Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!!!

2»

Re: Friday!!!!

• Options
    The real point of the story is:  Who fucking loves yoga for 3 hours worth?!?
    A mother who wants a break from her kid(s) ?
  • Options
    And I'm a little miffed at SIL.  She does yoga almost daily, and tends to do 3+hours on Saturdays.  She's also trying to teach more classes, so she subs a lot of classes when she's not working her 9-5 job.  She asked if we could babysit Sat for about 4 hours.  My Brother is on shift work, the Nanny is off, and both sets of grandparents are out of town.  They refuse to pay for babysitting cos it's expensive.  I wouldn't mind if it was for her to work, but she just wants to get in 2-3 yoga classes.  I felt like telling her that part of being a parent means you don't always get to do what you want.  Do your yoga at home - the kids often do it with her.  But it's a better family environment if I don't get into it with her.  I said we could, but only for the second half.  I'm not giving up my potential plans cos she doesn't want to parent.  
    I'd be miffed too. Sounds like someone doesn't want to change their lifestyle despite having a child :\
  • Options
    That's the main issue.  She constantly complains how she never gets to see her 3 kids cos she has to work, but when she has time, she complains that the kids exhaust her and she can't do her things.  

As well, it's pretty expected that family will always be available to babysit, and we never get so much as a thank you for doing it.  And while I love my nieces and nephews, I don't really enjoy little kids.  I often have 'excuses' as to why we can't babysit, so we don't always say yes.  

It's more that we're never thanked, and she expects that everyone will bend over backwards to do what she wants, when she wants (not that we always do). If she wanted to get in an hour workout, sure, but 3-4 hours seems a lot when you have no childcare on a random weekend.  

• Options
    @kvruns That's how I am with coats, I buy a new cute one every winter, because Michigan, and then I leave the house everyday in sweaters and scarves.

So whole mouse story, last night H and I are watching football upstairs, and I hear the cats play-fighting downstairs, and it kept going so I went into the basement to see what was going.  The big guy was staring at the sofa and the little girl was hiding underneath and the back of the sofa on the right was moving.  Our girl cat was sitting perfectly still and under the left half.  I yelled for H.  We removed the cushions, tried tossing the sofa over, and throwing things at it; didn't work.  So then we let the cats play and found the hole it must've crawled through.  Then we set two traps on the sofa and decided to wait, and as of this morning there was nothing.

I'm hoping it's only one mouse, and if so, we can have the sofa cleaned and moved on, but that all depends.  We have had a few in our attic and one on the main floor, it happens when you have 1/2 acre lot.  But out cats aren't good hunters, just tormenters.  They'll chase if it's visible, and then they'll torture it to death, which is better than eating it I guess.
  • Options
    I took a Snapchat of the thing last night. You can see a ripple in the back of the sofa where there shouldn't be one. 
  • Options
    Anyone buy LulaRoe? I gave in because someone had the solid black ones. I just opened my package and there were 2 instead of one. It seemed like it was sealed. Is this a mistake or do they sometimes ship a freebie? I know that seems dumbto ask but I feel like the consultant would know it felt bigger than a regular package of 1. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Anyone buy LulaRoe? I gave in because someone had the solid black ones. I just opened my package and there were 2 instead of one. It seemed like it was sealed. Is this a mistake or do they sometimes ship a freebie? I know that seems dumbto ask but I feel like the consultant would know it felt bigger than a regular package of 1. 
    How much did you pay? If you only paid for one, it’s definitely a mistake! The solid black are limited quantities and no consultant in their right mind would give one away for free... 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    I paid $30 after tax/shipping so I didn’t double pay that’s why it seemed so odd. I didn’t know if it was straight from corporate in the plastic bag - the consultant doesn’t pack them do they?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I do; not the leggings but some of the dresses. I’ve had a consultant include a free pair occasionally. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    kvruns said:
    I paid $30 after tax/shipping so I didn’t double pay that’s why it seemed so odd. I didn’t know if it was straight from corporate in the plastic bag - the consultant doesn’t pack them do they?
    Oh no. The consultants pack them 100%. It MUST be a mistake bc no consultant would give a free pair of black solid leggings out. Trust me on that. 

The way LLR works is “corporate” makes the consultant buy all their stock at wholesale value- a minimum of $5,000 worth of inventory and then the consultants resell it at retail price. So if the consultant can’t sell, “corporate” doesn’t give a fuck because they already made their money and they have a no refund policy for their consultants. 

Eta: they usually only include a free anything if it’s a print they cannot sell and just want to get rid of shit. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Oh no. The consultants pack them 100%. It MUST be a mistake bc no consultant would give a free pair of black solid leggings out. Trust me on that. 

The way LLR works is “corporate” makes the consultant buy all their stock at wholesale value- a minimum of $5,000 worth of inventory and then the consultants resell it at retail price. So if the consultant can’t sell, “corporate” doesn’t give a fuck because they already made their money and they have a no refund policy for their consultants. 

Eta: they usually only include a free anything if it’s a print they cannot sell and just want to get rid of shit. 
    This is Mary Kay too.  I was a consultant years (many years) ago.  They do have a "buy back" program but if they buy anything back when you terminate your relationship with them, you can never go back.  If you keep the product (which I did), you can always come back.

• Options
    kvruns said:
    I do; not the leggings but some of the dresses. I’ve had a consultant include a free pair occasionally
    I was about to mention this. I haven't bought leggings through a MLM {but I may soon} and a friend of mine does it this sometimes. Or set up a deal if she knows you want more than one
  • Options
    @redwoodoriginal is correct; no one is giving away free black leggings.  I'm wearing a patterned pair right now.  I became obsessed last year, got over it, and am back into them again now that it's boot season.
  • Options
    @kvruns - I would just ask the consultant "hey I got this extra pair of leggings that I didn't order. was that intentional or do you want them back?" 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @redwoodoriginal is correct; no one is giving away free black leggings.  I'm wearing a patterned pair right now.  I became obsessed last year, got over it, and am back into them again now that it's boot season.
    This is me with the dresses. I'm wearing one right now; they're just so comfy and with fleece-lined tights and boots perfect for winter.