Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

Last one of the year.  ;) 

What's on tap for the weekend/New Year?

Today I think I'm going to take the lights and ornaments off our tree and take down all our Christmas decorations.  

Tomorrow, no idea. Maybe some shopping?  

Sunday, DH's step-grandma will be in town.  We're going to dinner with her and then I don't know.  DefConn's going to my parent's house for the night. 

Monday, going to my parent's for our traditional New Year's Day Mexican feast.  ;) 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Working today, but hopefully sneaking out early. 

No big plans for us; the Bills are playing for a (potential) playoff spot for the first time in 18 years, so we're going to watch it with a bunch of friends, then (hopefully, fingers crossed) be celebrating with the entire city. Or crying. One of the two. 

We're also going to buy Christmas presents for the cat and dog tonight. They don't understand it's a week late. 
  • I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  Or should I say the messy side.  H has been home all week - literally since last Friday and in that time frame has done one load of laundry.  I have a client meeting today, I couldn't find anything to wear, the house is just gross and frustrating and when I said something his response was "we've been really busy, we've had plans every night this week."  Yes, H, I know, I've been on all those plans with you - and worked all day before.  

But yay, tonight is my best friends family Christmas which is always fun!  Tomorrow I have a glorious day of nothing planned.  Its seriously the first time in 2 weeks that I'll spend more than 2 awake hours at home.  We have dinner reservations in Ann Arbor with friends for NYE and then we'll bar hop!

Tuesday, I took the morning off to help H file all of his official paperwork to run for office.  Woohoo!  We're almost official (and going to have a serious talk about hiring a regular housekeeper at this rate).

• I’m off today but I’m pretty tired. I have work tomorrow and Sunday, so I have to clean the house and run a bunch of errands. I just don’t feel motivated at all. 

Sunday I’m working and then SO, SO’s Sister, and her BF are going out to downtown for NYE. I’m going to need all of the coffee. 

• We're taking our tree down today too.  :(  And cleaning the house, which I said I was going to do for the past week.  Yoda goes to Mom and Dad's house today, so we need to get him packed up, and then pack ourselves.  Ugh.  I have no desire to get off the couch at all again today.  Gotta love vacation days

• Today was a bust. I tried to order things from ikea but was disappointed with their “we’ll call you with 48 hours to confirm” temporary confirmation. So DH and I braved the after Xmas sales to go there and pick the things up, but the pieces we need were too big to fit in out car so we waited forever to ask about delivery but it won’t be any earlier than online. My need instant gratification is sad. 

Luckily, season 4 of black mirror is out so we are settled in for a night of that. Maybe tomorrow will be more satisfactory 
  • i'm going to a friend's house tonight for a moms' game night - which means lots of food, drinks, and fun. friend that's hosting has pretty much every set of cards against humanity ever printed. she also got a new game called "never have i ever" - which was hilarious over thanksgiving, as we had the 7.5yo daughter of one of the ladies reading the cards - and they were pretty risque. 
  • We have been very stressed about a large, hard mass in my abdomen.  Yesterday, we were told that it isn't another tumor, but harmless skin tissue growth.  Weird.  I was sure I was going to have more surgery, so Yay!
    New chemo started Wednesday.  My hair is starting to grow back.  Another Yay!  Those wigs are so scratchy!  It will be a few months before I can do without them.
    Our Caribbean cruise was peaceful and relaxing.  Perfect weather.  We saw some hurricane damage in Puerto Rico and in St. Thomas, but not in the other islands.  Two weeks of not planning meals or doing laundry was wonderful!  We were upgraded to a suite, and I spent time on the balcony reading and looking at the turquoise water.  DH had a wonderful time, too.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:

Our Caribbean cruise was peaceful and relaxing.  Perfect weather.  We saw some hurricane damage in Puerto Rico and in St. Thomas, but not in the other islands.  Two weeks of not planning meals or doing laundry was wonderful!  We were upgraded to a suite, and I spent time on the balcony reading and looking at the turquoise water.  DH had a wonderful time, too.
    that sounds so awesome! what line do you prefer?
    we did a Christmas cruise last year and the best part was not having to worry about cooking/cleaning the house/etc. for the holidays. We're talking about doing it again next year.
    also glad that the chemo is going well, and that the new mass is nothing to worry about.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    We usually sail on Princess or Holland America, but remember that we are old fogies.  The HAL cruise was full of very senior citizens.  HAL has great food, but shows and local shore information are not so good.  Their cabins are slightly larger, and have full bathrooms unless you book a cheap inside one.  DH is a huge fan of the Lido buffet, which is more upscale than Princess.
    Princess has great desserts!  Yum!  Their showers and bathrooms are TINY, but otherwise very comfortable.  Shows are very good.  They are annoyingly aggressive with their sales presentations - art, spa treatments, jewelry.  (Never buy anything on the ship!)  Princess features a huge outdoor move screen, sort of like an old fashioned drive in movie without the car.  You can lay out by the pool and watch a movie.
    For younger couples and families, my travel agent usually recommends Princess or Royal Caribbean.  RC has nursery care available for toddlers, which is why we are sailing with them next summer.  My 2 year old grandson will make use of it!  Most  cruise lines don't have anything for kids under the age of 3.
    December cruises (before Christmas break) are usually bargain priced.  Ours was $1200 per person for a 14 day cruise in a suite cabin!  Unbelievable!  They were trying to fill up the ship after so many people cancelled after the hurricanes.  They still had many empty cabins.  I doubt if we will see this kind of value again.  Often, the older ships will give you the best value.  I'm not a fan of the huge RCCL megaships.  Too much walking.  Just give me a comfortable cabin, great food, and good service.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain - we've only sailed RCCL, and have been happy with the experience. the nursery is nice, and our daughter (7) likes the kids' club - so it's nice to get a break each night. (we feel bad ditching her there all of the time, so will send her after dinner unless we know she'd enjoy the show. We've been on most of their ships except for the 2 biggest/newest classes. if we did one of those, i'd want to do a repositioning or transatlantic because otherwise i'd feel like I didn't get to experience all of the stuff onboard.

we used to do the early December cruises before Wolverine hit public school - you're right, prices were a bargain for those 2-3 weeks. Christmas last year was more - but unfortunately we're limited by school calendar. :-(

I've heard good things about Princess and Holland America - my parents and ILs have both done Princess before. We did a river cruise with the ILs about 9-10 years ago, and I get what you're saying re:ships being targeted more at seniors. That was the river cruise 100%. It was really nice, but the pace was a little slow for us, and we were the youngest people on the boat by at least 20-30 years. (we were 24/25ish when we went). Everyone thought we were siblings, on a family trip. Definitely something we'll do again, but probably not until we're in the target demographic.
  • I saw this on Friday, @CMGragain, and I wanted to post but my phone wouldn't allow.  Yay for that prognosis.  You must feel a lot better going into the new year now.  Glad the cruise was so great.  Next up for us is Holland America actually on the West Coast :)