Wedding Woes

Another Monday

2»

Re: Another Monday

• @kvruns Chunkers! <3 Love it!

@sparklepants41 you need an office with proper walls so you can cry when need be.
  • @charlotte989875 I'm sorry your job is so frustrating. Hugs. 

@MissKittyDanger - If my office door weren't glass I would curl up and cry myself to sleep - but I feel like that might not be the best look lol. 
    Thanks. H and I are going to have a long chat this week about whether I stay here long-term. 
  • @charlotte989875, sorry to hear that.  You moved for this job, didn't you? Or were you going to move anyway (sorry can't remember the deets)?
    @kvruns O M G he's a cutie!!!

So that's annoying.  On the phone yesterday I told the construction guy that I couldn't do morning, but I lived 15 minutes away from work and if he gave me a 15 minute lead time I could run over on my lunch.  This works for a lot of companies that just need 1/2 hour of my time.  It's 15 minutes each way for me.

So he texted me at 11:15.  I jumped in my car.  He called to confirm the address.  at 11:50 he still wasnt there.  I texted him and said "are you close? I only get 1 hour for lunch, including drive time, so I will have to leave very soon.  We may have to do this at another time".

No response.  at 12:00 I had to leave.  As I'm driving back to work, he calls.  He's at my house.  I told him I had to go back and sorry, but that lunch hour was really tight with me.  He told me he could base a quote on the pictures and sq footage so it works out.  He told me he was on another street name 12 minutes away!  I felt bad for him until I scrolled up in our message and saw that I had texted him my address.  The proper one.  That's kinda on him.

• @charlotte989875, sorry to hear that.  You moved for this job, didn't you? Or were you going to move anyway (sorry can't remember the deets)?
    @kvruns O M G he's a cutie!!!

Sort of both. We were working to move back and planned to move once one of us got a new job. I got this job and moved for it. 

The biggest problem is there is zero consistency and there's a lot of policies in place because of perception rather than the effect on actual work. I've had this on going issue with flex scheduling (I was told there was flex scheduling, when I go to do flex scheduling there's a problem). The other issues is I get constantly asked to do things well outside of my job description, and I'm happy to do some of them, but I thought it was with the understanding that in order to do my work+ extra work, I'd get to set a schedule that was conducive to this. Apparently not. So, I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, and I can't use the benefits that were agreed to at my hiring. Really sucks because this is an organization whose mission includes empowering women. I've never felt less empowered. 

Sorry for the rant. 
  • Weekend was great. Among other things, we did this "holiday playdate" put on by the Chicago Bears Crib Club / Kids Club. DD met Santa (and Staley the team mascot)!

@charlotte989875
    that sounds super frustrating, I'm sorry. 

• we got a babysitter on Saturday and went out to celebrate BFF's 40th birthday with her H, and several others. went to a German bar and had fun. I'm not a beer drinker, so I ordered a cocktail "99 luftballoons" which came with a balloon attached. I then tried a schnapps flight - 2/4 were drinkable, the other 2 were basically rubbing alcohol. Friend insisted on a shot ski, so we did that too. That was fun, and whatever they gave us was actually tasty. 
    it was a good time. 
    the rest of the weekend was fairly lazy.