Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    Waiting for a job offer to materialize and to see if I end up serving on a jury.  :#:#
  • Options
    @Jen4948 Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!!! Refresh my memory - if you don't mind my asking - what line of work are you in?
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    @Jen4948 Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!!! Refresh my memory - if you don't mind my asking - what line of work are you in?
    Thanks!

I'm a CPA. But I don't have oil and gas accounting experience, which makes it hard to get hired here.
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 part of me would want to do the right thing and call, but part of me would be like "fuck it, I deserve free shit"

Btw I forget what you ordered!
    LOL all my friends were like "good for you! You deserve it!" I just didn't want that on my conscience. 

I ordered Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and secret concealer, Ouidad climate control heat & humidity gel, and TOCCA perfume (my FAVE!!)

I'm tempted to get another perfume {Marc Jacobs Daisy line is my faves} but I have so many to go thru that I can't justify it :')
    I can't wear perfume for work, so I may just start wearing randomly on weekends lmfao
    Have you smelt Juliette has a Gun? You may like.
  • Options

@mkd - would still recommend Peter Thomas Roth. I have combo to oily skin.
    any of the mask sets are a good way to try things out. I usually use them in sequence - e.g. pumpkin to exfoliate then blue algae/rose stem cell/cucumber to moisturize, or charcoal to clarify followed by gold for firming and brightening.  The water drench kit is a good deal right now because you get a full size moisturizer, which retails for the cost of the kit. (https://www.peterthomasroth.com/product/all-products/water-drench-luxe-kit/9908214/each) - same price at Sephora.  very moisturizing, not heavy or greasy. He also is offering a cucumber kit which is a good deal - I've tried 2/3 items in it (the mask and face wash - the moisturizer is new) and I like both of them. You feel really refreshed after using them.

I'm feeling better today. In the office and in the middle of a project update meeting (I'm listening in - there weren't any questions my part.) DK's work wife had an emergency come up, so lunch got postponed. We did schedule a date night for tonight, so that will be nice. still trying to determine what we're going to do, since the parents' night out is only 3 hours, and a lot of our normal "night out" spots are a 30-45min drive.

Tomorrow is an appointment with our dog trainer. We are going to be reintroducing the dogs, so will be interesting to see how that goes. This will be the first time they have been together without a gate or crate between them since July. They will be muzzled, so not expecting any issues. It would be really nice if we could start letting them be together again - even if it's muzzled and/or leashed.

Also, happy today that we were able to get rid of one of the feral cats that's been making a mess in our yard. We've put our trap out a few days this week, and finally caught one last night. Animal control should be out to pick it up later today. There's at least 2 more that I'd like to catch in the next week or so. Cat activity seems like it's been increasing lately, so ideally this will help head things off before the feral population explodes again. (When we moved in ~7 years ago, the feral population was ridiculous - we caught 14 cats and turned them over to animal control/ASPCA in a 2-3 month span.)

• Options
    @*Barbie* I'm actually currently looking at PTR sets since you mentioned it before.
    If I could only buy one thing from PTR, which would you suggest?
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 part of me would want to do the right thing and call, but part of me would be like "fuck it, I deserve free shit"

LOL all my friends were like "good for you! You deserve it!" I just didn't want that on my conscience. 

That was me when I was shipped an extra pair of LuLaRoe black leggings. I did sit on it for a few days but ultimately emailed the consultant because I figured she had to know and I didn't want to look like a jerk. She never responded back to my message and it has been over 2 weeks but I'm still afraid to wear them 
  • Options

I ordered Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and secret concealer, Ouidad climate control heat & humidity gel, and TOCCA perfume (my FAVE!!)

I'm tempted to get another perfume {Marc Jacobs Daisy line is my faves} but I have so many to go thru that I can't justify it :')
    I can't wear perfume for work, so I may just start wearing randomly on weekends lmfao
    The best deal for perfume for me is coming back from Canada to the States and buying it at duty free.  With the duty free/exchange rate being as low as it is right now, I've gotten some good deals.  downside:  the selection is VERY minimal but I fell in love with Armani code last time I was there.

I also can't wear it to work since one of my coworkers is sensitive to it (doesn't stop another one from wearing it though! LOL)

• Options
    @mkd - if it's in the budget, get the maskaholic kit. https://www.sephora.com/product/mask-a-holic-6-piece-kit-P411591?skuId=1863091&icid2=products grid:p411591
    there's a newer version that has a large cucumber mask and some of the undereye patches from the 24k line. https://www.sephora.com/product/mask-a-holic-kit-P424960?skuId=1977016&icid2=products grid:p424960 I love the patches, so I would say it's a toss up between these 2. I used the eye patches on our flights to/from Australia, and my skin looked refreshed, even though I was exhausted.

if this is a little more than you wanted to spend, try the water drench kit - it's a really good value, and all of the items are great quality, and you get to try a lot of that line. https://www.sephora.com/product/ready-set-drench-P422841?skuId=1977024&icid2=products grid:p422841
  • Options

The best deal for perfume for me is coming back from Canada to the States and buying it at duty free.  With the duty free/exchange rate being as low as it is right now, I've gotten some good deals.  downside:  the selection is VERY minimal but I fell in love with Armani code last time I was there.

I also can't wear it to work since one of my coworkers is sensitive to it (doesn't stop another one from wearing it though! LOL)
    We're in a small office. My boss is sensitive to scents and my other coworker became sensitive after not allowed having them around since her mum had chemo. I'm just nice, so I don't even use body spray anymore lol!

I have like .... 6 perfumes(?) on the go. So I should start using them ;) {side note; not tossing bottles. they're too pretty - especially my Betsey Johnson one :'( that's discontinued}
  • Options

@climbingwife, sweet!  Enjoy your last day and say farewell to your broken desk, lol.  What a nice extra bonus to have a week off between the two jobs.

@sparklepants41, you are a better woman than me!  I'm not sure I would have been so nice with companies who had irritated me, lol. 

Sounds like most of you have a great weekend planned with fun events and decorating.  Enjoy!

I'm doing a lot of banking and 'cc pay down today.  And that will continue through next week.

We just got our new Cuisinart air fryer in earlier this week.  We've been bouncing ideas on new things we want to try.  It actually does all kinds of cooking.  Toasting, convection, air fry, broil, air broil, and I think I'm forgetting a couple, lol.

I've been wanting to try a "fancy" theatre in town.  It's one of those places with recliners and trays.  You can order cocktails and food, while watching the movie.  I bought a $10 for $20 Groupon for it.  I researched their prices and they have a matinee tomorrow for Murder on the Orient Express for $11/each.  Bingo!  I haven't mentioned it to H yet, but I'm sure he'll be up for doing that.

I actually haven't been to a movie theatre in many years, lol.  Nowadays with big screen TVs, it's just so easy to stay home and watch movies instead.  But I think it will be fun to have a more comfy experience, especially with cocktails and appetizers available.  Even some of their popcorn choices are fancy, lol.  Like truffle popcorn.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @climbingwife, GL on your last day! Do you start your new job on the 4th?  Also - take back those words of snow.  We'll have it soon enough and long enough!

Ok, MAYBE I can wait a few more weeks for snow :wink:

Thankfully I start my new job on the 11th, so I have all next week off! 
    Although I was watching the CMA Christmas special, and the set was absolutely beautiful with backdrops of snow.  So then I was like "um...can I just order snow for Dec 22nd - Dec 26th or something? 

• Options
    @climbingwife, GL on your last day! Do you start your new job on the 4th?  Also - take back those words of snow.  We'll have it soon enough and long enough!

Ok, MAYBE I can wait a few more weeks for snow :wink:

Thankfully I start my new job on the 11th, so I have all next week off! 
    Although I was watching the CMA Christmas special, and the set was absolutely beautiful with backdrops of snow.  So then I was like "um...can I just order snow for Dec 22nd - Dec 26th or something? 

It snowed on Christmas Day in NOLA in (I think) 2004.  Since it only snows here once or twice a decade, that made it extra magical!  My H and I threw an obligatory snowball at each other.

We put our cat on top of the snow.  Just to see what she would do.  She ran back to the house as fast as her little legs would carry her and looked pissed off, lol.

That is the same cat who stood in front of the heater a few weeks ago and meowed at my H to turn it on.  Because we'd dared let the house temp fall to 65.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

S+S - We have an air fryer and love it!  We use it most frequently on frozen French fries or tator tots.  But I have cooked up steaks, pork chops, chicken and even breakfast in that thing!  It is amazing!  I have done French fries from scratch and H has made potato chips too.

If you guys like wings - try this recipe: https://thisoldgal.com/air-fryer-crispy-honey-garlic-chicken-wings/  If you can't find potato starch, you can use self rising flour, which is what I did.  They came out SO GOOD!  H said they were one of the best wings he has ever eaten and that is saying something!  The boy loves his wings! LOL!  That lady also has her own facebook page where lots of recipes get posted.  If you have facebook, I would join!

H uses it to make chicken fried steak for me.  I often use it on these little bacon wrapped sirloin medallions I get from target.  It crisps the bacon and cooks them up!  Many people cook from frozen as well.

If you don't have one, I recommend getting an oil spritzer from Amazon.  You aren't supposed to use Pam because it can chip off some of the non-stick coating after a while.

• Options
    @banana468 my first thought was plane tickets somewhere cool forbhis mid winter break. I just haven't had time to research it. My second thought was some autographed photograph for the basement. We shall see.  Hopefully sooner than later lol. 

@misskittydanger I love GlamGlow but I wait until it's the points giveaway and get the freebie size. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017

I've been wanting to try a "fancy" theatre in town.  It's one of those places with recliners and trays.  You can order cocktails and food, while watching the movie.  I bought a $10 for $20 Groupon for it.  I researched their prices and they have a matinee tomorrow for Murder on the Orient Express for $11/each.  Bingo!  I haven't mentioned it to H yet, but I'm sure he'll be up for doing that.

When our theater turned into one of those, we LOVED it.  Now they've upped the priced and lowered the quality/amount of food so we try not to eat there anymore.  Plus they don't have a rotating menu which sucks.  The chairs were SO great when they first came out but now if someone ruins it, they leave it broken or if someone slashes the leather, they just tape it up.  It's quickly not becoming our fave, we should drive 10 more minutes for a more newer location.  this is NOT to say you will have that experience. LOL.

p.s. - we dont really have a big screen (60 or maybe 65?) but we still love the movies. I wanna see people's pores! LOL actually I dunno, it's just seeing stuff on the big screen we like.

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Well, I just got released from jury duty, at least.
    I've always wanted to serve on a jury! We actually just covered jury selection and peremptory challenges in my civil liberties class today. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I've been waiting for the points one but always sold out lol! I think I'm gonna get the white one. Idk which that is but I think it's a basic mask?
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Well, I just got released from jury duty, at least.

I just got released too!  I've already served in my old county and this one was kind of annoying.  Once a month for 4 months you had a to call in.  You could serve on a 1-2 day trial each of those months.  I said it would be a financial hardship.  Max is still at home so I'd have to pay for childcare each month.  Plus the hours were before and after school time so I would have to provide before and after care for the other two.  They released me.

• Options
    I've been intrigued by air fryers and now you guys really have me thinking about it. I don't think we'd actually get one, although I think my brother might have one. 
  • Options
    @climbingwife Happy last day!!!

@sparklepants41 I would have been so tempted to keep that order. 

@Jen4948 Fingers crossed you hear back with an offer soon! 

Well, I am officially sick. Last night I called off work for the first time ever. It felt weird, but man am I relieved not to be there today. I'm not sick sick, in bed, unable to move, but I don't think I should be at work. And selfishly, I still have the surprise staycation date night for SO planned tomorrow and I'm really hoping by taking off another day to rest I'll be good to go.

Plans today are to rest, maybe pick up the house a little depending on how I'm feeling, and to hopefully get some homework done. I need to start consolidating items that need to be returned. I just need the rest of my items to ship so I can decide on what I'm keeping. It's always a bummer when you buy something cute online and then it comes and you're like, "where tf did these sequins come from? That didn't show on the picture." 

• Options
    On air fryers- is there a go to grand for this!
  • Options
    I just turned on a radio station that plays xmas music {we'll see how long I can keep it on for .... it's day one} and I just keep thinking of that Grinch quote I saw on my fb.

I'll post the correct one if I'm wrong, but it's along the lines of
    "The Grinch doesn't hate Christmas, he hates the people and I can 100% get on board with that"
    lol I'm both.
  • Options
    I just turned on a radio station that plays xmas music {we'll see how long I can keep it on for .... it's day one} and I just keep thinking of that Grinch quote I saw on my fb.

I'll post the correct one if I'm wrong, but it's along the lines of
    "The Grinch doesn't hate Christmas, he hates the people and I can 100% get on board with that"
    lol I'm both.
    Update: it's been 15mins and I'm ready to shut it off.
  • Options
    6fsn said:

Not really.  The one thing that is important is the size.  If you have a big family, which I know you have a couple of kids, is to get the largest size you can. 

We have a Cooks Essential brand from QVC.  While it is adequate for us, it really is only good for 2 people.  Some air fryers can do whole chickens, but I think that would be a stretch for ours.

On the This Old Gal Air Fryer group on facebook, many like the Phillips brand one.  My sister has a Big Boss and I've seen it, it is on the larger size and probably works well with her family of 3.

I've also seen many people who combine the Instant Pot with the Air Fryer.  Cook it from frozen in the Instant Pot and then crisp it up in the Air Fryer.  I do not have an Instant Pot though, so I can't really speak to the actual outcome.

• Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I get the concern about the 12 week mark, but my dr said if all is good in the ultrasounds she said it's good in her books {ex: 7 weeks ultrasound, heartbeat was 150bpm and that helps lower risk}
    But it's a personal thing. We announced on Wednesday, and I'm 13 weeks today - but we chose to wait until the 12 week ultrasound :)
  • Options
    6fsn said:

Not really.  The one thing that is important is the size.  If you have a big family, which I know you have a couple of kids, is to get the largest size you can. 

We have a Cooks Essential brand from QVC.  While it is adequate for us, it really is only good for 2 people.  Some air fryers can do whole chickens, but I think that would be a stretch for ours.

On the This Old Gal Air Fryer group on facebook, many like the Phillips brand one.  My sister has a Big Boss and I've seen it, it is on the larger size and probably works well with her family of 3.

I've also seen many people who combine the Instant Pot with the Air Fryer.  Cook it from frozen in the Instant Pot and then crisp it up in the Air Fryer.  I do not have an Instant Pot though, so I can't really speak to the actual outcome.

that's a good point.  We are a family of 2 and bought the bigger of the sizes (3 qt or 5 qt) because it comes with a divider and you can cook 2 things at once.  We love ours too.  Especially for chicken tenders/wings.  My mom has made good fresh cut "fried" french fries in hers, but I haven't tried any yet! 
    We got the air fryer xl like the ones you see in commercials.