Wedding Woes
Options

Holiday Movies

2»

Re: Holiday Movies

• Options
    Fun fact, I'm currently not a fan of any of the Home Alone movies because my mum admits to 'vague brainwashing' {lol her words!}

So she watched it when it came out, and realized that if I watched it then I would have constant panic of my parents leaving without me {I has slight separation anxiety as a kid} Knowing I would have issues, she basically lied and said I wouldn't like it. She pulled every bad thing about it "kid isn't with his family around the holidays. Neighbors try to play pranks on him. It goes bad" etc etc.

Now? Don't like the movie. Lol!
  • Options
    Two thumbs up for Arsenic and Old Lace.
  • Options

I will watch them again lol
  • Options
    I haven't seen a lot of Christmas movies. Ones I love are White Christmas. Just the best except, man, does Betty (Vera-Ellen) look unnaturally skinny!

I saw National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time a couple years ago and just about died. So funny, especially the tree. 
  • Options
    I haven't seen a lot of Christmas movies. Ones I love are White Christmas. Just the best except, man, does Betty (Vera-Ellen) look unnaturally skinny!

I saw National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time a couple years ago and just about died. So funny, especially the tree. 
    The sledding scene in Christmas Vacation gets me every time!
  • Options
    I saw "Sound of Music" coming up in a few days. Apparently it's a Christmas movie, but I don't consider that one ..... so let's throw that into my pile of the ones I watch.

Also, new movie I absolutely adore. "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas" <3 I love that cranky cat :)
  • Options
    I saw "Sound of Music" coming up in a few days. Apparently it's a Christmas movie, but I don't consider that one ..... so let's throw that into my pile of the ones I watch.

Also, new movie I absolutely adore. "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas" <3 I love that cranky cat :)
    I never would have thought of The Sound of Music as a Christmas movie!
  • Options

I never would have thought of The Sound of Music as a Christmas movie!
    It's because of the song "My Favourite Things" apparently.
  • Options

Grumpy Cat has a Christmas movie!!!!  Is it online?  Where can I find it?

That scrunchy little face always cracks me up.

I read an interview with Grumpy Cat's owner.  Of course, the main question was, "Is Grumpy Cat really grumpy?"  The owner said that, ironically, their other cat (Grumpy Cat's litter mate) is the real grumpy cat.  But Grumpy Cat herself is very sweet and contented.

I've tried having discussions with my own cat on strategies she can take to garner fame and endorsement deals.  But, so far, she has refused to produce Internet Gold for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Grumpy Cat has a Christmas movie!!!!  Is it online?  Where can I find it?

That scrunchy little face always cracks me up.

I read an interview with Grumpy Cat's owner.  Of course, the main question was, "Is Grumpy Cat really grumpy?"  The owner said that, ironically, their other cat (Grumpy Cat's litter mate) is the real grumpy cat.  But Grumpy Cat herself is very sweet and contented.

I've tried having discussions with my own cat on strategies she can take to garner fame and endorsement deals.  But, so far, she has refused to produce Internet Gold for me.

I know the DVD is out, so you can probably find it online :)
    Yehhh .... her sister Pokey is the actual grumpy one! It's the face. I swear that cat is my spirit animal. Also Aubrey Plaza voices Grumpy {from Parks & Rec - she's perfect}
    Side note: gif from the movie:

shooting grumpy cat GIF
  • Options
    The Muppet Family Christmas and the Muppet Christmas Carol are two of my favorites. But also The Holiday and Love Actually. 

I hate a Christmas Story and I think the Jim Carey Grinch is bad. 
  • Options
    The Muppet Family Christmas and the Muppet Christmas Carol are two of my favorites. But also The Holiday and Love Actually. 

Bolded.
    Is that the one with Muppets, then Sesame Street and Fraggles? :)
  • Options

Bolded.
    It is! It is definitely the best Christmas movie ever. 
  • Options

Bolded.
    It is! It is definitely the best Christmas movie ever. 

fraggle rock GIF
  • Options

help, what Christmas movie does this depict?  I'm doing a little trivia thing with friends and this is the only one I can't figure out!

• Options
    @kaos16 I'm not going to pretend I figured it out, but my Googlefu says "Hercule Poirot's Christmas" by Agatha Christie.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @kaos16 I'm not going to pretend I figured it out, but my Googlefu says "Hercule Poirot's Christmas" by Agatha Christie.

I wanted to cheat and google, but I don't know how to google a photo