Wedding Woes

Thursday

It's almost the end of the week!! 

The kiddo's GF is leaving town tonight, so he'll be home alone.  I love her and she's good for him, but he gets jack shit done when she's hanging out.  I did tell him I need a Christmas list for her and we'll buy her some stuff from us. 

Still not organized or packed a damn thing besides the road trip snacks we bought last weekend.  Shocker.  LMAO

Prudie day!! 

Re: Thursday

• Snacks are always the first thing I pack. Maxx wasn't feeling well last night. 5 am this morning he crawled on top of me to snuggle. He promptly threw up all over me...twice. Thankfully we already had a well child visit for 6let so she checked him too. Viral. 

Kids a off tomorrow so so we're going to the county fair with my folks.

Saturday we have four soccer games and a bday party. Sunday church, soccer game, soccer practice, and a basketball clinic. Blergh. Next weekend is the last of soccer until February though. 
  • Poor Max and poor you @6fsn.  
  • I've been off past couple days and only just getting caught up now.

Weekend was good. Pretty low key which is good.
    Tuesday at 2am, I started getting sick.
    Oh no! Oh yes. Onslaught of morning sickness like a damn brick!

I barely would get back to sleep before feeling like I'd be sick again.
    After being up again at 6am, I decided I'd stay home. I still didn't feel well but figured it'd die down.

I still wasn't well by 10am, so called clinic to see if stomach bug or morning sickness. Few questions but lady figured morning sickness. Not a whole lot of difference but a few small things.

Ended up going to clinic later for walk-in. I was dehydrated, so dr gave me note to stay home next day. I'm actually glad she did, gave me time to rest.

Still not feeling great, but meds are working. I figure it'll take time to kick in full, but I feel better than other day. I wasn't not sick until meds were taken.
  • @mrsconn23, snacks are the first thing I think about.  We're going away this weekend too, and planning to stay up real late (it's a ghost hunt).  I'll be bringing snacks, for sure!
    @6fsn, cute dress.  I like the wine color, did you get it in wine?  Poor Maxx. Hope he's feeling better
    @misskittydanger, hopefully you have a great first trimester. I heard about morning sickness.  The  outcome = worth it :)

So onto my work breakfast saga.  I told my boss at dinner last night that I had to be in by 7 for it, and he was shaking his head going "whaaaa?" He did not get it either.  But I made it known that I'd be there at 7 for it.
    I got in at 6:55.  Co worker who asked that I come in ALSO came in at 7.  Was it a test?  Was she testing me? Or a way to make sure I wasn't late and looked bad?  On days we have meetings (2 or 3 times a year) I usually come in at 7:45.  It's really not that bad!  wtf coworker?

Today will be busy for me, as all the sales office is in.  They tend to give me more work when we're "eye to eye" for some reason.  I'm debating on going to another work dinner tonight.  It's not the best food....but it's free food.  Yesterday I got to enjoy a nice bowl of soup (meal was blah) and $13.50 margarita's I would never own if I was paying out of my own pocket. lol.

• @CharmedPam I think it would have been a lot easier if gravol would have worked, even if it was a "just until I get to the clinic"
    Damn kid better be adorable ;) {jk!}
  • @6fsn, looks cute and comfy!  I saw the same weird hammock towel bra thing and also laughed.

@mrsconn23, I agree with the other PPs.  Road trip snacks are one of the most important items, so you're already halfway there!

Yay, our new mattress came yesterday and the new frame.  Boo, don't know when I'm getting the sheet set.  Looks like it still hasn't shipped.  Mattresses are shipped compressed, very compressed.  Nothing that can be replicated by mere mortals, lol.  My H the child in our household, is rarin' to open the mattress.   This was our "reminder" conversation this morning:

(I see H futzing with the box)

Me:  Don't open the mattress.  Not until the sheets have at least been shipped.  (a discussion we have already had a few times, lol).

H:  I'm just taking it out of the box.

Me:  Why don't you just leave it in the box? (Too late)

H:  Ooohhh, I see how they did it (referring to the compression).

(H getting scissors to cut away the outer plastic protection).

I think about telling him to just leave the outer plastic alone. But cut to the chase and say instead, as I'm walking out the door for work, "Just leave the mattress alone.  Don't open it."

H:  I know, I won't!

That mattress is going to be open and set up by the time I get home, smh.  I'm already calculating how many blankets we'll need to "get us by" until the sheet set comes in.

My H is one of those people who...if there is a button to press...he has to press it, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did get the wine colored!  It has pockets. I was kind of hoping for a more sweatshirt material, but a think the lighter weight will actually be better. 
  • @short+sassy, any way to get a set of regular old sheets until the better ones come in?  I'm with your H the child in our household (lmao!).  I couldn't wait either!!   Also, I strongly suggest a mattress protector if you didn't get one.  They can really expand the lifetime of the mattress! and since we eat and drink in our bed like....all the time, if anything spills and goes through the sheets, it doesn't go through the mattress protector and the mattress is saved!

• @short+sassy It actually might not be a bad idea to open the mattress and let it air out a little. Sometimes they have a smell. 
  • 6fsn said:
    @short+sassy It actually might not be a bad idea to open the mattress and let it air out a little. Sometimes they have a smell. 
    I was thinking the same. That plastic/boxy smell ....
  • 6fsn said:
    @short+sassy It actually might not be a bad idea to open the mattress and let it air out a little. Sometimes they have a smell. 

True, but it is still a good week...if not longer...before I get the sheet set.  That is why I want to wait until I've seen it is at least shipped.  Then, it would be a few days for it to air out.

Though, many of the Amazon reviews for this particular mattress said it doesn't have that "chemical" smell that some of the other memory foam mattresses first have.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, any way to get a set of regular old sheets until the better ones come in?  I'm with your H the child in our household (lmao!).  I couldn't wait either!!   Also, I strongly suggest a mattress protector if you didn't get one.  They can really expand the lifetime of the mattress! and since we eat and drink in our bed like....all the time, if anything spills and goes through the sheets, it doesn't go through the mattress protector and the mattress is saved!

We did get a mattress protector!  That already came in also.  They seem like such a great idea.  I don't know why I'd never looked into them before.

It's more a fitted sheet I'm concerned about and don't have anything that will fit this mattress "fitted".  But I can probably throw our current fitted sheet and regular sheet across it, for now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's Prudie day!  That's about all I got!  SSDD!
  • Thank goodness for Prudie day. 

I'm absolutely exhausted today from staying up late for the Yankees win. Work has also been hell lately - it's our busy season, we're incredibly short-staffed, not sure if we're being sold or will be laid off come January and our boss has checked the fuck out. Morale is low and sinking further every day. Ready for the weekend and the chance to forget about work for a little bit.
  • Thank goodness for Prudie day. 

I'm absolutely exhausted today from staying up late for the Yankees win. Work has also been hell lately - it's our busy season, we're incredibly short-staffed, not sure if we're being sold or will be laid off come January and our boss has checked the fuck out. Morale is low and sinking further every day. Ready for the weekend and the chance to forget about work for a little bit.
    omg.  how awful, @cupcait927.  Fingers crossed you'll be sold and things can only get better.

• @cupcait927 yikes! I hate when things hang in the lurch like that :\ hopefully you know sooner than later!
  • Gift ideas - I need help for xmas!

I have family members who aren't easy to buy for. I have been baking in past years, but I'm not sure I'll have the energy this year {based on now} so I ended up picking up a few things but not sure what else.

Aunt & Uncle - into wine. Regularly visit wine county nearby and pick up their own wines. I could see what their fave is and go to a chocolate shop near me and do a nice food pairing?

Uncle 1 - into classic rock and panthers. Tried to find travel mug as he does often use transit but not seeing anything.

Uncle 2 - chef. Should I find something humour/cooking related?

Uncle 3 - lives on farm. His spouse bakes, so baked goods aren't necessary.

Help! Need ideas
  • @CharmedPam & @MissKittyDanger Thanks for the kind words. Our tiny team has been jerked around for so many months now and we're all on edge. Luckily we haven't turned on each other but we're tired of working like dogs when it might it all be for nothing.  
  • @CharmedPam & @MissKittyDanger Thanks for the kind words. Our tiny team has been jerked around for so many months now and we're all on edge. Luckily we haven't turned on each other but we're tired of working like dogs when it might it all be for nothing.  
    Bold assumption, but do you work retail?
    I'm asking because I have been in that situation, as well as my mum, and it's definitely no fun.
    Don't turn on each other!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2017
    That's a bummer @cupcait927

@MissKittyDanger I have zero gift ideas.  I have never bought a present for an aunt or an uncle and have never received anything from a niece or nephew.  I'm doing memberships for my parents.  DH's mom and stepdad get gift cards (it's really dumb we give them the exact same amount they give us.  I did find some clearance Yankee Candle things last year and bought a shitton to add).

ETA: I did get a gift from one niece- a very cute ornament.

I have family members who aren't easy to buy for. I have been baking in past years, but I'm not sure I'll have the energy this year {based on now} so I ended up picking up a few things but not sure what else.

Aunt & Uncle - into wine. Regularly visit wine county nearby and pick up their own wines. I could see what their fave is and go to a chocolate shop near me and do a nice food pairing? A bottle of nice wine and a couple blocks of nice cheese. 

Uncle 1 - into classic rock and panthers. Tried to find travel mug as he does often use transit but not seeing anything. A # month subscription to Spotify or Apple Music. And THIS tshirt, because...well because. 

Uncle 2 - chef. Should I find something humour/cooking related? Cooking is his job - what else is he into? Quality wine with snacks is always a good gift.

Uncle 3 - lives on farm. His spouse bakes, so baked goods aren't necessary. A gift card to a restaurant nearby. 

Help! Need ideas
    Do these people need gifts?

My philosophy on gift giving is if I can't think of anything they need (and they haven't asked for anything specific), I will either give them money/gift card or donate to an organization I know they support. If you aren't into that idea, some ideas above.
    *********************************************************************************

Aunt & Uncle - into wine. Regularly visit wine county nearby and pick up their own wines. I could see what their fave is and go to a chocolate shop near me and do a nice food pairing? A bottle of nice wine and a couple blocks of nice cheese. 

Uncle 1 - into classic rock and panthers. Tried to find travel mug as he does often use transit but not seeing anything. A # month subscription to Spotify or Apple Music. And THIS tshirt, because...well because. 

Uncle 2 - chef. Should I find something humour/cooking related? Cooking is his job - what else is he into? Quality wine with snacks is always a good gift.

Uncle 3 - lives on farm. His spouse bakes, so baked goods aren't necessary. A gift card to a restaurant nearby. 

Help! Need ideas
    Do these people need gifts?

My philosophy on gift giving is if I can't think of anything they need (and they haven't asked for anything specific), I will either give them money/gift card or donate to an organization I know they support. If you aren't into that idea, some ideas above.
    I want to give something small and nothing too huge.
    I've considered charity in the past, but there isn't anything I know they're into.

I do like your ideas though :) thank you!
  • @6fsn these people are typically hard to buy for, hence the past of baked goods lol which they do appreciate but I don't want to set myself up to just feel too exhausted {I could be fine by then though}
  • 6fsn said:
    Do they drink?  Last year I made cranberry infused vodka.  I've also done Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls (thanks mrsconn).  That's good because you can freeze them and take some time to make them. 

Board games? Cards? I've made farkle/Yahtzee sets in the past.
    Ooh! I'll check Pioneer Woman and not sure about games. I'll have to look into it :)
  • 6fsn said:
    Do they drink?  Last year I made cranberry infused vodka.  I've also done Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls (thanks mrsconn).  That's good because you can freeze them and take some time to make them. 

Board games? Cards? I've made farkle/Yahtzee sets in the past.
    Mmmmm...now I want to be on @6fsn's gift list, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SSDD here.  I went to a new deli at lunch today, delicious.  I'm really pleased with my wrap.  I feel like a lot of local places have been crummy lately.

My direct boss just asked me to teach a training, which is awesome because we are going to have a new head honcho in January, and the recognition will be nice since we can fire whomever he wants.  Let's hope I don't screw it up!

LO has been a pill about daycare the past few weeks, getting upset when I drop him off. I'm excited to pick him up and play with him tonight because then DH and I have to go to a fundraiser for the charity in memory of a dear friend who was killed in a freak ambulance accident years ago while transporting a heart attack victim.  It's always a nice time, and a lot of my family will be there which is nice.  It also helps that the venue has delicious food!