Wedding Woes

S/o hostess gifts

i mentioned to Dh we should take one for the party at the ceo's house. He looked at me like I had 3 heads. It would be normal right?  

Whats ts a good?  Costco has those strawberry hill breads that are sooooo good. I was thinking one of those 

Re: S/o hostess gifts

• Yes, it would be normal and bread would be fine, IMO.   And now I need to find this bread and try it, because it sounds good.  I'm also super hungry and cranky about being hungry right now.  ;)
  • It's  only there a couple of times a year, but it's soooooooo good. All sorts of flavors too. They said you can freeze it so I thought I'd just say it was for breakfast sometime. 
  • Party at your/ your SO's CEO's house? Hostess gift for sure. 

What you propose sounds yummy! I'd also get your DH to sniff around and see if there's anything the CEO particularly enjoys, whether it's a specialty food/treat or a type of wine or liquor. 

• Definitely take a hostess gift.

As for what,  I believe something that is not expected to be consumed at the party or quickly after is good.     Meaning, nothing with a short shelf life.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Those strawberry things sound great :)

Another option is wine or any other drink that Host/ess likes
  • Strawberry hill is the brand. Www.povitica.com. 

My brother always gets wine. He's got a wall of wine he'll never drink. 
  • why did you have to show me that link?!?

we're hosting Sat night so I guess I'm trying out some of this bread!

• Host gift always appreciated. I usually bring wine with the instructions to enjoy on another night. We party with drinkers though so may not be appropriate for every host. 
  • Host/hostess gift definitely appropriate. The bread sounds yummy. I have received jam, salsa (gourmet variety), pancake syrup (again gourmet) and all were appreciated.
  • I thought the party was Thursday? Next Thursday? 

Totally right to bring a hostess gift. The bread sounds really good. Wine, of course. Special coffee with biscotti. Chocolates. Basically anything consumable and a little higher end makes a good gift. 
    *********************************************************************************

• STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2017
    I’d vote definitely not. This is a work event right? No hostess gift necessary or even appropriate. 

If it’s a purely social event that just happens to be hosted by the CEO, then yes. 
  • I’d vote definitely not. This is a work event right? No hostess gift necessary or even appropriate. 

If it’s a purely social event that just happens to be hosted by the CEO, then yes. 
    I don’t agree. If someone is opening up their house, it is always appropriate to say thank you with a hostess gift. They likely cleaned, organized food and drink and are required to spend the evening entertaining. Why does it matter work event or social?