Chit Chat

Are you ready for some football?!

Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• eileenrob said:
    @kimmiinthemitten how close it our game going to get?? Maybe we’ll tie again  :D

Haha, maybe!  I wonder how that works in playoffs?
  • eileenrob said:
    @kimmiinthemitten how close it our game going to get?? Maybe we’ll tie again  :D

When will our playoffs begin?  I feel like it’s usually week 12
  • eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

I think we have one more week of regular season then playoffs. 
  • eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

I just looked it up.  The regular season is a 17-week season with each team getting one bye week.  This year, the last games for the regular season are on Sunday, Dec. 31st.

It always cracks me up, as we get closer to playoffs, and announcers and articles start talking about "what it would take" for the more middle of the road teams to make it to the playoffs.  And it is this very exact, very unlikely, and complicated scenario that "these" 4 teams have to lose and "these" 3 teams have to win, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I believe our league playoffs begin next week; my other leagues start this week and I'm playing the same friend in both.
  • Okay, I found it for real this time.  Week 15 & 16 are the playoffs.  Top four teams go!

Both Gangreen and KV are projected to win this week, I believe that means Gangreen will stay in fourth (based on wins and points).

• So no more FF after this week unless you're top 4? 
  • Oh, sorry!  My usual newbie self.  I didn't realize league playoffs were different from the actual playoffs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, sorry!  My usual newbie self.  I didn't realize league playoffs were different from the actual playoffs.
    :)

It has to work that way since not all NFL teams makes it into the playoff.  Which in turn means a lot of your players wouldn't be playing either and leaving everyone with half-filled teams.

But it's all good.  The first year DH played I was confused myself.

This week I play DH in the first round of playoffs.   We are 1-1 in regular season.  It's going to be an interesting weekend for us.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • H has playoffs in his league this week, too. 

Bills-Colts tickets for Sunday's game (in Buffalo) are going for $6 on stubhub. 

Ouch!  Although if Stafford had broken his hand instead of just bruising it, I imagine we'd be the same way.

Oh no!  That's horrible, lol!

Long ago, before Drew Brees and when the Saints had been just awful for years, one of our friends had season tickets.  For one game, he had another event he needed to go to, but was going to be near the Superdome.

Out of kindness to any passerby who wanted them, he left his two tickets to the game under his wipers.

When he returned to his car after his event and the game were over, there were two MORE tickets under his wiper!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ouch!  Although if Stafford had broken his hand instead of just bruising it, I imagine we'd be the same way.
    Yeah I'd say part of this is Taylor likely being out, part Indy being bad, and part lake effect snow we've been getting for days. 

Or you could get paid $11/hour plus a free ticket to the game by shoveling the stadium. Bring your own shovel. https://247sports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/Bolt/Bills-offer-free-tickets-and-money-for-help-shoveling-snow-112008469 
  • A view from Buffalo...

• A view from Buffalo...

That is crazy.  So much snow.    Too bad it didn't hit us first.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Holy hell!  That's crazy...and makes me grateful the Lions play indoors.
  • lyndausvi said:
    A view from Buffalo...

That is crazy.  So much snow.    Too bad it didn't hit us first.
    It’s all Lake Effect snow. I live about 10 miles from the stadium and we have maybe an inch or two. 

Also our game is pretty exciting today!
  • Holy hell!  That's crazy...and makes me grateful the Lions play indoors.
    Yeah this is going to be the reasoning for building a dome stadium. 

•   When you have Rivers and Allen on one league and the team you are playing in this league has the same players.

@charlotte989875    

• lyndausvi said:

When you have Rivers and Allen on one league and the team you are playing in this league has the same players.

@charlotte989875    
    Hahaha, that really is a tough one. 
  • Yea the Bills/Colts game was crazy with that snow

and uhhhh @short+sassy you have 4 empty spots on your roster today ...... but you are still projected to beat me  WTF my team is awful 
  • So it's going to come down to the kicker and the defense, @lyndausvi
  • Oh man @charlotte989875 that weather looks miserable!! 
  • So what's the playoff seeding? 1 plays 4; 2 plays 3? 
  • So what's the playoff seeding? 1 plays 4; 2 plays 3? 
    Typically.

• kvruns said:
    Yea the Bills/Colts game was crazy with that snow

and uhhhh @short+sassy you have 4 empty spots on your roster today ...... but you are still projected to beat me  WTF my team is awful 

I have been very neglectful of my poor Fantasy team this year.  I will try to do better next year, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A view from Buffalo...

This game wasn't showing for us until the final few plays in OT.  But my H and I were getting a kick out of watching a game in SO much snow!!!  We also watched some of the Army-Navy game on Saturday.  They were playing in snow, too.  They had to keep clearing away the field lines, but the snow wasn't nearly as deep as it was for this game.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Yea the Bills/Colts game was crazy with that snow

I have been very neglectful of my poor Fantasy team this year.  I will try to do better next year, lol.
    well I think your neglect worked since you kicked my ass!
  • lyndausvi said:
    So what's the playoff seeding? 1 plays 4; 2 plays 3? 
    Typically.

It should be....when I logged in a couple weeks ago it asked me to turn seeding on and I did.
  • Remember, there are games Saturday, this week. 

@lyndausvi, I like that we have a rematch from last week!