Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Signature Drink Name Help

Hi! I'm having a morning wedding just before Christmas (the 22nd) and I'm trying to come up with cute signature drink names for our drinks? 

We will be serving a champagne cocktail with cranberry and a little gin & a coffee with Irish Creamer (Bailey's) 

Any ideas? We aren't Irish, so making it a play on Irish words might not really fit. I know so many of you are crazy creative and I would love the help! :smile:

Re: Signature Drink Name Help

• Disappointingly, I'm uncreative today.

But whatever you decide, I would have a sign at the bar - big enough for the 3rd or 4th person in line to see - that says the names of the drinks and what's in them. If people can't see the sig drinks until they get to the bar, they'll fumble around reading the descriptions and then trying to decide if they should waiver from their trusty standby order. Having the descriptions visible from a few spots back will let them decide before it's their turn to order.
    *********************************************************************************

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2017
    As someone who has worked a lot of weddings.  Guests just do not care about cute signature drinks names.    To be honest it cute signature names just becomes annoying because no one knows what the cute name means so they have to ask the staff what's in the drink anyway or some just skip it altogether.

Stick to the basics.      

Your first drink is a Cranberry Gin Fizz.    The second Bailey's Irish Coffee.    Simple and most people understand what in the drinks.  And honestly, that is all the guests care about.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • There are good points above, but I don't mind cute names (put the ingredients in slightly smaller font below the name).
    Did you want Christmas theme names or wedding/love theme names?

I'm not really creative so the only thing that came to mind for the first, with gin, is "Jingle Bells" or "Jingle Juice." For the coffee drink, something like "Naughty Coffee" as a play on naughty/nice lists. 

• As the posters stated above - skip the cutesy names, have "Signature Drinks" signs large enough with the ingredients for people to read in line so you can keep the lines moving instead of bartenders having to explain to everyone what's in these drinks or people getting up to the front and having to rethink their original order.  Bonus points if you have a Signature MOCKtail drink (i.e. non-alcohol mixer)...  

The reason the ingredients is important is some people are allergic to particular ingredients/alcohols which happens more than you think - especially for those with an allergy to the aging barrels or the base ingredients used to create the particular alcohol - especially those with Celiac's!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    MesmrEwe said:
    As the posters stated above - skip the cutesy names, have "Signature Drinks" signs large enough with the ingredients for people to read in line so you can keep the lines moving instead of bartenders having to explain to everyone what's in these drinks or people getting up to the front and having to rethink their original order.  Bonus points if you have a Signature MOCKtail drink (i.e. non-alcohol mixer)...  

The reason the ingredients is important is some people are allergic to particular ingredients/alcohols which happens more than you think - especially for those with an allergy to the aging barrels or the base ingredients used to create the particular alcohol - especially those with Celiac's!

Not only that, but different types of alcohol can affect people poorly.

For example, my H gets sick and has a bad reaction to any amount of vodka.  But can drink any other type of alcohol just fine.  I've also heard stories like that from a lot of people, it's just not always vodka.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MesmrEwe said:
    As the posters stated above - skip the cutesy names, have "Signature Drinks" signs large enough with the ingredients for people to read in line so you can keep the lines moving instead of bartenders having to explain to everyone what's in these drinks or people getting up to the front and having to rethink their original order.  Bonus points if you have a Signature MOCKtail drink (i.e. non-alcohol mixer)...  

Not only that, but different types of alcohol can affect people poorly.

For example, my H gets sick and has a bad reaction to any amount of vodka.  But can drink any other type of alcohol just fine.  I've also heard stories like that from a lot of people, it's just not always vodka.

I love what my friend says "I'm allergic to alcohol - I break out in Handcuffs!"..  I had a friend in college he could have white tequilla (drink everyone else under the table) but gold sends him into migraines and light sensitivity even from a single shot for several days while it metabolizes out of his body.