Wedding Woes

Ugh, Wednesday

The kiddo and I are officially under the weather.  He's worse off than me and I'm taking him to the doc here in a few.   I feel like I just have a cold.  Just some chest congestion, little bit of a sore throat, and general blah feeling.  

I need to find the energy to clean my dirty ass kitchen.  Other than that, I'm one with the couch and netflix today. 

Re: Ugh, Wednesday

• @mrsconn23 boo sick :( Forget the kitchen today, you both need rest <3

M ended up going to a hockey game with his mum :) I picked up myself some dinner {KFC popcorn chicken bowl!!} and watched youtube vids most of the night lol

I'm pretty stuffy today. I've been stuffy for a few days and using my sinex, but I swear it's so gross when I blow my nose. Pregnancy and sinus crap are horrible mix.

I did take an updated bump picture. Idk why it looked a little smaller last night vs time before ... must be just how baby is/was sitting. Or maybe just more rounded than last time.

Tonight is not a lot. I may throw a load of laundry in, but that's about it.
  • I'm also sick, sore throat that is getting progressively worse and a slight stuffy nose. Baby B has it a lot worse, his cough sounds terrible and he has a runny nose nonstop. But then again he's had a cold like 85% of the time since he started daycare almost a year ago.

Went to a chiropractor for the first time in forever last night. Got a groupon deal for a place near my work. I liked the guy and I hope it will help. My back is jacked up from lugging around a kid.

Finally glad we have a warming trend today and tomorrow but I think it is going to be rainy so can't really enjoy it. Plus it is dark when I get home. Why is it that whenever we do have a warm day or two I'm either sick or it is rainy so I can't get outside and enjoy it with a run or walk. 
  • @kvruns boo sick, yay chiro! Hopefully it helps :) RMT is also really good for back problems. If you can find a chiro that does RMT also, you're golden {my boss sees chiro who does both and apparently he is a god send!}
  • RMT as in massage therapy or something else? 
  • kvruns said:
    RMT as in massage therapy or something else? 
    Registered Massage Therapy. More intense and they can focus on certain spots you're having issues with.
  • I'm still fighting congestion too but other then that feeling better. Hope the rest of you feel better soon.

I'm trying to replace my workout shoes and my faves have been "updated". I hate it when they change shoes. I've found two in my size on amazon so bought those but nada elsewhere. I'd stock up on more if I could find them. I've tried zappos and 6pm, any other suggestions?
  • I'm still fighting congestion too but other then that feeling better. Hope the rest of you feel better soon.

I'm trying to replace my workout shoes and my faves have been "updated". I hate it when they change shoes. I've found two in my size on amazon so bought those but nada elsewhere. I'd stock up on more if I could find them. I've tried zappos and 6pm, any other suggestions?
    What shoe is it? Mine are specifically running shoes so I check out sites like RunningWarehouse, Road Runner Sports, Kelly's Running warehouse, Dick's Sporting Goods, the brand site, and sometimes just a good ole google search for the shoe will find more sites. 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic ebay may have them as well (brand new). Usually Amazon is my last resort when I'm looking for prior generation running shoes. I would also try googling the shoe brand, style and size and see if anything comes up. I've had luck finding shoes that way as well
  • @mrsconn23 and @kvruns, I hope you both start feeling better!

@MissKittyDanger, I had KFC last night also, lol!  Though it was leftovers in the fridge from a previous visit.  I actually like their chicken, even better, cold.  Can't say that about anyone else's fried chicken, though.

I've been so busy this week at work that it especially feels like Thursday.  More than usual, lol.  I keep having to remind myself that it is Wed.

My good mood from yesterday is continuing into today.  I'm "bopping along, singing my song", lol.

Nothing of note, other than the usual, going on.  I did get a Happy New Year text from my real estate agent.  We hadn't corresponded in a long time because I haven't been in the market.  But she's great and it was nice to hear from her.  I told her, for the time being, we're not looking for any more rentals.  But will be shopping for our first fix 'n flip in about another two months.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • glad all you sick people are not near me! I hate this time of the year! Get well soon, guys.

I hate when products change too, @ilovebeachmusic.  It's like, why fix it when it's not broke? at least one person liked it the way it was.  THIS person.

I had a doc appt this morning.  I have to go back for more blood work next week before she gives me clearance for surgery.  I'm really nervous that she's going to put a stop to it :(

@short+sassy, have fun with your fix 'n flip.  Are you addicted to HGTV too?

• @short+sassy  I'm torn about their left over chicken. I think it depends on when you get it during the day .... if it's pretty fresh when you get originally, good as left over. If it's been sitting there for awhile, it tends to be just blegh.
    Have you tried the $5 fill-up bowls? I'm legit addicted to the popcorn chicken one lmao
  • KFC is my guilty pleasure I rarely get but do like. I had it recently and was sad they no longer have the $5 box with popcorn chicken. I don't want the bowl, but I like the box since you get more than if you just got a combo. 
  • @kvruns M and I both love popcorn chicken, but KFC doesn't agree with him. So the bowl is perfect for just me {sometimes I order an extra little bit of popcorn chicken to toss in lmao!}
  • @short+sassy  I'm torn about their left over chicken. I think it depends on when you get it during the day .... if it's pretty fresh when you get originally, good as left over. If it's been sitting there for awhile, it tends to be just blegh.
    Have you tried the $5 fill-up bowls? I'm legit addicted to the popcorn chicken one lmao
    oh yeah, cold fried chicken and cold pizza FTW! for sure! Does depend on the pizza too. 

oh yeah, cold fried chicken and cold pizza FTW! for sure! Does depend on the pizza too. 
    YES! COLD PIZZA!! 100% depends on the crust though. I rarely reheat anything, so I'm so picky on what I eat as leftovers lmao
    YES! COLD PIZZA!! 100% depends on the crust though. I rarely reheat anything, so I'm so picky on what I eat as leftovers lmao
    The best way to warm up Chinese food is in a wok or frying pan too.  Don't nuke it.  It's not the same.  Poor all the leftovers for a hodgepodge and you'll be thanking me later.

The best way to warm up Chinese food is in a wok or frying pan too.  Don't nuke it.  It's not the same.  Poor all the leftovers for a hodgepodge and you'll be thanking me later.
    We rarely have leftover chinese food, but I shall try that next time :) Now I want some just to try it lmao
  • Stomach virus hit me on Monday night.  I left work about 30 minutes early.  H was well enough to take care of DD.  But as soon as he got her to bed, it was his turn.  So there was grossness abound in our house.  We are both still home, but will be back to work tomorrow.

Not much else here.
  • Not much today; it's finally starting to warm up here so that's good. And it's sunny so I'll take it. 

H is still sick, but went in to work today. I'm not feeling hot but hoping I don't get what he had. He had no voice when I came home last night. 

Having lunch with my Mom this afternoon, so that should be nice. Other than that SSDD. Everyone is still super sad here so it's kind of a down week. 
  • The best way to warm up Chinese food is in a wok or frying pan too.  Don't nuke it.  It's not the same.  Poor all the leftovers for a hodgepodge and you'll be thanking me later.
    We rarely have leftover chinese food, but I shall try that next time :) Now I want some just to try it lmao
    My brother and I were roommates once, and I told him how to do it like that. He LOVED it. Said he was going to order the Chinese food, NOT eat it, and then warm it up the next day just to do it like that.  It's a real story I made up.

• Stomach virus hit me on Monday night.  I left work about 30 minutes early.  H was well enough to take care of DD.  But as soon as he got her to bed, it was his turn.  So there was grossness abound in our house.  We are both still home, but will be back to work tomorrow.

Not much else here.
    Ugh, hope you all feel better! 

Hope DD doesn't get it!
  • I had a breakfast meeting this morning and Max has a doctor's appointment this afternoon.  Tonight is gymnastics and basketball.  I had a mimosa at breakfast and now want a nap.

We are supposed to go to SIL's grandma's funeral Friday.  The weather looks like crap though.  Rain turning to freezing rain to snow.  Reports are anywhere from 2"-22".  The funeral is an hour away.  Dh now wants to go to the viewing Thursday night.  

The bitch in me thinks "let's say we're going Friday, but if the weather sucks oh well." I liked the grandma a lot actually, but man SIL is insufferable.  DH really wants to be there for his brother though.  I'm going to tell him to go alone Thursday night then.

Our New Year's tradition has become Chinese for the grownups and KFC for the kids. They hate Chinese and KFC is in the same parking lot.  
  • I hope everyone gets better!

My day is off to a blah start too. Gray, cold day outside. Still waiting to hear from recruiters who "always follow up." 
  • DH got a Peloton bike and I'm already obsessed.  I took a 45 minute class Monday night, and a 30 minute class yesterday on my lunch break.  I like that I can do it in the evenings after our son is asleep since DH often has evening meetings.  I hope I get used to the seat soon though, because even with the super sexy padded shorts, it's a bit tender.

We also signed up for "Hunt a Killer."  It's a monthly subscription box where you get clues to solve a murder.  It's supposed to be similar to the concept of Escape Rooms.  The storylines are done by mystery/thriller writers or something.  I'm excited to try the first one tonight. . . . best takeout burgers in town/wine/hunting serial killers from the warmth and comfort of my own house?  Yes please!

• kaos16 said:

DH got a Peloton bike and I'm already obsessed.  I took a 45 minute class Monday night, and a 30 minute class yesterday on my lunch break.  I like that I can do it in the evenings after our son is asleep since DH often has evening meetings.  I hope I get used to the seat soon though, because even with the super sexy padded shorts, it's a bit tender.

We also signed up for "Hunt a Killer."  It's a monthly subscription box where you get clues to solve a murder.  It's supposed to be similar to the concept of Escape Rooms.  The storylines are done by mystery/thriller writers or something.  I'm excited to try the first one tonight. . . . best takeout burgers in town/wine/hunting serial killers from the warmth and comfort of my own house?  Yes please!

OMG I want one! Thanks for the good review.  I really want to replace my stationary bike in my gym!  I'd rather put $1,995 into a one time purchase for equipment than spend $1,200 ish a year for a gym membership I probably wouldn't use.

• Side story- I mentioned a woman a few doors down runs a daycare.  We are at the same bus stop.  The bus used to pick up on the other side of the street.  There are 10 kids that get on at this stop.  Her 5th grade son and one of her 2nd grade daycare kids.  Every parent but her goes to the bus stop.  It's actually a rule a parent is supposed to be with a kid until 5th grade.

I've had a few run ins with the daycare kid acting like a fool- repeatedly running into a street sign to try to knock it over, sitting on the curb where the bus driver wouldn't pull up to the stop, last year his sister and him would get into and a parent would step in. 

Then the route changed and now the kids get in on the other side of the street.  The rest of the parents have stayed on this side out of habit.  There is no reason for her kids to even cross the street.  Daycare kid still crosses the street for some reason. In the last few months the issues have been hitting 6let with his umbrella (on purpose), purposely running head first into 6let a few times and knocking him over once.  Several times he's come running out of the house and straight across the street without looking.  Parents have called to him a few times to stop.

This morning the kid came flying out of the house and straight across the road.  He slipped fell, scraped his hands, landed on his back, and smacked his head.  I checked on him, but the provider never came out.

I'm feeling salty and want to say something, but I have no idea what.  I'm also quite possibly overreacting so won't end up saying anything.  What could I say "Get off your ass and watch the kids you're being paid to watch?"  

I also think if I was a parent of that child I'd be mad he was unsupervised crossing the street and waiting at the bus stop.  More than once he's been the only kid or adult out there.  What do I know though.
  • glad all you sick people are not near me! I hate this time of the year! Get well soon, guys.

I hate when products change too, @ilovebeachmusic.  It's like, why fix it when it's not broke? at least one person liked it the way it was.  THIS person.

I had a doc appt this morning.  I have to go back for more blood work next week before she gives me clearance for surgery.  I'm really nervous that she's going to put a stop to it :(

@short+sassy, have fun with your fix 'n flip.  Are you addicted to HGTV too?

Not as much as I used to be.  There is nothing I currently tape, except Fixer Upper.  But this is the last season.

Property Virgins...with the original hostess (Sandra Rinomato)...was on the air when I was buying my first house.  Never missed an episode!  A big and important takeaway I got from her advice was to keep in mind that the footprint and location of the house are really the only things you can't change.  Anything else, can be adapted to your own taste.  As in, don't spend spend more for House A because you don't like X about House B.  When X can be fixed/updated for substantially less money anyway.

A funny tidbit on that.  She is based in Toronto and, although she had episodes in other places, most of them were in that city.  I learned so much about the Toronto real estate market, lol.  It got to the point where she would mention the area of Toronto and details of the house...and I would nail the comps for it, lol.

Income Property was airing at that time, which was another episode I never missed because I was looking for a personal home that had at least two residences.  Plus I have a huge crush on the host, Scott, lol.  However, that show moved to the DIY network a few years ago and I don't get that channel.

I was never a fan of House Hunters.  House Hunters Int'l is a little more interesting, but I rarely watch it.

Property Brothers is okay.  I'll catch it sometimes if it's on.

I do like Fixer Upper.  The couple (Gaines) on it actually seem like it is their true personalities, instead of faked personas.  I like them.

Speaking of the fakest personas I have ever seen.  I couldn't abide to watch the Flip or Flop show with Tarek and Christina as the hosts.  They made my skin crawl, they were so over the top.  But their show crashed when their relationship did.  I watched a few episodes of Flip or Flop: Atlanta and there is another one in Nashville that started this month.  I'll check those out. 

I liked the first few episodes of Love It or List It.  But, OMG, that is one of the most formulaic shows I have ever seen.  Considering all the shows on HGTV are pretty formulaic too some extent, it's saying something that they take the cake on that, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no idea how you get along with the woman who runs the daycare but at this point I'd consider reporting her to the state.   Parents are trusting her with their children and they're trusting that she follow rules.   No one is enforcing them and therefore children's lives are at risk.

DD gets the bus at the daycare.   I happen to be there often when the bus comes as it's close to our assigned drop off time.   There is always someone with the kids getting on and off the bus AT the stop.   If there wasn't I'd raise a stink.   I'm not normally a stink raiser but in this case I'd be on my phone.
  • banana468 said:
    I have no idea how you get along with the woman who runs the daycare but at this point I'd consider reporting her to the state.   Parents are trusting her with their children and they're trusting that she follow rules.   No one is enforcing them and therefore children's lives are at risk.

DD gets the bus at the daycare.   I happen to be there often when the bus comes as it's close to our assigned drop off time.   There is always someone with the kids getting on and off the bus AT the stop.   If there wasn't I'd raise a stink.   I'm not normally a stink raiser but in this case I'd be on my phone.
    She’s not licensed. Last summer she would be at the pool with 3 daycare kids and her 2.  She’d drive there and back. I don’t know how she did this safely in a sedan. I would have loved to see it in person because I would have  called the sheriff.  I never saw anything though. It was just an assumption. 
  • kvruns said:
    KFC is my guilty pleasure I rarely get but do like. I had it recently and was sad they no longer have the $5 box with popcorn chicken. I don't want the bowl, but I like the box since you get more than if you just got a combo. 

Me too!  It is one of my all-time favorite foods.  I forcibly control myself to only buy it every 2-3 months.  Though, I usually get one of the "bucket" specials and then have enough for a few meals.

There used to be one that was walking distance to my job.  That was bad, lol!  But a couple years ago they closed that one and another that was "sort of" near my house.  Now it is at least a 20-minute drive (one way) for me to get to one, in areas I rarely frequent.  That helps with the self control, lol.

Now Popeye's on the other hand, geez.  The chain was founded here and you can practically throw a rock anywhere in town and hit one, lol.  I like their spicy chicken, but not nearly as much as I like the KFC Original, so I rarely crave it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker