Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

Finally!  What's up for the weekend?

Tonight we're doing a Costco run.  Costco cafe dinner FTW. 

Tomorrow is our 11th anniversary.  We're doing a fancy-pants dinner out and then I'm not sure what else.  

Sunday, it's supposed to storm all day.  So we probably won't do much.  

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    Finally Friday!!  Happy Anniversary @mrsconn23

I have a volleyball game to ref tonight (ugh) and then just appointments this weekend.  We are neck deep in winter now.  Yoda started doggie training classes last weekend, so we're continuing with that.  We've learned that he is the 'playground monitor' of other dogs, and a lot of his barking at them is trying to get them to play nice, even if they already are. 

• Options
    I had to log in again today and was hoping we weren't back in lock out mode.

Not sure what's up for tonight.  Probably watching some TV, taking down the few Halloween things we have up and replacing with Thanksgiving.

Saturday we are taking my Mom to a play/show.  It's a matinee so we'll come back to town and go to dinner at a local restaurant where a friend is playing music.

Sunday morning is church and neither of our NFL teams are playing so not sure what we'll find to do.  Depending on weather, we may hit up a fall arts/crafts show near here.  Of course, there is the usual cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping.

• Options
    That sounds heavenly @banana468; the quiet salon and the cider mill. Bourbon and cider sounds like a perfect combination. 

We need all the good house vibes today! Undecided Lady is seeing the house as we speak and is (anticipated by our agent) going to make an offer. Let's hope she does and that it just covers what's left on our mortgage. I honestly don't even care about making any money off of it. 

H is going to camp for the weekend so I'm by myself. I might take the dog to play with MIL while she's watching the niece and nephew. I'm running a 5K Sunday with my cousin who is doing Girls On The Run. Other than that my plans are to dress the dog up in a Halloween costume because H said no, and to eat all the food he hates. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 happy anniversary! :)

@banana468 haha .... I giggled a bit at the "cheerio-to-carpet" comment :P  M likes cider, so I may have to suggest it to him to check out :)

@WinstonsGirl yikes winter already!? jeez :(

Last night we hit the mall and got majority of the xmas gifts. We know next year will be tight because I'll be on mat leave, I don't wanna go over board. However we are with my mum - we're getting her a t.v - but it's cuz Matt knows she won't get it herself, and - in his words - "she deserves something nice. And netflix."
    But basically Amazon orders, and one or two things that have expiration dates that I'll pick up closer to xmas - I AM DONE!

Not a whole lot this weekend and I'm excited about that lol
    I think Saturday I may have to stop at dollarama because my headphones are dying :( But otherwise, I'm in pj's all weekend.
    M is going to the range Saturday, and likely doing his tires later that day {depending on weather}

Sunday I've already set as movie and cleaning. He has some things he needs to do, so it'll be good to do that. Plus I don't think I'll do all my cleaning Saturday.

Weekend meals:
    Tonight - cheap quesadillas {microwaved tortilla, cheese, deli meat, onions, celery}
    Saturday - twice baked potatoes and calamari
    Sunday - meatballs and rice. {meatball recipe is apparently a southern style - bbq sauce and grape jelly in crockpot}

Next weekend I may try some barley soup in a crock pot. I saw an easy recipe on pinterest.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    It's Friday!   I spent so many days this week not knowing what day it is.   But it's FRIDAYYY!

I get a haircut tonight and that means DH picks up the kids and I get to sit in a grown up salon that overlooks the river in QUIET.   It's going to be GREAT.

Tomorrow is take the boat out of the water day.   DH and FIL will work on that and MIL will come up.   I really want to go to the cider mill that's 20 miles away.   They run an old steam powered press that makes their own cider and I can pick up a jug of plain, some bottles of their hard cider (like apple wine) and maybe some fall condiment spreads like apple butter.   They also have cider donuts.   And have you had cider and bourbon?   OMG SO GOOD.

Sunday looks to be fairly craptacular here so it's probably going to be a day of cleaning which is fine.   There's a current Cheerio - to - carpet ratio that must be reduced. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 
    This reminds me of my pet peeve- children in the hair salon. Are they getting a service? If not, I don't want to spend an hour listening to your kid whine about wanting an iPhone. 
    What's worse is when parents force the haircut on the kid when they aren't cooperating. My friend is a hairdresser and that's her biggest pet peeve. She'd rather the parents say it's not happening, than risk slicing the kid's head
  • Options

Sounds like fun weekend plans for a lot of you!

@mrsconn23, Happy Anniversary for tomorrow!

@banana468, my go-to addition for cider is Crown Royal Apple.  I have a crockpot of apple cider hanging out in my kitchen, as we speak.  I also add some caramel syrup.

Of all the weird things, I have a mystery shop for a not-for-profit thrift store that I can do either today or tomorrow.  For the shop, I have to both make a donation and buy something in the store.  I am using the opportunity to do some much needed house purging.  Weelll...at least go through a couple totes that I think will be a target-rich environment.

My plan is to get that done today.  Especially since I also have to go to the bank and the thrift store is nearby.

I might be able to get away without doing any grocery shopping this weekend.  That would be a nice change, lol.

Some friends are coming over on Sunday.  They live about 90 minutes away and are going to some event here in NOLA during the day.  But will be joining us for dinner and hanging out afterward.

I spoke this last Monday of how chilly the previous weekend was.  But the cold front left.  Temps shot way back up.  And we've actually had to use the a/c again since Wed.  It's Nov.!!!  It's just wrong.  Wrong!!!

My H was telling me that Dallas hit their first 90-degree day in Nov...ever.  But no, no.  Global warming doesn't exist.  That's just crazy talk from liberals.  Mmmm...hmmm.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Sounds like fun weekend plans for a lot of you!

@mrsconn23, Happy Anniversary for tomorrow!

@banana468, my go-to addition for cider is Crown Royal Apple.  I have a crockpot of apple cider hanging out in my kitchen, as we speak.  I also add some caramel syrup.

Of all the weird things, I have a mystery shop for a not-for-profit thrift store that I can do either today or tomorrow.  For the shop, I have to both make a donation and buy something in the store.  I am using the opportunity to do some much needed house purging.  Weelll...at least go through a couple totes that I think will be a target-rich environment.

My plan is to get that done today.  Especially since I also have to go to the bank and the thrift store is nearby.

I might be able to get away without doing any grocery shopping this weekend.  That would be a nice change, lol.

Some friends are coming over on Sunday.  They live about 90 minutes away and are going to some event here in NOLA during the day.  But will be joining us for dinner and hanging out afterward.

I spoke this last Monday of how chilly the previous weekend was.  But the cold front left.  Temps shot way back up.  And we've actually had to use the a/c again since Wed.  It's Nov.!!!  It's just wrong.  Wrong!!!

My H was telling me that Dallas hit their first 90-degree day in Nov...ever.  But no, no.  Global warming doesn't exist.  That's just crazy talk from liberals.  Mmmm...hmmm.

#FakeNews lol
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    It's Friday!   I spent so many days this week not knowing what day it is.   But it's FRIDAYYY!

I get a haircut tonight and that means DH picks up the kids and I get to sit in a grown up salon that overlooks the river in QUIET.   It's going to be GREAT.

Tomorrow is take the boat out of the water day.   DH and FIL will work on that and MIL will come up.   I really want to go to the cider mill that's 20 miles away.   They run an old steam powered press that makes their own cider and I can pick up a jug of plain, some bottles of their hard cider (like apple wine) and maybe some fall condiment spreads like apple butter.   They also have cider donuts.   And have you had cider and bourbon?   OMG SO GOOD.

Sunday looks to be fairly craptacular here so it's probably going to be a day of cleaning which is fine.   There's a current Cheerio - to - carpet ratio that must be reduced. 

This reminds me of my pet peeve- children in the hair salon. Are they getting a service? If not, I don't want to spend an hour listening to your kid whine about wanting an iPhone. 
    My. Kids. Stay. Home.

I spend a decent amount on my hair.   I think that also buys a bit of no kid time by nature of the salon.  

They don't belong there and if I can't get coverage I change the appt.   I need to look out at New England and get  this moment of peace.   

In general I also try to only take my kids to places where it's cool if they're free range or they can be contained in a basket.  

• Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

My. Kids. Stay. Home.

I spend a decent amount on my hair.   I think that also buys a bit of no kid time by nature of the salon.  

They don't belong there and if I can't get coverage I change the appt.   I need to look out at New England and get  this moment of peace.   

In general I also try to only take my kids to places where it's cool if they're free range or they can be contained in a basket.  

Also #TreatYoSelf
  • Options
    So adorable @kimmiinthemitten! I wouldn't share my crown either if I had one. 
  • Options

MrsConn - Happy Anniversary!

Charlotte - Good house vibes for you!

This weekend we have the Eagles game on Sunday.  So I have to finish my tailgate prep tonight and tomorrow.  Now I'm just trying to figure out which parking lot will be best!  They flow traffic certain ways so you can't leave by your normal or preferred way.  IT SUCKSSSSSSS! It took us over an hour last time and I ended up taking the much further away bridge, just because it was faster!  The further bridge should not be faster people!

Anyway - the boys are playing great and I can't wait to see them live!  We are 7-1 and Sunday better not be a loss!  #SorryNotSorry Broncos fans!

Tonight BIL/SIL, MIL and probably her BF will come over for BILs birthday.  This was thrown together last minute, so its just pizza.  I did buy a birthday cake yesterday, so at least the birthday boy will get something really good!  It's going to be at our house, which is mostly a disaster, but whatever!  If they don't like it, they can go somewhere else!

Saturday will be yoga and church.  H is working again, but since my niece will be with us for the weekend (she is watching DD on Sunday), I should have the ability to finish up all tailgate prep.  I will be making breakfast casserole and toasted corn muffins for breakfast, then meat kabobs for lunch.  After the game, we will grill up some burgers to let traffic dissipate.  Then it will be back home!

• Options
    She's also fired me from pushing the Target cart, helping pick out her outfit, rolling the Play-Doh, and handed the book I was going to read to her last night to H.  I'm basically vapor when he's here; I'd be jealous but I love their little bond and how much he loves her, so I can't be.  She's earned her title well.
  • Options
    Kimmi - Nugget is so cute!  And if H kept saying "At least I'm not BIL." My response would be of course not, you are my husband.  I expect more from you! 
  • Options
    She's also fired me from pushing the Target cart, helping pick out her outfit, rolling the Play-Doh, and handed the book I was going to read to her last night to H.  I'm basically vapor when he's here; I'd be jealous but I love their little bond and how much he loves her, so I can't be.  She's earned her title well.
    She knows what she wants and is not afraid to ask (demand) it. 

That is pretty adorable. 
  • Options
    Thanks @kimmiinthemitten and @OliveOilsMom! I'm trying not to frantically check my email and my phone. I'm failing. 
  • Options
    Heading to Costco tonight too @mrsconn23 - I know we don't go to the same one though. Happy Anniversary too!

Tomorrow is yard cleanup. We've been on the go so much this fall that absolutely nothing has been done to the yard except the occasional leaf blowing.

Sunday I'm headed up to Chicago for a couple of days. The weather isn't looking good but I hope it isn't too bad. 

Enjoy your time to yourself @banana468 . Nugget is a cutie pie @kimmiinthemitten.

Have a good weekend everyone! 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    My. Kids. Stay. Home.

I got a big giggle out of using the phrases "free range" and "contained in a basket" in reference to your kids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten haha! I already know I'll be that kind of parent because when M or I are excited about the gift, we can't wait to give it. Luckily we've already planned the baby Kitten will not be allowed in the basement unless someone is there, so we can hide stuff there for awhile ;) {it's an unfinished basement with tools out - best not to take chances. Cats don't even go down there}
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 My sister says she gets it from her Tee Tee (me) LOL.

@OliveOilsMom I always say "I know, I wouldn't have married you if you were!"

• Options
    banana468 said:
    My. Kids. Stay. Home.

I got a big giggle out of using the phrases "free range" and "contained in a basket" in reference to your kids.
    The way she references her kids is my favourite :P always amusing
  • Options

Dentist, Tim Horton's, bed bath and beyond, and Costco, beef stew in the crockpot and bread dough rising.  It's been a productive morning. We give a ton of gift cards at Christmas, but I like to add a little something.  A 6 pack of Toblerone's was on sale for $5 at Costco so I'm giving Toblerone's all around.  They also had a magnum of Christmas Ale.  It looked fun and festive so I picked that up for DH.  I also bought pants and a pair of boots.  I'd be naked without Costco or Meijer.

This weekend WE HAVE NOTHING!!!  I am meeting a friend for lunch and shopping.  DH might go help his dad Sunday. 

Oh apparently DH was feeling guilty that M2 has no gymnastics equipment so he bought her a used balance beam.  He picks it up tonight.  My house has been decorated in sports shit.

• Options
    Happy Anniversary @mrsconn23! enjoy the night out!
    @MissKittyDanger, wow you are a go-getter.  I'm not even thinking of Christmas gifts yet!
    @kimmiinthemitten, she. is. adorable.

I came back from our anniversary vacation last night and am back at work! DH is on his way back (he stayed another night to hang out with his bff).  We had such a good time and ate such good food (and drinks).  My favorite part of the trip was having our aura's read in a shop in Salem.  DH and i have opposite aura's, which would make sense because opposites attract.  I really likes my aura/reading.  I also shopped way more than I do on most vacations. Items just "spoke to me" and if i had more money and suitcase room, I would have probably bought some more.

On our anniversary day, the 1st, we went back to Bear Mountain, and set up our tripod and took pictures of us holding our wedding photo in the spot we got married at.  Cliche, I know, but for the most part it turned out pretty good.

My mom comes in tonight from Memphis.  Tomorrow we have tickets for Hamilton.  She's going to shit herself when she realizes they're 4th row center!  Sunday is probably a relaxing day meeting up with some friends.  I really do like this come back to work for one day and BAM weekend again :)

• Options
    Today is parent teacher conference day, so we get to find out WTF is going on with the behaviour reports. She's gotten good reports every day this week, so who in the hell knows at this point. I told Wolverine we'd go out for ice cream tonight if she got a "perfect" week. 

Tomorrow is Wolverine's birthday, so we're going to try and do something fun. I have Ren Faire tickets that I bought at a huge discount earlier in the year, so we may do that if the weather cooperates. It will likely be hot and humid (like mid-80s) so not sure if i'm down for dressing up this year. 

Otherwise, no major plans for the weekend. I have a few recipes that i would like to try, but will need to make a special trip to one of the Asian markets for ingredients, so we'll see if it pans out. 
  • Options
    We have now been invited to 3 Christmas parties for DH's work.  He says we need to go to all.  My company has always had parties, but never pushed me to come.  They really want me to come this year.  Ugh  I haven't been to a company Christmas party in 6 years and now we have FOUR.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I knew we were down scaling this year, and I absolutely despise being in the mall at xmas time (ie; anytime after Dec 1st) and I'm not a general happy person around the holidays so it's just easier on me - mentally, emotionally and, for others, physically - to be finished beforehand lol

I had a list since September though. So I was waiting on deals and timing.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I knew we were down scaling this year, and I absolutely despise being in the mall at xmas time (ie; anytime after Dec 1st) and I'm not a general happy person around the holidays so it's just easier on me - mentally, emotionally and, for others, physically - to be finished beforehand lol

I had a list since September though. So I was waiting on deals and timing.
    oh, I avoid the malls after our Thanksgiving too.  Our black Friday sales aren't even worth it anymore!  Especially since we got all the TV's we need. LOL.  How is amazon . ca?  I try to buy stuff for my sister and have it shipped to her, but the last time I checked out amazon ca it was NOT as good as amazon com

so yeah, around Dec 20th, I amazon prime it up!