Wedding Woes
Options

Let's talk cosmetics

2»

Re: Let's talk cosmetics

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Sephora deal being mentioned, anything you ladies are picking up?
    I'll prob grab a GlamGlow mask and Stila .... fuck idk what it's called but it's like tacky glitter you can put on your eye? Maybe it's a gel? Idk. It just seems nice

edit
    These. Liquid Metal Shadows. lol

• Options
    *Barbie* said:
    Also Sephora has a 15% off sale if you’re in the Beauty Insider rewards program (20% off if you’re VIb), that last through tomorrow. 
    Yeah, this is an expensive time of year for me - although I do a lot of stock up during their annual sale. I told DK if he was Christmas shopping, this was the time to stop at Sephora. 
    I told M the same thing. And to use my rewards card.

You are my kindred spirit, lol.  A few years ago, my H hinted that it had been a long time since he had sent me flowers.  Historically, he had always used Pro Flowers.

I sent him an e-mail with my MyPoints login information and a link to their website.  With a note that, just in case he was inclined, we could get 12 points back for every $1 spent at Pro Flowers ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @misskittydanger, those look really cool!

I'm not a member of any cosmetic club.  I'm an "online" shopper through and through! and I wont go to a sephora until after Christmas now.  

• Options
    @short+sassy  I know with Sephora they can go by email and cell number cuz BIL got me a gift there and used my card to figure out what would be good based on his price range. ;)

@CharmedPam Tsk tsk. Sephora has online ;)
  • Options

@CharmedPam Tsk tsk. Sephora has online ;)
    very true! is it 2 day shipping like prime?  ok, ok, I'm an amazon shopper through and through.  I'm so spoiled with prime, that when things don't come to me in 2 days now, I get angry.  Hulk angry.

• Options
    @MKD - this is the haul from yesterday:
    the only things that i've used before are the PTR drench combo and the UD Subversion lash primer. 
    I have the Stila glitter and Go liquid eye shadow (i think that's what you were referring to) in 2 colors - picking up a 3rd. i'm wearing one today and got a lot of compliments. 
    I've wanted the UD palette for a while because i'm a magical unicorn. The Pat McGrath Labs palette was a splurge, but for the quality and at 20% off, worth a shot. I saw the kat von d glimmer veil on a website and loved the black, also got the red for a more traditional look. I'm also curious to try the kiehl's spray  - i have used a PTR cucumber spray (discontinued), and Caudalie Grape Water - but i really like those moisturizing mists, and saw excellent reviews on this one.

• Options
    @*Barbie* have you seen the Kat Von D saint & sinner palette? inner unicorn needs
  • Options
    @*Barbie* have you seen the Kat Von D saint & sinner palette? inner unicorn needs
    I have. i like some of the colors, but the yellows and oranges don't work with my skin tone, so it's not a viable option for me. 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    I have. i like some of the colors, but the yellows and oranges don't work with my skin tone, so it's not a viable option for me. 
    Yellow is finacky but depending on the mix, I've gotten it to work {yellow doesn't look good typically} but yeh orange is a bitch to work with.
  • Options
    I just did another Sephora order. I may have a problem. 
  • Options
    The first step of solving a problem is admitting you have one. Although when it comes to Sephora I don't see it as a problem as long as you're not driving yourself into debt over it ;)
  • Options
    The first step of solving a problem is admitting you have one. Although when it comes to Sephora I don't see it as a problem as long as you're not driving yourself into debt over it ;)
    Definitely not. And it's all stuff I would have bought over the next few months, so I figured stock up now while I had the 20% off. 
  • Options
    Definitely not. And it's all stuff I would have bought over the next few months, so I figured stock up now while I had the 20% off. 
    See? Financially sound reasoning to me ;) lol

side note: have you seen the Natasha Denona palettes? <3
  • Options
    See? Financially sound reasoning to me ;) lol

side note: have you seen the Natasha Denona palettes? <3
    No, tell me about that. If I do palmettes they’re UD. 
  • Options
    Go to pick up Stila liquid metals shadow ..... THEY DON'T CARRY STILA IN STORE ANYMORE!!!!
  • Options
    by the way, I used some of my pink clay mask this morning.  I forgot I had it! and it really tightens up the pores and makes it smooth.  my foundation application was better, not 100%, but better!

• Options
    for people that have ordered from Sephora recently, did you notice that things you bought were missing a seal/had clearly been opened? I'm just curious if this is a new quality control policy in their warehouse because some of the packaging was damaged by opening, but all of the product looked ok/unused. 

I posted on Sephora's Facebook, and they told me to PM, and still haven't responded to the PM. Their call wait time was like 30 minutes so i had no desire to wait on hold that long. 
  • Options
    @*Barbie* I just placed an order from Sephora the other day!! I'll report back when the shipment arrives - hopefully everything is sealed/intact!!! Have you tried emailing them? 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    for people that have ordered from Sephora recently, did you notice that things you bought were missing a seal/had clearly been opened? I'm just curious if this is a new quality control policy in their warehouse because some of the packaging was damaged by opening, but all of the product looked ok/unused. 

I posted on Sephora's Facebook, and they told me to PM, and still haven't responded to the PM. Their call wait time was like 30 minutes so i had no desire to wait on hold that long. 
    Mine just shipped, but I'll let you know. I'd be livid if that's the case. I don't care if it looks ok, if it's been opened I'm not about that. 
  • Options
    I got a response back on the im that they'll swap the order out. i told them it's fine, but i'm expecting next day shipping at no cost. waiting on confirmation.
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    I got a response back on the im that they'll swap the order out. i told them it's fine, but i'm expecting next day shipping at no cost. waiting on confirmation.
    I saw your post to them.  I was wondering what happened.  I hope they get it taken care of ASAP. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2017
    Sephora deal being mentioned, anything you ladies are picking up?
    I'll prob grab a GlamGlow mask and Stila .... fuck idk what it's called but it's like tacky glitter you can put on your eye? Maybe it's a gel? Idk. It just seems nice

I was there Wednesday. 

I picked up some Living Proof style extender and blowout spray.  I've been using the style extender for awhile and I love it.  I used the blowout spray for the first time yesterday and my hair looked amazing.  It also smells really nice.

I bought exfoliating charcoal wipes, 'born this way' concealer, and some mascara.   

They didn't have my foundation (I use Clinique), so I went over to Nordstrom and it was gift time.  So I got foundation and the gift.  The bag is super cute. 

Also, my friend offered me a free ipsy glam bag.  I got my free one last month and I really liked it, so I haven't canceled it yet.  This month was OK, but I'm not sure I need to get a new bag every month.  

This week I've ended up with ALL the make-up.  ;) 
  • Options
    My PTR kit arrived last night (almost as fast as prime.  I can deal!) so far, so good! Thanks @*Barbie* Testing this in Nov/Dec/Jan is good because while my skin is dry all year round, it's extra dry in the winter.

• Options
    @CharmedPam i hope you love it!
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    it's good! It reminds me of what carnival's cruise ships "cloud 9 spa" uses but they charge $129!

https://www.amazon.com/ELEMIS-Pro-Collagen-Marine-Cream-Anti-Wrinkle/dp/B00DZP5SJK/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1510937397&amp;sr=8-3&amp;keywords=elemis+moisturizer&amp;dpID=41yH3DO%2BSwL&amp;preST=_SX300_QL70_&amp;dpSrc=srch

I'm convinced my dry skin is coming from my foundation. It just doesn't "sit" right on my face.  I guess I'm going to ulta or sephora this weekend. 

• Options
    For those of you with Rite Aids and have a Plenti points account, Rite Aid is having a special this week.  If you buy a $50 Sephora gift card, you get $8 back in your Plenti points account.  I think the weekly specials offers are only good through tomorrow (Sat.).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you with Rite Aids and have a Plenti points account, Rite Aid is having a special this week.  If you buy a $50 Sephora gift card, you get $8 back in your Plenti points account.  I think the weekly specials offers are only good through tomorrow (Sat.).
    And $50 orders get free shipping on Sephora.com. :D 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    And $50 orders get free shipping on Sephora.com. :D 

Also triple points time starts the 19th at Sephora.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried any Fenty products? The lipglosses and match sticks have me curious
  • Options
    Sephora is also on e-bates, so you can get anywhere from 4-8% back depending on the current deal.