Wedding Woes

Another Monday Morning

2»

Re: Another Monday Morning

• @sparklepants41 that is super early on the teeth poor girl.  Are they her first? B got his bottom 2 and then just got his top 2 within the last month or two (ha, how quickly I've already forgotten all of this)

• I call H a nickname which is a shortened version of his last name, let's say Story, so she calls him Uncle Story.  As soon as we got in the car when we picked them up, she starts a little call and answer with him:
    N:  Uncle Story?
    H:  Nugget?
    N:  Story?
    H:  Nugget

And so they go for a solid two-three minutes.  I love the way she loves him and vice versa.

@OliveOilsMom FX and healing vibes for your mom!

@charlotte989875 any news on the house?

That is super adorable. 

News on the house. We got an offer Friday night for below what we paid even though we made a ton of improvements. We countered later that night. She sent back another offer yesterday lower than our bottom line, but not so much lower that we couldn't consider it. The difference we'd owe on the mortgage would be a few months of house payments + utilities in the winter, so we're just going to take it. We're not even excited or happy about it. It sucks. 
  • @charlotte989875, aaahhh, bummer.  I'm sorry to hear the house sale didn't even meet your all's bottom line.  But at least it will get you all out from under it.  Wasn't there something about her bank not pre-qualifying her?  Did that at least get resolved?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Seattle for the weekend and our flight was super delayed getting home 0230 and rolling in the door. We saw a comedian and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much. H left for NYC no less than 6 hours after we got home. Poor thing. 
  • kaos16 said:
    banana468 said:
    3 mos and cutting teeth?!  Whoa! 

Can you give her Tylenol?  That always helped reduce a fever but wasn't much for the pain.   I loved it when my kids crossed to the 6 mo mark because then we could use ibuprofen.    It's no fun when your kiddo keeps you up and when they're too miserable to be happy.
    Yeah apparently early teethers run in H's side of the family. Lucky us lol. I gave her Tylenol over the weekend but you're right - it only works for the fever. It's heartbreaking hearing her cries knowing she's so uncomfortable. 

Do you have the teething banana?

https://www.target.com/p/baby-banana-brush-infant-teething-toothbrush/-/A-15993444

It's a training toothbrush, technically, but I remember whenever my son's teeth were bothering him he would gnaw on this thing.  You can put it in the freezer too.

Yes!!!!!! But I didn't know I could use it for teething too!!! Definitely going to try that - thank you!!! 
  • kvruns said:
    @sparklepants41 that is super early on the teeth poor girl.  Are they her first? B got his bottom 2 and then just got his top 2 within the last month or two (ha, how quickly I've already forgotten all of this)
    Yes - they're her first! Judging by how I feel when she's nursing I have a feeling the bottom two aren't far behind... :/
  • Just an FYI on when she gets top and bottom, right after mine got the tops (he already had bottoms) he kept grinding his teeth together. It was an awful sound. I read it could be from helping to ease the pain or just from discovering them but either way it sucked. 
  • @kvruns yikes!! How do you discourage that? Or is that not possible? 
  • ernursej said:
    We went to Seattle for the weekend and our flight was super delayed getting home 0230 and rolling in the door. We saw a comedian and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much. H left for NYC no less than 6 hours after we got home. Poor thing. 
    I love finding new comedians.  Name?

• @sparklepants41 when he would do it I would tap on his chin and he would stop. Otherwise there isn't much you can do to stop it. Offer a teething toy if she likes it but mine doesn't care for them. The good news is in only seemed to last a few days. Some friends said theirs have done it for weeks/months so it might come back.