Vow Renewals

Vow Renewal

My Husband & I have decided to renew our vows but we didn't have the real big wedding we had wanted when we first got married 4 years ago . Is that inappropriate to do so now? He doesn't want to do it like everyone else's , so we have decided to do it in October to avoid the holiday's when people might not be able to make it.  We have decided to add a little Christmas to it ( as its my favorite Holiday) .We aren't doing Santa or red and green or anything as its not all christmas. 

Re: Vow Renewal

• 4 years is pretty early for a vow renewal, but that's a preference thing, not a hard and fast etiquette rule. Don't have a total recreation: no wedding party, no toasts, no showers, no dramatic cake cutting or first dance, etc.

As for the Christmas in October...sounds a little weird. What details are you thinking of adding?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    My Husband & I have decided to renew our vows but we didn't have the real big wedding we had wanted when we first got married 4 years ago . Is that inappropriate to do so now? He doesn't want to do it like everyone else's , so we have decided to do it in October to avoid the holiday's when people might not be able to make it.  We have decided to add a little Christmas to it ( as its my favorite Holiday) .We aren't doing Santa or red and green or anything as its not all christmas. 
    I'm sorry, but vow renewals are not second weddings.  They are usually done after the couple has spent many years married.  If you invite people to a "vow renewal" that is really a big re-do wedding, you won't fool anyone.  Vow renewals are usually quiet occasions with a simple vow recitation immediately followed by a reception.

As for the Christmas in October theme, please remember that Christmas is a religious holiday for many people, and this might offend someone. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Enjoy your anniversary party.
  • Could you wait until your 5 year anniversary? I agree, a 4 year vow renewal seems a little off.

What about a super awesome Christmas party? Or, if you live further away from a lot of you guests and want to avoid holiday travel, what about a fun Christmas-in-July party? 
  • So you want to have a 4-year Christmas-themed vow renewal in October?

Sorry, that's pretty weird. I also vote 5-year anniversary party (or 4 year, if you're so inclined) OR throw a bomb-ass formal christmas party this or next year (since you're so into Christmas)
    My thoughts exactly.