to be happy.  But I'd rather face the Yankees.

MRDCle , how are you holding up?
  • Game 5 Wednesday night!!!!!!!
  • @holyguacamole79 things are not good for me today, ha. I think we can take it at home tomorrow though.  Pretty confident. Kluber got all his yayas out on Friday. We got this.
  • Game 5 Wednesday night!!!!!!!
    OMG!   Last night was AMAZING!   And it was between innings when the Bears/Vikings game entered the half so we could watch The Last Jedi trailer. 

• Yankees fan here - ready for Game 5 tomorrow night!
  • @MRDCle, { hugs }.  I have a lot of Cleveland friends, so I've found myself rooting for the Indians a lot.  We'll see ... tomorrow night's game should be a good one!
  • Good game Yankees fans. There’s always next year.
  • I never, ever expected this Yankee team to get anywhere near this. I would've laughed at anyone who told me in April that they'd be going to the ALCS. I am so proud of them. 

Congratulations to the Indians on an excellent season. You guys were a more than worthy opponent.
  • I am a proud Yankee fan today!!!!!!!
  • What a game last night! I'm so proud of the Yankees for making it this far. Let's keep it going in Houston on Friday night!
  • I. AM. SO. TIRED. 

A big Thank You to my Yankees for a great job in Cleveland last night!   

@holyguacamole79, I want to apologize in advance for any Astros insults I hurl.
  • @banana468 , @cupcait927 , @climbingwife - likewise!

Y'all have a stellar bullpen.  I'm mostly excited about home field advantage, although last night proved that it doesn't always mean what it should.  

I had fun last night watching social media in Houston explode with "YES!   Yankees Win!  Home field advantage!  Now let's kill 'em!"
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    The Cardiac Cubs. 

• GO CUBBIES!!!! (I couldn't watch the game.  but then I could. Then I couldn't....ended up watching it but falling asleep lol)

• ALCS starts tonight. Let's go Yankees!