Wedding Woes

It's snowing!

2»

Re: It's snowing!

• @flantastic - At 36 weeks, my doctor told me "Everything is in tact and that baby is going nowhere." She was in my arms 4 days later!  LOL!  I wish you an easy delivery!
  • @sparklepants41 I cannot speak for others, but I personally take my applesauce very seriously. {okay .... all food right now tbh} lol
    dude, we had our holiday party at a steakhouse and I ordered the porkchop.  the  tiny tin of applesauce they had with it was the world to me.  It was spiced so perfectly. I liked it better than the $40 porkchop. If we go there again (which we probably wont) I'm going to special request the applesauce with whatever dish I have.  Up till Friday I only thought of applesauce as motts. 
    I've been eating strawberry apple sauce from Mott's because it said "+ fibre" and my dr said I should up that. Lol
    Mott's life.
  • @flantastic - I had a girlfriend who delivered at like 36.5wks two months ago. She has a 2.5 year old and was not ready at all. But things fell into place right away and all was good. :) Wishing you a healthy delivery and a healthy baby!
    *********************************************************************************

• @flantastic - At 36 weeks, my doctor told me "Everything is in tact and that baby is going nowhere." She was in my arms 4 days later!  LOL!  I wish you an easy delivery!
    Ha! Yeah, I just have no family history (including my own very punctual DD - I was in labor most of my due date and delivered at 3:15 AM the next day) that would lead me to believe that we're going to get a tax deduction for 2017 ;)

Thanks for the well wishes too, MKD and southernbelle!
  • Oh!  I forgot to tell you all about the b.s. my H suffered at the hands of Uber.  It was pouring rain yesterday, while he did our hotel picture route.  He did have an umbrella and I gave him ride to the start of the route on my way to work.

He usually takes a bus home, but took an Uber instead because of the nasty weather.

He got an e-mail last night from Uber that the driver had turned him in for "leaving moisture" on the seat.  EIGHTY dollar cleaning charge.  For water.  That will dry.

There were pictures attached.  It wasn't even like the whole seat was drenched or anything!  The only darker spots for water was a small line on each side where the crack of the seat is.

He disputed it.  I was surprised they responded back so fast but, even though it was 8 or 9PM, they sent a response within about an hour.  They "apologized" that they had "accidentally" charged him the incorrect cleaning charge.  It should have been $20 and they would be crediting $60 back to our card.

At least there was that, but we're still so pissed.  I told him to dispute it again, but he didn't want to.  I'm going to dispute it with my credit card. 

Pfft.  If I had my way, that driver would be suspended from Uber for a week or two as a lesson, for trying to bilk his customer over a false claim.  Of course, that won't happen.  But making a claim for imaginary damage is no better than stealing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2017
    @flantastic - At 36 weeks, my doctor told me "Everything is in tact and that baby is going nowhere." She was in my arms 4 days later!  LOL!  I wish you an easy delivery!
    Ha! Yeah, I just have no family history (including my own very punctual DD - I was in labor most of my due date and delivered at 3:15 AM the next day) that would lead me to believe that we're going to get a tax deduction for 2017 ;)

Thanks for the well wishes too, MKD and southernbelle!
    Haha! My mum's dr was a week off {using current methods I figured that out} and my mum went into labour o the 6th, I was born on 7th. Due date ;) Dr said 14th .... I was like "no actually, you're wrong" and decided I enjoy irony enough, I was born on labour day :D 

PS - all hail tax deduction!
  • Pfft.  If I had my way, that driver would be suspended from Uber for a week or two as a lesson, for trying to bilk his customer over a false claim.  Of course, that won't happen.  But making a claim for imaginary damage is no better than stealing.

Or dude, don't want your car to get wet?  don't drive in the rain!  Even the $20 is ridiculous to me.  I actually stopped using uber because they wouldn't take any form of credit card from me (like none of my payments worked, so I went to lyft since then.

• @Lala9414 Oh for sure :) I'll post here what I'm posting on fb
    I'm excited to be able to possibly say "i told you so!" to M ;) hahaha
  • It sounds like a really good kickoff to the weekend @kimmiinthemitten! (Minus the comforter...but you're getting a new one! There something just so great about new bedding.) And yay for Mr. Mittens! Do big things!

@MissKittyDanger - I've gained about 11lbs so far this pregnancy and I definitely feel it. Blah! idk why but it feels like my body is constantly saying "eat that cheesy gordita crunch and let me promptly place it on your muffin top." Who else is pregnant up in here? I know there's someone else...

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. Most obviously, it's Friday. But it's also the day DH gets home from being OOT for work. Yay! AND I'm WFH tomorrow. 

Do y'all send Christmas cards? It seems like everyone does the picture ones these days, but I've been off my picture game this year and I look fat/gross/tired in every family photo we have. I don't wannaaaaaa, but DH really wants to. Ugh.
    I'm at 36 wks. Really, I'm actually feeling good about the weight gain because it's less than last time. I'm already up 32 lbs, but last time it was 45.

To another question, we're going to send Christmas cards, but I'm just going to handwrite little notes in a normal Christmas card, not make a point of getting pictures or doing a picture one.

Also, @ILoveBeachMusic's daughter is pregnant with twins.  I think the daughter is within a week or two of @MissKittyDanger.

Yes she's due the end of June but they won't let her go past 39 weeks with twins. She has her 12 week ultrasound next week! Best of luck for a safe delivery and healthy baby @flantastic!
  • lyndausvi said:
    I wish it was snowing here  :'(:'(:'(:'(     I just hiked up to the restaurant and there is very little snow.  Not much on the horizon either.  It's so bad, my right foot microspike broke because of a lack of snow in some places.  

We were to open this weekend, but not going to happen.    Yet another week without work.  My poor bank account is looking sad.   

The uphill race on Saturday will be interesting.   While there is some snow over there, it's not the best.    I have to by another set of microspikes for the race too.    Ugh.

On a positive note, apparently I've been promoted to manager.   Last year I was co-managing with 2 others.  (I use that term loosely, we are more supervisors).  

One guy (who had 1 year more experience than me) isn't coming back.  The other guy (who has been here for 37 years) isn't coming back until the first of the year.    Plus he leaves before the end of the season. 

At the company wide meeting they introduced only me as a manager. I just figured it was because  the 37-year vet wasn't there.     I meet my team, seems like a great group. No princesses or criminals/excessive drug users like last year.      Then I read the phone list and noticed I was listed as the manager and 2 others (both new) are assistant mgrs.     Well okay.   I did get a nice raise for this season and looking at the schedule I'm getting more hours than last year also.     

Now if it would fucking snow so I can actually start making money.  At this rate my season-to-date pay will end up the same as last year.

congrats, @Lyndausvi! kinda odd they didn't tell you though. LOL.  And it will snow.  It's gotta.  It will happen!

• I specifically moved somewhere where it does not snow, and it is snowing here today. To quote my namesake, "I am most seriously displeased."
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • @lyndausvi congrats on your promotion!!!
  • they said it might snow tonight. that's not supposed to happen in Houston, but at least I don't have anywhere to be until 10am, so it has time for the roads to clear.
  • Congratulations on the promotion @lyndausvi!
  • @charlotte989875 Crazy late to the party, but I'm not super close. I have friends who are evacuating though. =/ We were close to the Corona fires a few months back. Everything is burning. =(

• levioosa said:
    @charlotte989875 Crazy late to the party, but I'm not super close. I have friends who are evacuating though. =/ We were close to the Corona fires a few months back. Everything is burning. =(
    That sucks. The pictures and videos are just horrible. Really hope you and your friends stay safe.