Chit Chat

Election Day

Anyone else looking forward to voting tmrw? We have a hopefully unexciting governors race and a couple good local elections. 

Re: Election Day

• I'll be voting after work today. Definitely some exciting local elections. 
  • We have some big local races; our sheriff race is probably the most contentious so that's the biggest one for us. 
  • As usual, we're oddballs in Louisiana.  Only presidential races, and whatever other races going on that same year, are on Tuesdays.  All our other state/local elections are on Saturdays.

We also pretty much always have run-offs on a second election day.  It's something like a candidate has to win 60% of the vote in the first election to "win".  Which almost never happens.  So then it goes to the two people who got the most votes for a run-off in a second election.

Our big one this year is the NOLA mayorial race.  The run-off is not for almost two more weeks.

Interestingly, both candidates are minority women.  As a generalization, "yay more women, especially minority women" in major political races.  Except I absolutely despise one of the candidates.  I'm not a fan of the other candidate's politics either, but she seems to be the lesser of two evils.  Why is it that politics seems to so often come down to that, lol? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My free period and lunch period were next to each other today so I voted a few hours ago.  No on Prop 1! No to con-con!
  • Are you in Virginia @STARMOON44 (I can't remember)? If so you guys certainly had a big night. 
  • Are you in Virginia @STARMOON44 (I can't remember)? If so you guys certainly had a big night. 
    New Jersey- governor’s race unsurprising but I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for city council results!
  • eileenrob said:
    My free period and lunch period were next to each other today so I voted a few hours ago.  No on Prop 1! No to con-con!
    So glad No won out, also glad literally every county voted no.
  • eileenrob said:
    My free period and lunch period were next to each other today so I voted a few hours ago.  No on Prop 1! No to con-con!
    So glad No won out, also glad literally every county voted no.
    Even up here there was never a question of Yes. 
  • Zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards