Wedding Woes

Another Manic Monday

13»

Re: Another Manic Monday

• Thanks everyone for your mentions about maternity clothes! I'm only 11 weeks, and I had to get bras really early in the game and didn't wanna buy stuff if it was "too early"

So far pants are good, but my pants are legging style. I have my eye on capri style leggings when weather gets warmer, and depending on how I gain I have some capris that may be fine.

I think I'll pick up some tanks since quite a few of you said they're great. I'm def checking out Old Navy :) I remember seeing some great maternity stuff awhile ago!

It is Black Friday coming up this week also ;).  There might be better than usual sales on clothes, including maternity.  Old Navy especially seems to go all out for BF.
    Oh you're right! I keep forgetting it's this week and we're hoping to get a tv for my mum :')

I sympathize.  It must be a hardship for you Canadians, lol.  In the U.S., being the day after TG, it's hard to miss!  Don't even get me started on the screaming commercials and ads everywhere.
    Not sure about where MKD lives, but in Winnipeg, they started to do "black Friday" sales too.  Winnipeg is a short distance to the border, so a lot of the town folk (we'll call them the town folk) would drive there for the sales, and Winnipeg as like "nu uh uh.  We want their money to stay here!"  So they get the shopping day just no turkey day before it!
    Ottawa.
    We have black friday deals aren't terrible but they're not as big of a deal as in the states.
  • Thanks everyone for your mentions about maternity clothes! I'm only 11 weeks, and I had to get bras really early in the game and didn't wanna buy stuff if it was "too early"

So far pants are good, but my pants are legging style. I have my eye on capri style leggings when weather gets warmer, and depending on how I gain I have some capris that may be fine.

I think I'll pick up some tanks since quite a few of you said they're great. I'm def checking out Old Navy :) I remember seeing some great maternity stuff awhile ago!
    Oh yea...bras. I mean everyone is different but my boobs get fucking huge in pregnancy. And, just when I think they can't get any bigger, breastfeeding starts and they're all up in my neck and face. I bought new, actual bras the first time and F that shit this time. I'm already wearing those sporty nursing bras because there's room to grow. LOL!
    My boobs started growing the second baby conceived basically lol I had no choice, no bras were fitting and one that did was getting snug!
    You may be like me then. These girls can't stop won't stop. I grew out of the new, bigger bras I bought in like 2 months. They were like little triangle bikini tops. That's why I'm a big fan of the nursing ones that are stretchy and have space to expand. Otherwise I'd end up with like 5 different sizes to get me through one year. lol!
    *********************************************************************************

Oh yea...bras. I mean everyone is different but my boobs get fucking huge in pregnancy. And, just when I think they can't get any bigger, breastfeeding starts and they're all up in my neck and face. I bought new, actual bras the first time and F that shit this time. I'm already wearing those sporty nursing bras because there's room to grow. LOL!
    My boobs started growing the second baby conceived basically lol I had no choice, no bras were fitting and one that did was getting snug!
    You may be like me then. These girls can't stop won't stop. I grew out of the new, bigger bras I bought in like 2 months. They were like little triangle bikini tops. That's why I'm a big fan of the nursing ones that are stretchy and have space to expand. Otherwise I'd end up with like 5 different sizes to get me through one year. lol!
    So far the 2 maternity bras I got are good. I got fitted since I now had no idea what size I was and apparently my rib cage had also started expanding! I'm still in the first hook, but I'm thinking I may need to go to 2nd hook once 2nd trimester starts *sigh*
  • Don't be surprised if you get back to pre-pregnancy weight and shirts still don't fit.

Pregnancy gives you an entirely NEW body to play with when you're done.  
  • banana468 said:
    Don't be surprised if you get back to pre-pregnancy weight and shirts still don't fit.

Dammit.
  • banana468 said:
    Don't be surprised if you get back to pre-pregnancy weight and shirts still don't fit.

Dammit.
    T shirts were workable.  I got back to pre pregnancy weight and felt like this in my button downs: 

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Dammit.
    T shirts were workable.  I got back to pre pregnancy weight and felt like this in my button downs: 

Ugh.. so true.  My adorable flannel doesn't button up now, and I'm less than my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Dammit.

This is the story of my life and I've never been preggers, lol.  There are cool things about having big boobs.  But trying to find anything button-down, that isn't huge everywhere else, is an almost impossible challenge.

Ode To The 1-2 Buttons

1-2 buttons across my chest.  You make a gap on all my shirts.  But I don't blame you for that.

Nay.  I appreciate your strength and resilience in these times of great stress.

I'm sorry you drew the short straw in the production of my garment.

That's a beautiful ode
  • I bought most of my maternity clothes at thrift and consignment stores. The few things I bought new were basic t's at target. I really like their v-neck t's!