Wedding Woes

No love for Tuesday?

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited December 2017 in Wedding Woes
I know it's not as fun as hump day. Or Prude Thursday...or weekend Friday but man, you gotta acknowledge Tuesday!  Which OliveOIlsMom did.....nevermind.  Nothing to see here....

Re: No love for Tuesday?

• I just closed my thread to post in yours!  Jinx!  Times 2!

H & I doubled teamed both laundry and making meatballs last night.  Got everything done pretty quickly, so we had time to relax.

Meatloaf for dinner.  Mmmmmmm meatloaf......

Tonight I'm going to try and wrap some of the Christmas gifts I have laying around.

I hope everyone's Tuesday will be better than Monday!

• re: your siggy line.  I LOVE that show.  Did you know they had a cruise?  well, they had one this year and i hope it's an annual thing with them.

• Omg idk where to post! :')
  • Gawd I just posted in the other one!! Today is chaos!
  • @OliveOilsMom, meatloaf is also a favorite in my household.  I even bought one of those "made for tv" meatloaf pans that came with a recipe booklet.  It stepped up my meatloaf game, lol.

Our favorite recipe is French Onion meatloaf.  Make your meatloaf however you usually do.  Then mix in a can of French Onion soup (for two lbs.).  In the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, put slices of provolone cheese on the top along with crispy fried onions.  The French Onion soup really adds a nice flavor and helps keep the meatloaf moist.

I did a mystery shop last night that was fun and different from the norm.  It is called a "reveal" shop.  Basically, I went in and placed the order I was instructed to do.  Then I wait and see if the employee upsells me.  Whether they do or don't, I then reveal that I am the mystery shopper and tell them their results.  In this case, if they were successful, I had gifts for everyone on shift ($10 Amazon gift cards).

Luckily, they were successful, and I got to have my Oprah Winfrey moment.  "You get a gift.  You get a gift.  Everyone gets a gift!"  All the employees were happy and excited and kept thanking me.  It's fun to be the bearer of good news.  One of them commented, "Finally something good happens on the night shift!", lol.

I'm having a better day than yesterday.  Probably because I got enough sleep.  I really should do that more often, lol.

This year is 5 years with my company and they are having a luncheon today for all the 5-10-15er's.  I'm excited to go, but also suspect it will be a boring rah-rah.  But I'm sure it would be bad form to take my lunch and leave, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, I GOTTA make that meatloaf! french onion soup is my favorite soup of all time.  I order it almost everywhere I go.
    I LOL'd at your Oprah moment.  How fun!

yup, we're just trying to keep people on their toes!

• We are Impractical Jokers fans too.  :D   DefConn loves them.  

I also need to get my ass in gear on the Christmas presents I currently have.  Or else I end up doing a marathon and my back hates me. 

I'm slowly making my orders for Christmas gifts.  I have a few more that I need to do.  DH and I are doing a shopping day next Wednesday.  The kiddo's bday and Christmas are almost done.  And I think I know what I'm going to do for his GF too.  

We have major tickets to buy for events.  We're getting DefConn and my nephew Monster Jam tickets for Christmas and DH wants to go to see his favorite rock band the first week of January. 

Confession: I did the Taylor Swift presale song and dance (bought the album and watched the videos) so I could get a presale slot.  My slot is tomorrow (for ONE HOUR!).  And I did it because Mr. Conn is a HUGE Swiftie.  We've had a TS calendar the last 6 or 7 years that is proudly displayed in our kitchen.   BUT, I have been listening to her new album nonstop and I. Love. It. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    We are Impractical Jokers fans too.  :D   DefConn loves them.  

I also need to get my ass in gear on the Christmas presents I currently have.  Or else I end up doing a marathon and my back hates me. 

I'm slowly making my orders for Christmas gifts.  I have a few more that I need to do.  DH and I are doing a shopping day next Wednesday.  The kiddo's bday and Christmas are almost done.  And I think I know what I'm going to do for his GF too.  

We have major tickets to buy for events.  We're getting DefConn and my nephew Monster Jam tickets for Christmas and DH wants to go to see his favorite rock band the first week of January. 

Confession: I did the Taylor Swift presale song and dance (bought the album and watched the videos) so I could get a presale slot.  My slot is tomorrow (for ONE HOUR!).  And I did it because Mr. Conn is a HUGE Swiftie.  We've had a TS calendar the last 6 or 7 years that is proudly displayed in our kitchen.   BUT, I have been listening to her new album nonstop and I. Love. It. 
    Complete opposite here! I did the whole thing only to hate the new album and have no interest in her concert. 
  • re: your siggy line.  I LOVE that show.  Did you know they had a cruise?  well, they had one this year and i hope it's an annual thing with them.

Yes.  We watch them entirely too much!  We also quote them on the regular. The cruise this year is actually the 2nd one they have done.  So it may be an annual thing.  Not sure I love them enough that I would go on a cruise with them!  We have seen their tour and they are also great on stage! 

Today is chaos!  But I'm going to pretend this is our Tuesday thread!  LOL!  It was technically started 2 minutes before mine!

MJL - Can you get Meatloaf mix?  It is ground pork, beef and veal all in one.  Some places have it completely pre-mixed, others will have the 3 different ground meats next to each other.  The fat content of the 3 meats help keep both meatloaf and meatballs balanced.  It can be difficult to dry it out.

My meatloaf recipe is not measured but hope this helps!  The meatloaf mix.  (If you can't find meatloaf mix - you could do either ground beef plus ground pork or ground beef plus sausage).  I then add a bunch of ketchup, an egg, parsley, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic.  The secret ingredient is oatmeal!   I also will add in bread crumbs as I mix it until it will hold itself together.  I then bake it at 375 or 400 for about 30 minutes or so until cooked.  The excess amount of ketchup in the meatloaf helps make a caramelized crust around the meatloaf.  I don't put anything on top while it cooks.

• @mrsconn23 dude, I am biased because TS used to (maybe still does) tech all her shows in my hometown and I always ran spotlight when I still lived there but I think she is great. She puts on a great show, is very considerate of her fans, and treats her staff incredibly well. Plus I enjoy her music. She is awesome in my book.
  • @mrsconn23 dude, I am biased because TS used to (maybe still does) tech all her shows in my hometown and I always ran spotlight when I still lived there but I think she is great. She puts on a great show, is very considerate of her fans, and treats her staff incredibly well. Plus I enjoy her music. She is awesome in my book.
    I like her, I'm just not the superfan that DH is.  She puts out catchy songs and is an exceedingly smart businesswoman who is in complete control of her career and image.  She seems to do a lot of charity work and donates money.  She seems like a nice, caring person.  
  • @short+sassy  Someone I know {i can't remember who lol} has put french onion soup mix in with meatloaf while mixing it and turned out really good :)
    My fave way for meatloaf is basic way, but with a sauce. M makes the same sauce/topping every time and it's never turned out the same. Always good but never the same :')
    Ketchup, bbq sauce, sugar or brown sugar {depending on BBQ sauce}
    Caramelizes and is so good :)

M loves Impractical Jokers. He'll go thru phases of watching them mostly on youtube. Some are great some are dumb. My fave part about them is you can actually tell they're friends lol

So we went for waffles last night. Ok I had waffles, M had cheeseburger lol!
    Headache slowly going away. Sinus pain and neck/back tension is not fun. I booked a prenatal massage for the 23rd at the spa near my house. I have a gift card so might as well use it. Going forward I'll be going to a different place.

It's absolutely insane what meds you can and can't take when you're pregnant! I hate aerius because it's over priced, but it's one of the few things I can take. I was hunting for sinus meds, but pharmacist gave me allergy meds. Whatever, it's working.
    I'm gonna talk to my dr this week when I see her about it.

I'm doing a serious skincare buy at Sephora later this week lol ;)
  • We are in the boring but tasty meatloaf camp and use the Quaker Oats recipe.  
    http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipe/classic-meatloaf
    I find that if I mix it with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, it holds together better.  We also have the made for tv meatloaf pan.

Not too much new here.  We have a drama llama in the office who is always stirring &*%$ up.  Today is no exception.  I'd like to help her find a new job "opportunity".  
  • Btw does anyone have a food sealer? We just got one and I'm stoked to use it, and someone at the store suggested preseasoning some meats - has anyone done this?
    pros? cons?
  • Btw does anyone have a food sealer? We just got one and I'm stoked to use it, and someone at the store suggested preseasoning some meats - has anyone done this?
    pros? cons?

Why, yes I do!  I bought it on clearance at Walmart a few years ago and put it in one of my kitchen cupboards.

Where it still sits today.  Never opened (sigh), lol.

Pre-seasoning meats sounds like an additional good use!  I do that all the time anyway with the typical Ziploc bags or in a bowl.  I might be inspired now to break mine out and use it, lol.  Let me know how it goes if you try this and I'll do the same.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In case anyone was wanting something to watch, I am watching Alias Grace on Netflix and am really enjoying it. 3 episodes in.
  • MKD - We have a food sealer and love it!  We first invested in the vacuum ziplock type bags.  But my mom got us the full sealer and we love it.  We generally buy our meats in bulk at BJs.  This helps it keep longer without getting the frost in the bags.  Our current fridge and fridge in the old house used to frost badly.  I can't wait until our new fridge is delivered in a few weeks!  It is my first new fridge ever!

Anyway - We do preseason meats and then freeze them.  We have done both liquid and dry marinates.  Basically, as the meat thaws, it will absorb whatever flavor you added in before freezing.  We always make sure to label the marinade we make or at least which genre of food "Italian" or "Asian", etc.  So we know what type of side to make!

• In case anyone was wanting something to watch, I am watching Alias Grace on Netflix and am really enjoying it. 3 episodes in.
    I Am looking for something new to watch! I have three eps left of Salem (booo) and will give "roanoke" a stab but I heard it wasn't their best season.  by a simple google search this looks good too!

• @short+sassy  Mostly I marinate pork chops, so we're gonna try that first. I'll keep you posted!

@OliveOilsMom Yeh we have frosty ziploc bags right now :( we're hoping they aren't freezer burnt but I don't have much faith.
    Yay new fridge! :D 
  • S+S - LOL on the Oprah moment. That's awesome

Re: Impractical Jokers, we used to watch it and really liked it but then both kind of got tired of it. Not sure if it was just because it was the same stuff over and over or what

I really liked TS when she was more country, haven't been that big of a fan lately although her stuff still gets stuck in my head (I don't listen to country but used to years ago)
  • I don't have a lot of love for Tuesday, but I'm here. It's been busy around these parts.
  • edited December 2017
    Edit... gif won't upload! I had such a good one for this thread. 

• @thisismynickname2, I can see the funny gif about meatloaf!  It's actually in that post 4x.  A perfect gif for all the meatloaf love going on today.

Back from my work anniversary luncheon.  A bit fancier than I was expecting.  Caesar salad, Beef Bourginon over noodles, and a piece of cheesecake for dessert.  They also had a server bringing everyone their food, instead of it being buffet style.

They gave everyone a gift, depending on their years of service.  I was given a portfolio with the company logo embossed on the front.

Picked up some fun facts about the company and the building we're in.  The client I work for has been their client since 1946!  I knew it had been since the '80s, which is still really long, but had no idea the relationship went back that far.

The building used to be a clearinghouse for money from pay phones, throughout the Southern region.  Back then, the phone company processed $100K in coin/day.  Mostly nickels.  And that was $100K in 1960's/1970's money.  That's 2M nickels.  Per day.  Crazy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have got to start wrapping Christmas presents. I finally got DD's birthday present wrapped since we are going to Chicago this weekend and will early celebrate with her. I also got my book club book wrapped and my spin class ornament exchange wrapped but that's it. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed but my to do list. 

On the bright side I got 4 tickets for Hamilton in Chicago for my girls' weekend in May. I saw it when it first opened but am up for seeing it again. I hate ticketmaster though. The girls were excited to go see it. I'm in charge of this weekend since it is my territory - we take turns organizing.

I also had a major eye roll moment today when I received a facebook baby shower invitation issued by the mom and dad to a shower for their second baby. Baby number 1 isn't even 2 yet! I didn't go to the shower for baby #1 (I was out of town) which was given by the mother to be, but I did send a gift. I really don't want to go to this one or send a gift. I mean really, how tacky. Apparently, she (the mom) had a post on FB a week or so ago that she finally finished her registry!

Anyway, off to try and check more stuff off the list!
  • I have got to start wrapping Christmas presents. I finally got DD's birthday present wrapped since we are going to Chicago this weekend and will early celebrate with her. I also got my book club book wrapped and my spin class ornament exchange wrapped but that's it. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed but my to do list. 

On the bright side I got 4 tickets for Hamilton in Chicago for my girls' weekend in May. I saw it when it first opened but am up for seeing it again. I hate ticketmaster though. The girls were excited to go see it. I'm in charge of this weekend since it is my territory - we take turns organizing.

I also had a major eye roll moment today when I received a facebook baby shower invitation issued by the mom and dad to a shower for their second baby. Baby number 1 isn't even 2 yet! I didn't go to the shower for baby #1 (I was out of town) which was given by the mother to be, but I did send a gift. I really don't want to go to this one or send a gift. I mean really, how tacky. Apparently, she (the mom) had a post on FB a week or so ago that she finally finished her registry!

Anyway, off to try and check more stuff off the list!

One of my good friends told me today she is pregnant with number 3!  I think it was a surprise because she gave me all of her baby clothes about 5 months ago!!!!  Her youngest is also 4 this year.

I did tell her to make a small registry for basics that she will need, so anyone who asks what they can get her, she can provide the registry info.  But to just register and throw yourself another baby shower??? No, especially when baby No. 1 isn't even 2!  You should have planned the registry for No. 1 better!

• *Barbie* said:

I took yesterday off, so no love for this Tuesday since it's my Monday.
    I decided to try and do some Christmas shopping at the outlets, but only got stuff for myself (bag (above), wallet (matching, in bag), work pants, capri leggings, and shoes (above)) and for Wolverine (3 pairs of jeans - black, black with glitter, blue, 3 long sleeve t-shirts - glittery cat, unicorn with reversible sequins, star with reversible sequins, a silver pleather motorcycle jacket with a faux fur collar, and a poop emoji pillow with reversible pink and silver holographic sequins.)

I was looking at a few nicer briefcases/travel bags for DK, but I wanted to get his input and make sure he was going to use it enough to justify the purchase - so maybe for Valentines' Day if/when his promotion goes through and we know the extent of the travel.

I love those shoes! Unfortunately, Steve Madden flats and my feet do not get along.
  • *Barbie* said:

I took yesterday off, so no love for this Tuesday since it's my Monday.
    I decided to try and do some Christmas shopping at the outlets, but only got stuff for myself (bag (above), wallet (matching, in bag), work pants, capri leggings, and shoes (above)) and for Wolverine (3 pairs of jeans - black, black with glitter, blue, 3 long sleeve t-shirts - glittery cat, unicorn with reversible sequins, star with reversible sequins, a silver pleather motorcycle jacket with a faux fur collar, and a poop emoji pillow with reversible pink and silver holographic sequins.)

I was looking at a few nicer briefcases/travel bags for DK, but I wanted to get his input and make sure he was going to use it enough to justify the purchase - so maybe for Valentines' Day if/when his promotion goes through and we know the extent of the travel.

I love those shoes! Unfortunately, Steve Madden flats and my feet do not get along.

I went up a 1/2 size with the flats. There's no arch support, but they're pretty comfortable. If I had to walk a lot, I would probably want an insert.
  • @*Barbie* - I'm having serious shoe and bag envy. The sales are good right now! Why not treat yoself?
    *********************************************************************************