Wedding Woes

Another Manic Monday

Re: Another Manic Monday

• @charlotte989875, to be fair, your apt. complex was right.  It's way too dangerous to have roofers up there in the rain or while the roof is still wet.  However, they certainly could have worded it better!

I had an issue last year with one of my tenants.  Her a/c went out...over the weekend...because that is always when things like that happen, lol.  I told her I'd call my HVAC guy as soon as we got off the phone, but none of those companies work on the weekend and the soonest I could probably get someone there was Monday.  She just b***ched and read me the riot act, smh.  Exactly WTF did she think I could do?  I don't have magical fairy dust to make technicians appear.  And it would have been no different if she owned the house and had tried to find someone.

@CharmedPam, I almost never see movies in the theatre, but my H and I really jazzed up to see Murder on the Orient Express.  Glad to hear you thought it was good.  I'm also glad to hear you liked Cirque Crystal and that the bathroom is getting done before TG.  Sweet!

@6fsn, aaahhh!  No sickness allowed in the 6fsn family with TG on the horizon.

@MissKittyDanger, also side-eying your friend.  If one does not especially care about the pregnancy of one's friend (which is odd anyway), than the appropriate response is, "Congratulations."

@OliveOilsMom, I'm glad your mom is having less pain!  Continued prayers and well wishes for her.

Overall, not a good weekend :(.  I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a migraine in my life.  And one of them was on Saturday.  It mellowed down to more of a mild headache by the afternoon.  But that mild headache hung around for the rest of the weekend and into this morning.  Though it is almost gone (at the moment).

It's my birthday today!  I'm 44, but still having trouble accepting that, lol.  I would have sworn I was turning 43.  I was born in 1973 and was sitting there yesterday, multiple times, running the following formula through my head:

7-3=4.  No, no.  That can't be.  Let me do that basic math equation 10 more times, because it can't be the right answer.

You know you're getting old when...you have to do math to figure out your age.  You don't just automatically know it anymore, lol.

Whereas, you ask a 7-year-old how old they are, and they will rattle off their age.  Plus the months.  And sometimes the days, lol.

For my bday, I'm thinking about hitting a food market that my H and I have been wanting to try.  It's one building, but there are multiple food stands in it.  No chains.  Local businesses with food more on the gourmet side, but in a take-out type of environment.

Happy Birthday!  Enjoy the food market. Every year I have to do the math too. Basically because I usually 'rev' myself up and about 6 months before it, I use that number so when I actually turn it, it's less impactful. lol

• @short+sassy - I hope you have a great birthday!
  • M2 has strep:( 

@short+sassy happy bday!
  • @6fsn oh no :( feel better M2!
  • Happy Birthday S+S!!
  • @6fsn , I'm sorry strep sucks!   But at least if you start the meds now they'll be in the system by Thanksgiving.  

Happy birthday @short+sassy
  • @charlotte989875, to be fair, your apt. complex was right.  It's way too dangerous to have roofers up there in the rain or while the roof is still wet.  However, they certainly could have worded it better!

I had an issue last year with one of my tenants.  Her a/c went out...over the weekend...because that is always when things like that happen, lol.  I told her I'd call my HVAC guy as soon as we got off the phone, but none of those companies work on the weekend and the soonest I could probably get someone there was Monday.  She just b***ched and read me the riot act, smh.  Exactly WTF did she think I could do?  I don't have magical fairy dust to make technicians appear.  And it would have been no different if she owned the house and had tried to find someone.

Happy Birthday @short+sassy hope the food market is great!

I always look for your posts as the voice of reason regarding tenant issues. I definitely think there was a better way they could have handled it, but he was right, unless the ceiling was actually falling in (thankfully it has not, yet) all we could do was keep the water off the stuff and things. 
  • Happy birthday @short+sassy!

@6fsn - how on earth do you host 75 people for thanksgiving?!? We are hosting 6 this year and my grocery bill was $525. It included wine and all that but I had a little sticker shock. (And sorry your LO was strep...what a bummer!)

With my first and second pregnancies, I've retired my old jeans at 19 weeks and 16 weeks respectively. I freaking love maternity jeans. No matter how fat I get or feel, I'm still wearing jeans lol!

Does life every slow down? I've been feeling like I'm barely treading water these last couple years. Just kind of managing and keeping up but not able to get ahead or have any down time. I can't tell if I'm in a stupid rut or if this is just adulting. 
    I feel the exact same way. Like, I keep waiting for things to "settle down", but that doesn't really, ever happen. Hoping this is what all of adulting is like. 
  • It's not letting me quote, but MKD, I started buying mat clothes at 9 weeks (I started with pants cause none of my jeans fit, but bought shirts between 11-13 weeks as well.

Gap/Old Navy were my go to spots for staples.

• AFM, we had a pretty relaxed weekend.  Did some tobogganing with the daredevil toddler, made numerous batches of egg nog, bought Christmas party dresses for both myself and the toddler, binge watched a bunch of The Punisher, and caught up on some sleep.
  • Happy birthday S+S!

I loved Old Navy Maternity.  I don't remember where else I bought stuff.  I will say that maternity wear has gotten so much cuter in the 7 years since I was pregnant. 

Boo to strep, 6!  But at least it's only Monday, so M2 should be fixed up in 36-48ish hours.  ;) 
  • Happy Birthday, @short+sassy

This weekend I went to a memorial service for a friend's sister and helped provide the family/friend dinner afterwards on Saturday. On Sunday a friend and went outlet shopping. I got most of my Christmas shopping done. I bought DD some clothes that she should be able to wear during early parts of pregnancy. Now I just have to figure out what to buy H for Christmas.

Today I went to Costco to get some more stuff for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Meijer for other stuff. I've also been cleaning so when everyone arrives Wednesday, rooms will be ready. I have a mammogram later this afternoon so yay for squishing!
  • @southernbelle0915- we rent a camp from Wednesday- Friday.  I personally do not do the hosting.  My mom and aunt buy turkeys, potatoes, dressing, and everything that goes with that.  We spend Wednesday cooking everything.  Then each family contributes sides, apps, drinks, etc.  I personally am responsible for Wednesday night- cheese and summer sausage tray, apples and peanut butter dip. Thursday am- pumpkin muffins; afternoon veggie tray and 10 dozen peanut butter blossoms.  I've also got a case of water, a case of beer, a gallon of cider, a flask of spiced rum for the cider, 2 bottles of wine and pretty much every couple brings that.  The recycling is scary. 

And life never slows down.  I made the mistake of flipping to December.  At least one thing every single, solitary day.  Some days 3-6 things.  I want to cry already.

• @short+sassy Happy Happy Birthday!!

@charlotte989875 WTF??? How frustrating that maintenance's response was to give you a bucket! I'd be like - "Yeah, thanks. I called you, you know, "the pros" because my solution was a bucket." Arrghh. 

@MissKittyDanger so I bought maternity tops, dresses, and pants around week 14. I needed to start wearing maternity pants around week 16/17 (early to mid-March), but didn't need to wear maternity tops until about week 20 (beginning of April). Definitely stock up on tank tops - Old Navy and Destination Maternity have GREAT ones. They are super comfy, I wore them immediately postpartum because it was so freaking hot out, and I wear them now under sweaters and blazers because my boobs are too big to wear "normal human" shirts just yet lol. 

• Maternity clothes- I don't remember at all when I needed them for the first two.  I feel like I needed them as soon as I peed on the stick for Max. 

I tried to do things I could "wear again" like dresses and flowy tops.  Problem is whenever I put them I looked pregnant again!  I didn't want to start rumors and I didn't feel good about myself in them.

• This weekend was pretty good - we are hosting Thanksgiving (our first time hosting!) so I got a lot done to get the house prepped for company (cleaning, dusting, 7 loads of laundry, organizing, etc.). H had a man cold so I put him in charge of Sparklepants (who had the cold in our house first) so I could get stuff done. It felt really good to be so productive. But now I am sick AGAIN. I have a sore throat and a cough and I'm in a fog (more so than usual lol). 

Did anyone else take advantage of the Sephora sale last week? I placed my order early afternoon last Monday and it STILL hasn't shipped. I mean seriously. I could have gone to Sephora/Bluemercury/Ulta by now. This is defeating the whole purpose of ordering online. I expect more from a $4b company. I'm no longer Rouge, but I am at VIB level. But honestly, I really hope rewards level has nothing to do with it. I'm getting impatient! I'm a new mom on no sleep - you better believe I need that Laura Mercier under eye concealer!!!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    Hows everyone’s weekend? Ours was, interesting, to say the least. H was it of town and my plans were to relax. Rained all day Saturday and around 7pm water started streaming in through the ceiling. Maintenance wouldn’t do anything because the roof was just repaired and it “was a liability”. They did offer a bucket and said to call if it looked like the ceiling was going to fall in. Less than relaxing. 

H is working from home to deal with the people today. 
    Wow how annoying! I hope your ceiling does get fixed.

I'm still waiting for this employer to "get back to me" with a job offer. I was supposed to hear from him a week ago. I've heard from my references that he's contacted them, but in the meantime he's giving me the silent treatment.

On a happier note, my dad celebrated his 70th birthday yesterday with a nice party. He and my mom were quite young when they were married and I was born, so it's nice to see that they're in pretty good shape.
  • Thanks everyone for your mentions about maternity clothes! I'm only 11 weeks, and I had to get bras really early in the game and didn't wanna buy stuff if it was "too early"

So far pants are good, but my pants are legging style. I have my eye on capri style leggings when weather gets warmer, and depending on how I gain I have some capris that may be fine.

I think I'll pick up some tanks since quite a few of you said they're great. I'm def checking out Old Navy :) I remember seeing some great maternity stuff awhile ago!
  • Thanks everyone for your mentions about maternity clothes! I'm only 11 weeks, and I had to get bras really early in the game and didn't wanna buy stuff if it was "too early"

So far pants are good, but my pants are legging style. I have my eye on capri style leggings when weather gets warmer, and depending on how I gain I have some capris that may be fine.

I think I'll pick up some tanks since quite a few of you said they're great. I'm def checking out Old Navy :) I remember seeing some great maternity stuff awhile ago!

It is Black Friday coming up this week also ;).  There might be better than usual sales on clothes, including maternity.  Old Navy especially seems to go all out for BF.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

It is Black Friday coming up this week also ;).  There might be better than usual sales on clothes, including maternity.  Old Navy especially seems to go all out for BF.
    Oh you're right! I keep forgetting it's this week and we're hoping to get a tv for my mum :')

Oh you're right! I keep forgetting it's this week and we're hoping to get a tv for my mum :')

I sympathize.  It must be a hardship for you Canadians, lol.  In the U.S., being the day after TG, it's hard to miss!  Don't even get me started on the screaming commercials and ads everywhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Oh yea...bras. I mean everyone is different but my boobs get fucking huge in pregnancy. And, just when I think they can't get any bigger, breastfeeding starts and they're all up in my neck and face. I bought new, actual bras the first time and F that shit this time. I'm already wearing those sporty nursing bras because there's room to grow. LOL!
    *********************************************************************************

I sympathize.  It must be a hardship for you Canadians, lol.  In the U.S., being the day after TG, it's hard to miss!  Don't even get me started on the screaming commercials and ads everywhere.
    Not sure about where MKD lives, but in Winnipeg, they started to do "black Friday" sales too.  Winnipeg is a short distance to the border, so a lot of the town folk (we'll call them the town folk) would drive there for the sales, and Winnipeg as like "nu uh uh.  We want their money to stay here!"  So they get the shopping day just no turkey day before it!

• Ooohh, I forgot to mention earlier.  I had to put a jacket on for the first time this season.  High 40s this morning.  It has been such a hot fall.

Also, my minor vent.

So, I check out nola.com on an almost daily basis.  It's the website for our major paper.  We had a run-off for mayor on Sat.  First time a woman has been elected for mayor in NOLA's 299-year history.  Unfortunately, she is still well entrenched into the "old boys" network.  But I digress.

Wouldn't you think that would be a front page story on the website?  I mean, even just the mayorial election...never mind the historical signifigance?

Apparently not.  I had to go searching for the story.

Oh but, never fear, there were TWO front page stories about the Saints, smh.

I have mad love for the Saints also.  But.  Priorities!!!  Geez.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Oh yea...bras. I mean everyone is different but my boobs get fucking huge in pregnancy. And, just when I think they can't get any bigger, breastfeeding starts and they're all up in my neck and face. I bought new, actual bras the first time and F that shit this time. I'm already wearing those sporty nursing bras because there's room to grow. LOL!
    My boobs started growing the second baby conceived basically lol I had no choice, no bras were fitting and one that did was getting snug!