Wedding Woes
Options

Keep saying 'no' and your H should never tell his sister anything again.

2»

Re: Keep saying 'no' and your H should never tell his sister anything again.

• Options
    baconsmom said:
    This is like that time someone on a parenting board advised you keep your kid in a booster seat till they're 5 feet tall

I asked if I should get one for driving. I mean, I'm barely 5 feet, so....
    Some carseat laws are good, but I swear I wouldn't have left a booster until I was a teenager if that was the case :')
    I'm 5'1" ish {might be 1/2 because some days I'm closer to 5'2" other days I'm closer to 5'1" lol}
    I laugh at this because I know some adults that are barely 5’ whereas I hit that height at 10 years old. 
    I'm guessing you're either over 6ft now or did a lot of growing when you were younger.
    My friend is 6'3" and she was 5ft at 8yrs old I believe. She grew really quick and she ended up being tall lol

In jr. high, everyone around me was having growth spurts.

I'm still waiting for mine, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    baconsmom said:
    This is like that time someone on a parenting board advised you keep your kid in a booster seat till they're 5 feet tall

Some carseat laws are good, but I swear I wouldn't have left a booster until I was a teenager if that was the case :')
    I'm 5'1" ish {might be 1/2 because some days I'm closer to 5'2" other days I'm closer to 5'1" lol}
    I laugh at this because I know some adults that are barely 5’ whereas I hit that height at 10 years old. 
    I'm guessing you're either over 6ft now or did a lot of growing when you were younger.
    My friend is 6'3" and she was 5ft at 8yrs old I believe. She grew really quick and she ended up being tall lol
    Both, I’m 6’. I also grew a lot betwen 10 and 13. 
    That's what I figured :) Must be the Canadian water ;) SFIL is 6'7" lol

Two of my friends are tall, one did most of her growing too young and the other was more gradual. Both are like between 6'1" - 6'3"
  • Options
    baconsmom said:

Two of my friends are tall, one did most of her growing too young and the other was more gradual. Both are like between 6'1" - 6'3"
    My “shortest” friend is 5’6”. We make fun of her all the time. 
  • Options
    baconsmom said:

My “shortest” friend is 5’6”. We make fun of her all the time. 
    lololol! That's hilarious and awful! :')
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    baconsmom said:
    This is like that time someone on a parenting board advised you keep your kid in a booster seat till they're 5 feet tall. 

Oof. I hate this stuff. My six-month-old already strains up against the bucket seats when I put her in because she doesn't like laying down. We won't be doing extended rear facing, that's for sure!
    That's not really comparable.   Rear facing is about the safety of the child due to the bones in the baby.   Baby can outgrow the bucket seat  but you can rear face in a convertible car seat.   At that young of an age you're more likely to die from a neck injury.  You can safely rear face for years - more and more states are requiring it until baby is at least 2.

That's far different from bones that have grown and hardened in an older child or small adult. 
    Yea, I've heard this. I personally am going to take my child happy over her crying the entire trip from rear facing after she's over the rear facing requirements. 
    This comment is inspiring. My kid loves playing with electrical outlets and cries when I don't let him. From now on, I'm going to let him play with outlets if it makes him happy because parenting is more about happy kids than keeping them safe, amirite?
    Oh brother. This is is entirely different. Give him a different toy and he'll be fine. 

Go ahead, report me to CPS for following the guidelines on the car seat. 

I'm done with this thread. 
    Obviously no one knows who you are to report you to CPS, so all drama aside, I think you'll keep custody of your kid...

But idk why anyone would do something that is puts their kid at a much higher risk of literally dying just because it makes them stop crying. The role of a parent is to keep the kid safe first, happy second. 
    This.  

Chiquito screamed all the time in his bucket seat.   He outgrew that and then we put him in a rear facing convertible where he was MUCH happier.   Only now at nearly 3.5 are we talking about turning him and that's because he's turning into a jerk using his legs to push him around so he can try to unclip.  

• Options
    banana468 said:
    Obviously no one knows who you are to report you to CPS, so all drama aside, I think you'll keep custody of your kid...

But idk why anyone would do something that is puts their kid at a much higher risk of literally dying just because it makes them stop crying. The role of a parent is to keep the kid safe first, happy second. 
    This.  

Chiquito screamed all the time in his bucket seat.   He outgrew that and then we put him in a rear facing convertible where he was MUCH happier.   Only now at nearly 3.5 are we talking about turning him and that's because he's turning into a jerk using his legs to push him around so he can try to unclip.
    Bad Chiquito!! :O