Wedding Woes

TGI Get me out of this week!

I'm ready for the weekend!  Working off-site catering in a blizzard in a rear wheel drive work van is not fun!  The van got stuck and I had to ditch it about 2 football fields away from the party, which meant getting my car and loading it, driving to the van, unloading, rinse, repeat.  And for the smaller loads, I said efff it and jogged.  At least I can still job that far after gaining back all my pre surgery weight loss.

Last night was the final holiday party of the campaigning network.  H hasn't officially announced so it's more to drum up a buzz, and it's working, but I'm ready for a break before it starts full time next month.

Tonight at work, we're hosting local artists for a wine tasting and I'm not working so I'm going to stay and enjoy it and network.  Tomorrow is the football game and Sunday is my anniversary.  I still can't believe I tricked that fool into marrying me, but he seems to still like me alright, so we're doing good.

And the bad news, I had a follow up from my gum surgery today.  I've officially been referred to ortho for braces.  I'm weeks away from my 38th birthday.

Re: TGI Get me out of this week!

• omg that van breakdown sounds AWFUL @kimmiinthemitten.  I couldn't have done it.  In a blizzard no less?  Happy anniversary!!!

Nothing going on today.  This weekend we have a matinee movie and a Christmas themed haunted house (yup) to go to on Saturday.  Sunday is Netflix and Chill. 

• @kimmiinthemitten that really sucks about your van breakdown - it sounds like you handled the problem really well! I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation. 

Today I have a half day at work. Trying to get a draft out the door before I leave and then I have to go to the post office to mail Christmas packages, buy more wrapping paper, finish up shopping for H, buy teacher gifts, and possibly squeeze in a nap before I go pick up Babypants from school. 
  • @charmedpam Loving the new gif by the way!

It was, I'm a pretty positive person (annoyingly so admittedly) and when I got back to the shop for the food I was so angry and frustrated and on the verge of tears.  Chef was like woah, I've never seen you like this.  
  • That's rough @kimmiinthemitten

I'm also ready to the week to be over. Presentation went okay yesterday. I did well, but I don't know how well received it was. I'm still not sure this position is going to work out. They hired to implement a new way of doing things, but there's so much resistance to change. 

Then my car died. Couldn't be jumped, had to be towed. 

Thankfully, one of the VP's (not my supervisor, but she oversees the programs I'm researching) told me to work from home, so I'm watching TV, drinking coffee, and waiting for emails. That's all the work I'm doing today.
  • @charlotte989875 oh no, what's wrong with your car?
  • @charlotte989875 oh no, what's wrong with your car?
    We haven't heard from the service center yet, but the AAA guy who came out thinks it's the starter. The battery is brand new so it wasn't that. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten would invisaline also work? If not, my aunt had braces at 35 - while pregnant with my cousin lol and if you're a SATC fan, Miranda had braces too ;)
    Happy anniversary! :)

@CharmedPam at least a Christmas themed haunted house should be interesting ....

Whole lotta not much.
    Made lasagna last night. Tidied up a bit of the living room. With both of us having colds {M still isn't 100% better, but he's more functioning} the living room has kinda gotten out of control. It's one of those places that tends to get out of control often though ...
    From being sick, I've had neck/shoulder pain, so I took a bath last night and had M put biofreeze on {yes, it's ok to put on. I checked} Neck still hurts but not as bad as yesterday.

M is finally doing his tires tonight!!! We're probably doing it at my mum's place, which works out well because we need to remeasure where her t.v is to make sure the new one will fit.
    Plus I may steal a soup from her lol

Saturday night is my Christmas party. We're doing an escape room then dinner. Idk how long I'll stay cuz my head currently is throbbing :(

Sunday M is going to a hockey game with friends, and I'm probably vacuuming and doing nothing.

One week until I'm on holidays! :)
  • @thefanciestbeckler happy birthday!!

@charlotte989875 what happened to your car? I hope it's an easy fix!

Thanks! The lights would come on, but the engine wouldn't turn over. I can put it in gear but nothing happens. 
  • edited December 2017
    @thefanciestbeckler happy birthday!!

Thanks! The lights would come on, but the engine wouldn't turn over. I can put it in gear but nothing happens. 
    Hmmmm. Battery? Starter? Ignition? 

Hmmmm. Battery? Starter? Ignition? 
    Probably starter. The battery was replaced new in the middle of October, so something else is going on. Hopefully we'll hear from the dealer soon. We have a warranty on it, so hopefully whatever it is will be covered, and they'll give me loaner if it takes a while to fix.

My coworker had that issue recently and ended up being gas issue. They're looking into it, but where she was getting gas may have had issue because they could see about an inch of stuff on top of the gas :\
  • Luckily that crap weather in the Midwest is missing Chicago as we're going to a wedding tomorrow and it'll be in the mid-40's. Lucky couple! Lucky me in my fancy open-toed shoes (the only shoes that match my dress)!

I'm kind of annoyed at my body. This wedding is going to be a boozy one and I'm tellin' ya, my body just can't handle the alcohol anymore. One glass of wine is enough. We were on vacation last week and I had a margarita and it made my stomach hurt. Had a cider yesterday at my work holiday party and it made my stomach hurt. DH plans to get drunk and my post-baby, nursing body is probably going to fall asleep at a table because wine is all I can handle and sleep deprivation + wine = not good. 
    I guess I'll chug diet Cokes?  Should be a really fun wedding though!

• @charlotte989875, sorry to hear about your car. Car costs are the worst.
    @misskittydanger, now I want lasagna!  I have always wanted to do the escape room.  have fun!
    @banana468 cuuuuute pictures! sounds like a fun night. 

• I’m so glad this week is over. Yesterday sucked. I had a complicated patient/family yesterday and I literally had zero charting done at the end of my shift because of it. So I had to stay until almost ten to finish. Plus someone took my freaking lunch home with them thinking it was theirs, so I finally got a lunch break only to discover I didn’t have any food and the cafeteria was closed. So I had a hangry melt down. To top it all off, I’m going per diem at my job, so I have to sign up for health insurance again. I went through the covered CA website only to have it tell me I’m not eligible for any plans because I’m alreay using Medicare benefits. Um, wtf, no. My identity was stolen over a year ago, so now I’m worried that someone is using my social for benefits. It could be a mix up, but I just don’t have that much faith in humanity.  Calling CC will be super fun today. They’re a nightmare to get a hold of. 

I’m just really glad I get to have a drink tonight. SO’s sister and her bf are coming over tonight. The guys are going to see Star Wars and she and I are going to hang out and have a drink or two. Tomorrow is SO’s Christmas party. 

@kimmiinthemitten That sucks about the van. I probably would have lost it. 

@charlotte989875 I hope the car is a cheap and easy fix! 

@thefanciestbeckler happy birthday!!!

• Luckily that crap weather in the Midwest is missing Chicago as we're going to a wedding tomorrow and it'll be in the mid-40's. Lucky couple! Lucky me in my fancy open-toed shoes (the only shoes that match my dress)!

I'm kind of annoyed at my body. This wedding is going to be a boozy one and I'm tellin' ya, my body just can't handle the alcohol anymore. One glass of wine is enough. We were on vacation last week and I had a margarita and it made my stomach hurt. Had a cider yesterday at my work holiday party and it made my stomach hurt. DH plans to get drunk and my post-baby, nursing body is probably going to fall asleep at a table because wine is all I can handle and sleep deprivation + wine = not good. 
    I guess I'll chug diet Cokes?  Should be a really fun wedding though!
    Never had a baby, but turning 32 and I can't have more than two drinks without feeling it, hard, the next morning. But my sister (who had her daughter in March) hasn't been able to drink the same things she used to either without it bothering her stomach. 
  • @CharmedPam I was suppose to do one a month ago for a friend's bday party, but I got sick. M went and apparently depending on which you do depends on how hard it is. One they did had a completion level of 8% and they got 95% done before time ran out lol
    I just gave my coworkers fair warning, if clues mean shoving fingers/hands into something, I vote not me lol
  • Only working a half day and the work computers are being difficult.  There are some things I need to get finished before I leave and it's making me irritated.

Show tonight that is going to be interesting.  K is starting to explore genderfuck/queer in drag, so first outfit is drag king burlesque, 2nd outfit is genderfuck which is a hella revealing stappy outfit, while still packed and bound, and last number is full bearded drag kwing.  3 major costume changes, with makeup/wig changes for each one.  *gulp*  It's always an adventure in this life.  :D  

Having lunch tomorrow with a really good friend I don't get to see that much.  Then back home and SSDD after that.
  • @VarunaTT What's the difference between what K was doing and this new part? I'm not familiar with drag in general {male or female}
  • @kimmiinthemitten, I can't even imagine that hell you went through with a blizzard and the van breaking down.  You are a real trooper!  Sorry to hear you might need braces.  Definitely sucks.  You deserve that wine tasting tonight!  Happy early anniversary.  I can't believe it's been a year!  It doesn't seem that long ago you were talking about it and posted the pics.

@charlotte989875, Talk about bad luck with the car!  Especially after the long, stressful week you have had.  When a car just doesn't turn over, it's either the battery, the starter, or something with the gas/gas delivery system.  But since the battery is new and the car is under warranty, you should be covered for whatever repairs are needed.  Still a hassle, though!  At least you can WFH today.

@MissKittyDanger, have fun at the Christmas Party!  My work used to throw epic Christmas parties, but they haven't had one for the last two years (grumble, grumble).

@thisismynickname2, have fun at the wedding, even if it can't be as boozy as you'd like!  Never had a child, but I've had to cut way back as I've gotten older.  I used to never get hangovers, but now I am more susceptible to headaches in general.

@levioosa, OMG!!!  That is so horrible to have your identity stolen and now to have it rear its ugly head again when you are trying to sign up for health insurance.  I hope you can get the matter taken care of as quickly as possible.  I feel you on the stolen lunch.  When a work day is rough, sometimes the only thing that helps me keep my sanity is my lunch break with some good, comforting food.

I don't have much planned for this weekend, except for an enormous grocery trip, lol.  Other than picking up a few needed items here and there at rando places like Dollar General, I haven't been in a grocery store since TG weekend!  I'm not quite sure how I got away with that, but my empty fridge and lighter freezer will testify, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2017
    Happy Friday.      I'm going hiking soon.   Then taking it easy tonight while DH works.    

Tomorrow I have to work a little (starting to set up the restaurant).  Then I have 2 parties.  One is an opening of a new restaurant.  The 2nd is the 1 year anniversary of our friend's restaurant.  Since DH is working I'm taking my hiking buddy/co-worker  to the opening.  We were both invited to the anniversary party and our respective husbands will join us.

I'm working again on Sunday.  Bringing in assistant managers to get ready for the rest of the staff to come in on Monday.   Hopefully we will open Wednesday.  Although, I think it's going to be hard since there is no snow in the forecast.  They are trying to make snow, so I guess we will see.  

Has anyone seen the Amazon Prime show The Marvelous Ms Maisel?     I really liked it and of course, now I have to wait for the next season.  Who knows when they will come out.  

I think I need to wait until a few seasons of a show are produced before I start binge watching.  I'm not liking this one season at a time stuff.   Ha.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @MissKittyDanger Drag king is a male illusion art.  Draq queen is female illusion art.

Gender queer/fuck is where bearded drag queen and this lovely vision will sit:

Where they're playing more with what is gender, how is it expressed, what can be messed about. 

• @short+sassy SO and I have been trying to save some money, so we've adopted a "only eat what's left in the fridge/cabinets" philosophy since Thanksgiving. I don't think I've ever seen it so bare. We've only been buying things like bananas and the occasional protein for weeks. 

I called right at 8 so thankfully it only took me a half hour instead of the 2-3 I was dreading. CC told me that the medicare thing happens all the time and is usually a glitch on their end. So they fixed it and I'm able to enroll now. I'm still kind of worried, but at last I can get health insurance. 

• @VarunaTT Ahhh okay :) thanks! Makes sense
  • speaking of TV shows, it was announced today that the premiere of Roseanne is March 27th.  Who has two thumbs and a DVR set for March 27th? This girl.

• There is a box of Lindt pralines on the shelf above my desk {reminder, I am a receptionist} SOMEBODY MOVE IT!! I KEEP SNACKING!!
  • speaking of TV shows, it was announced today that the premiere of Roseanne is March 27th.  Who has two thumbs and a DVR set for March 27th? This girl.
    I was always meh about Roseanne.  I watched it from time-to-time, but never went out of my way to watch either.    The last season was just... bad.  

Although most final seasons are bad.   Heck the shows that come back seem to ignore the "final" season even existed.   Looking at you Will and Grace.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Happy Friday.      I'm going hiking soon.   Then taking it easy tonight while DH works.    

n the forecast.  They are trying to make snow, so I guess we will see.  

Has anyone seen the Amazon Prime show The Marvelous Ms Masiel?     I really liked it and of course, now I have to wait for the next season.  Who knows when they will come out.  

I'm about four episodes in and I love it! One small annoyance, like why does Amy Sherman Palladino have to open with a fat joke about women? Maybe I read too much criticism of her Gilmore Girls revival, but c'mon. Other than that I love it. And so many GG characters is great. Alex Borstein is amazing. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    speaking of TV shows, it was announced today that the premiere of Roseanne is March 27th.  Who has two thumbs and a DVR set for March 27th? This girl.
    I was always meh about Roseanne.  I watched it from time-to-time, but never went out of my way to watch either.    The last season was just... bad.  

Although most final seasons are bad.   Heck the shows that come back seem to ignore the "final" season even existed.   Looking at you Will and Grace.
    I felt Roseanne wrapped it up quite well in the last ep {I'M LOOKING AT YOU HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!!!!} But it'll be interesting, now that Johnny Galeki has agreed to be on as David :)