Wedding Woes

Another Monday Morning

Good morning, how was everyone's weekend?

Sometimes I don't know how to start posts when there is another mass shooting; I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. 

Also, there's no good way to transition from that. 

Weekend was good; H was at the land and had a great time. I had dinner with my sister and a bunch of friends that was just nice and relaxing and fun. Yesterday I did a 5K as my cousin's running buddy for Girls On The Run. It was cold and downpoured the entire time, but we had a ton of fun. 

Re: Another Monday Morning

• Low key weekend was well needed.

Saturday - intended on doing nothing, then friend came over and we hung out for a few hrs and a group of us grabbed dinner.

Sunday - rainy. Ended up checking out a baby store that was higher in price than we'd like. Certain things we're gonna drop the cash on {stroller, car seat and crib} but these were just insanely priced.

Finished Stranger Things 2 and watched last week's This is Us - sobbed for last bit.

My chin has broken out even worse :( I think I'm gonna have to put a warm cloth on it tonight to help them. I'm def talking to my dr about this, because idk what I can/can't do. I'm breaking out worse than when I was a teen lol
  • MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited November 2017
    Weekend was good; we went to a play on Saturday afternoon and then out to dinner and to listen to a friend play music.  Sunday was church, laundry, cleaning, etc.

This morning there is more employee drama (supervision sucks sometimes).  I wish people would just grow up and do their job without causing problems.  sigh.
  • Weekend was good. too fast.

I finally saw some places today that I would actually consider moving to. Only drawbacks are: washing machine in the kitchen (and I am not even sure ours would fit), lack of street parking, and it is a little secluded. 
    Hopefully going to see our only other real option tomorrow. DH wants me to make a decision by the end of the week.

I burnt my inside arm last week, pulling a cookie sheet out of the oven. I have developed a large bruise around the burn. It is so weird. I went to the clinic this morning and they were basically “that is weird, here’s some cream, call us if it gets worse”. 

• I feel accomplished.  Already today, I sorted out some medical billing issues (it's still going to cost me $178.89 out of pocket for my endoscopy!!! that's a lot to me), paid my medical bills, renewed my license plate for another year and e-mailed H's mortgage papers over to the bank.  And it's only 9:10!

Weekend was good.  Hamilton, as I knew it would be, was excellent.  Mom and i ate out a lot but I did squeeze in the finales of "Halloween wars" and "halloween baking championship" in since I missed the air dates being on vacation.  Just in time as "holiday baking championship" starts tonight. 

@charlotte989875, I know what you mean about the state of our world right now.  I can't even imagine how one DOES that.
    @misskittydanger, you reminded me about stranger things 2, and American Horror Story.  You didn't mention AHS but it's linked to "things I muse watch" now :)
    @missjeanlouuse, street parking is big for me.  H's apartment has one car per unit and it suuuuucks.  I have to park pretty far (he does usually) which is OK in the spring/summer/fall and sucks in the winter, so we're hoping to move SOON!  Washing machine in the kitchen isn't a deal breaker for me, so hopefully that or something else will work for you?

• Weekend was difficult. Babypants was fussy all weekend because her top two teeth are really starting to come in. She had a low-grade fever and her poor little cheeks were swollen. She was also a bit congested and since she wasn't feeling well she didn't want to go down for a nap because she just wanted to be held. Poor thing. 

Today my commute in was a nightmare. And we are supposed to have torrential downpours later today so my commute home will be worse. 

It's a super Monday Monday lol I feel like I sound like Eeyore. 
  • @CharmedPam I've debated on watching AHS but I'm a pansy when it comes to scary things. I like Stranger Things cuz it's more Stephen-King-Creepy than scary lmao

@sparklepants41 poor little one :( teeth suck. Idk how it works, but have you heard of the amber necklaces? I know a few people who swear by them
  • @MissKittyDanger I haven't heard of them before either so I'll have to read up! She's super early for teething - only just 3 months, and therefore can't have Orajel yet, so I'll have to see if she's old enough to use one. Plus she didn't even want a chilled pacifier or a frozen teething toy this weekend  :/ so I'm not sure how she would respond to an amber necklace. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    @MissKittyDanger I haven't heard of them before either so I'll have to read up! She's super early for teething - only just 3 months, and therefore can't have Orajel yet, so I'll have to see if she's old enough to use one. Plus she didn't even want a chilled pacifier or a frozen teething toy this weekend  :/ so I'm not sure how she would respond to an amber necklace. 
    @sparklepants41 ok, phew. That's what I thought!  I know VERY little about babies but was like "didn't you just have her?!?" lol

Good luck with that.  I hear it's a not so fun phase of life for them.  And parents.

@misskittydanger, AHS: coven isn't scary.  Start off with that one. Season 3!

• Oh 6, that breaks my heart too. The worst part is I don’t think anything will change, not in my lifetime. 

I hope Babypants feels better soon @sparklepants41. Nothing worse than a fussy baby.

@CharmedPam That’s how this place is, one spot off street. Luckily we only have one car but if we have guests over and everyone else’s second cars are parked out there. The streets definitely aren’t designed to accommodate street parking but people park any and everywhere here. The washing machine isn’t a deal breaker just not a feature and if ours doesn’t fit then that would really suck.

• 3 mos and cutting teeth?!  Whoa! 

Can you give her Tylenol?  That always helped reduce a fever but wasn't much for the pain.   I loved it when my kids crossed to the 6 mo mark because then we could use ibuprofen.    It's no fun when your kiddo keeps you up and when they're too miserable to be happy.
  • It was a nice weekend!  We didn't do too much on Friday/Saturday.  I did my thrift store shop on Sat. and found the cutest little pewter box with a fleur-de-lis as the handle.  My reimbursement was $5 and the little box was $4.99, so that turned out extra perfect!

On Sunday, we had a group over for a BBQ.  We don't do that as often as we should and had a great time.  I think our dog, Izzy, had the most fun!  She loves new people to fawn over her and also loves playing ball.  She was a social butterfly bringing her ball over to various people throughout the afternoon and evening.  People petting her AND throwing her B-A-L-L!  It was just the best of both of her worlds, lol.

I have some big news I'm going to put in its own post.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think Orajel is recommended for teething anymore.  Amber necklace or Tylenol.  6let was an early teether too.
  • @6fsn Oh that's a rough conversation :( At least they're able to have conversations about it though.

@sparklepants41 It's just a necklace they wear. Definitely look it up. Friend of mine said "Idk how it works, but it works and I don't care" lol

@CharmedPam If I start with that would it make sense still? I know some shows you can skip around the seasons
  • Friday, we did Costco and that was about it.  

Saturday, DH went to work for a few hours and then put new brakes on my car.  We went out to dinner, which was nice.  We walked around downtown and then came home.  

Yesterday, I ran to the store for a few odds and ends that I didn't get at Costco. We cleaned the house and DH purged some of DefConn's toys.  We took the kiddo to get some jeans and I had to replace my crockpot since I broke the insert trying to clean it yesterday morning.  :(  

The shooting...I just don't know.  I agree, what is there to say that hasn't been said?  My grandparents live in San Antonio, so I was worried about them for a moment when they said it was in that area.  It was not their church.  I haven't read many details yet because I feel like I need to prepare myself to have the head/emotional space to read about yet another mass shooting.  :/
  • @OliveOilsMom, sending health vibes to your mom!  That's great they caught it early.  I hope the chemo isn't too bad for her and she comes out cancer-free.  We are kindred spirits on the subject of (blech!) Papa John's.  I even like super cheap Little Caesar's better than them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Morning!

Weekend went well!   Saturday DH and FIL took the boat out of the water and went through the winterizing process.  It's now waiting to get shrink wrapped.

MIL and I took the kids to the local cider mill.   Chiquita loved looking at the press for the apples (it's the oldest steam powered cider mill in the country)  and we picked up goodies.   I grabbed a half dozen cider donuts, soup mixes, apple mustard and 3 bottles of apple cider / cider wine.   Two remain and one I used last night to drink and have with dinner.   Made a pork tenderloin and deglazed the pan with one of the ciders.   OMG  - SOOO GOOD.  

MIL talked a little more about the latest with FIL.   She's basically settling into an "I'm OK with this" sort of state with some provisions about sleeping.   I hope they work out.   In an amusing anecdote, FIL mentioned at the table that BIL actually requested that FIL drive the boat out to their home next summer.   Yeah buddy  - that's NOT happening.  You bring yourself to the boat if you want to go on it.   The boat won't be brought to you. 

Yesterday kiddos didn't know WTF an extra hour of sleep was so we got up and went to the 9 AM Mass and then did work in the house.   DH took to the chainsaw to clear some of the storm damage and I did laundry and dusting.   

Today I take DD for an x-ray and bloodwork.   Poor kiddo is worked up about the needle.   I need to get her a good treat for the bravery. 

• ooooh- Christmas and Costco related- spring time the kids cleaned out A TON of stuff from the basement.  So much that we had room for a foosball table. We started to look then life happened and it never got purchased.

I was at Costco Friday and saw a table for $379.  DH picked it up Friday afternoon.  Christmas done!

He picked it up AFTER picking up a balance beam for our 6 yo.  The sports mania is strong here.

• @oliveoilsmom- I'm sorry to here about your mom.
  • @6fsn Oh that's a rough conversation :( At least they're able to have conversations about it though.

@sparklepants41 It's just a necklace they wear. Definitely look it up. Friend of mine said "Idk how it works, but it works and I don't care" lol

@CharmedPam If I start with that would it make sense still? I know some shows you can skip around the seasons
    yup, every season is a new theme/story line.  There's like a handful of "regular" actors (their role just changes) are but some new!  "Hotel" isn't "scary" either.

• banana468 said:
    3 mos and cutting teeth?!  Whoa! 

Can you give her Tylenol?  That always helped reduce a fever but wasn't much for the pain.   I loved it when my kids crossed to the 6 mo mark because then we could use ibuprofen.    It's no fun when your kiddo keeps you up and when they're too miserable to be happy.
    Yeah apparently early teethers run in H's side of the family. Lucky us lol. I gave her Tylenol over the weekend but you're right - it only works for the fever. It's heartbreaking hearing her cries knowing she's so uncomfortable. 
  • @OliveOilsMom sending your mom hugs and healthy vibes!!!
  • @oliveoilsmom, sending vibes out to momma!

oh man, I like PJ's pizza over Ceaser's but I don't really care for PJ's.  I would take dominoes if we're going chain though.  H gets PJ's at least 1 a week since they are the only place to deliver out to him and he's LAZY AF.

@banana468, I hear daylight savings time is hard on the kiddo's.  I got a nap in yesterday too. It felt like we did A LOT Sunday too. 

• Hey all!
    Today definitely feels like a Monday. I have to stay at work late today and I already want to go home waaaah. Weekend was alright, too short.

Friday both FI and I were off which has become rare lol we kind of didn't know what to do. I had some doctors appointments so he came with and we went and had lunch at this Mediterranean place that we love! His mom came by our house "to see the pup" but really I just think she needed a break. Her and FFIL aren't doing well ( we just found out they are talking divorce) so we were happy to have her over and give her some space to vent.

Saturday I went out with my mom because I needed scrubs for my classes starting in a few weeks! It was nice to just hang out with her for a bit. Then I worked a closing shift which I'm not used to anymore lol for the past 6ish months I've been doing opening shifts so it was hard to stay awake :D  but I did it and then crashed when I got home so I didn't see much of FI.

Sunday I did an opening shift and when I got off I was playing with the pup! She managed to get her cone off like she had been doing it all along lol it was hilarious because she looked at me like oh no I wasn't supposed to do that in front of you ;)  I manged to put it back on her and tightened it a bit, she's finally wanting to get it off! I can take it off tomorrow and I can't wait to see her her face with all her new freedom again lol I made a Shrimp bowl last night for my lunch today (since I'll be here longer than normal) and I over cooked the shrimp a tad bit and I'm upset about it lol but luckily it's full of flavor since I did a Cajun spice and heated the pan with a garlic/parsley butter!
  • @Lala9414 Haha pup showing you how to take off the cone is great ;)
    I hated cl-opens when I worked retail. It feels like you never actually leave lol
  • Friday night we zoomed out of town for K's show and came home at 8:30 am on Saturday.  It barely feels like we left town at all.

Saturday/Sunday we just caught up on stuff around the apartment and watched TV and snuggled.  It was really nice to just have a weekend that didn't have much going on.
  • Has anyone heard from @ourwildkingdom?  I haven't posted much last week but the last I heard from her, she may have been calling off her wedding?  Has she been around? OWK, if you haven't been, I've been thinking of you!  ::hugs::

• banana468 said:
    3 mos and cutting teeth?!  Whoa! 

Yeah apparently early teethers run in H's side of the family. Lucky us lol. I gave her Tylenol over the weekend but you're right - it only works for the fever. It's heartbreaking hearing her cries knowing she's so uncomfortable. 

Do you have the teething banana?

https://www.target.com/p/baby-banana-brush-infant-teething-toothbrush/-/A-15993444

It's a training toothbrush, technically, but I remember whenever my son's teeth were bothering him he would gnaw on this thing.  You can put it in the freezer too.