Wedding Woes
Options

Ugh, Wednesday

2»

Re: Ugh, Wednesday

• Options
    6fsn said:
    banana468 said:
    I have no idea how you get along with the woman who runs the daycare but at this point I'd consider reporting her to the state.   Parents are trusting her with their children and they're trusting that she follow rules.   No one is enforcing them and therefore children's lives are at risk.

DD gets the bus at the daycare.   I happen to be there often when the bus comes as it's close to our assigned drop off time.   There is always someone with the kids getting on and off the bus AT the stop.   If there wasn't I'd raise a stink.   I'm not normally a stink raiser but in this case I'd be on my phone.
    She’s not licensed. Last summer she would be at the pool with 3 daycare kids and her 2.  She’d drive there and back. I don’t know how she did this safely in a sedan. I would have loved to see it in person because I would have  called the sheriff.  I never saw anything though. It was just an assumption. 
    Can you call the school or bus company then?   If someone needs to be with the kids getting on the bus is she there when they get off?   
  • Options
    @6fsn Is there anyone you can call? If you want to confront her, maybe start with the fact adults should be with the kids.
    Is this kid hers, or daycare kid? {the one causing issues} If it's hers, maybe start off with the issues he's created with your kid?
  • Options
    I've only had Popeye's once but it didn't do anything for me. I'd heard great things about it but it was eh for me. Granted I don't like any chicken with a bone in it, so I only do popcorn chicken or tenders at those places. 
  • Options
    I tried Popeye's once and I'm not big on spicy .... their cornbread is good though :)
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I've only had Popeye's once but it didn't do anything for me. I'd heard great things about it but it was eh for me. Granted I don't like any chicken with a bone in it, so I only do popcorn chicken or tenders at those places. 

Most people around here RAVE about Popeye's, but then they're pretty biased, lol.

They used to have an item called Naked Tenders.  Which were chicken strips, without the breading.  They were cooked in a blackened style and the outside was loaded with flavor and seasonings.  Fairly healthy for fast food and utterly DELICIOUS.

They even had it in their stores for a few years, so it wasn't just a promotional item, but then it disappeared one day :(.  I'm not sure why.  It was nice to have a choice that didn't fall into the "typical" fast food arena. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly don't know that I care enough about daycare person to do anything. Ive told 6let to stay away. 

Im not a fan of Popeyes, but could eat Canes 3 times a week. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2018
    sorry, it double posted for some reason!

• Options
    I'm KFC over Popeye's too but we also have a Brown's Chicken which I ate at once and really enjoyed.  When i do fast food I rarely do chicken though.  I'm all for taco hell or portillo's or culvers.

• Options
    @6fsn - is it possible she is watching other kids in the house while these two are waiting for the bus?

Not to be all "I walked uphill both ways in the snow" or whatever, but I was waiting for the bus by myself (along with all the other kids in my neighborhood) from when I was in 2nd grade. And the stop was about a 1/4 mile from my house. When you say this is a "rule", whose rule is it? Like a school rule? Or an actual law? What are working parents supposed to do?

H's and my work situation would not allow for one of us to wait at the bus stop with our kid every day. I'm out the door by 7:30 and the elementary school bus doesn't come until like 8:30. If my kids are mature enough (by 3rd or 4th grade), I would have no problem leaving them home for an hour and letting them get to the bus by themselves. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @6fsn - is it possible she is watching other kids in the house while these two are waiting for the bus?

Not to be all "I walked uphill both ways in the snow" or whatever, but I was waiting for the bus by myself (along with all the other kids in my neighborhood) from when I was in 2nd grade. And the stop was about a 1/4 mile from my house. When you say this is a "rule", whose rule is it? Like a school rule? Or an actual law? What are working parents supposed to do?

H's and my work situation would not allow for one of us to wait at the bus stop with our kid every day. I'm out the door by 7:30 and the elementary school bus doesn't come until like 8:30. If my kids are mature enough (by 3rd or 4th grade), I would have no problem leaving them home for an hour and letting them get to the bus by themselves. 
    You may want to double check the statue in your area for how old a kid can be to be left alone.   I believe in this state it's 12 which is absurd IMO.   
  • Options
    banana468 said:

You may want to double check the statue in your area for how old a kid can be to be left alone.   I believe in this state it's 12 which is absurd IMO.   
    I could be wrong but my understanding is there are only three states with actual LAWS (Illinois, Maryland, and Oregon) and the rest have guidelines or suggested ages (most of the time 10 or 12). 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I hate Ohio (sorry anyone from or in the Buckeye state). 

When we bought the house we put it solely in my name, and my name is the only one of the mortgage because I had a higher credit score, my student loans were consolidated, and at the time H's weren't so they couldn't adequately predict his monthly payment. Add I made more money. So it's all in my name because it was easier. When we bought it, he had to sign away his dower rights. 

So now that we're selling, he has to sign them away again! I think it’s ridiculous  
  • Options
      @southernbellle09151 It's a school rule a parent is supposed to be at the bus stop up to 5th grade. Working parents either adjust their schedule or they pay someone to put their kid on the bus. This woman is getting paid to put kids on the bus. It's actually one of her marketing things.

When people have little kids they take them to the bus stop too.  

She could actually have the child wait on her side of the street in her drive and avoid an issue. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, that is seriously lame!

• Options
    @charlotte989875 that seems weird. Like you need your spouse's permission to sell a house he doesn't own and for which you've assumed all the debt/risk?

When we bought our house, we made it so that the loan was under just DH's name, but we're both on the title. We did that so that if another financial crisis hits and we both lose our jobs (or some crazy unforeseen thing) that only his credit is ruined and we can still rely on mine. Also it was just smart to buy a house on one income. But for that reason, we'd both have to agree to sell the house even though he's the only one on the loan.
    Yup, exactly. 

He's not on the title or the deed (in that case we would both own the house); these are just his rights to the house that I own. Stupid patriarchy. 
  • Options
    Breezing through as it's been a hectic day/week, but @charlotte989875 that is so fucking bullshit that your H has to sign off on a house that's not his. WTF, Ohio?!

Hope all those feeling under the weather get well soon! 
  • Options
    kaos16 said:

DH got a Peloton bike and I'm already obsessed.  I took a 45 minute class Monday night, and a 30 minute class yesterday on my lunch break.  I like that I can do it in the evenings after our son is asleep since DH often has evening meetings.  I hope I get used to the seat soon though, because even with the super sexy padded shorts, it's a bit tender.

We also signed up for "Hunt a Killer."  It's a monthly subscription box where you get clues to solve a murder.  It's supposed to be similar to the concept of Escape Rooms.  The storylines are done by mystery/thriller writers or something.  I'm excited to try the first one tonight. . . . best takeout burgers in town/wine/hunting serial killers from the warmth and comfort of my own house?  Yes please!

OMG I want one! Thanks for the good review.  I really want to replace my stationary bike in my gym!  I'd rather put $1,995 into a one time purchase for equipment than spend $1,200 ish a year for a gym membership I probably wouldn't use.

I believe they have no interest financing right now too.  The monthly membership is $39.  I think we are paying $110 a month.  For that price, both of us can take as many classes as we want as often as we want, and could add users too, if someone else wanted to use it.  I know that in my area to go to a spin class would be $20-$25 per class.  I feel like for our purposes, this will end up being a pretty cost effective purchase.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions for the shoe search all. No luck, though. They all were sold out in my size except for the ones I already ordered from Amazon. I hope these last until the next generation is released, and hopefully the next generation is similar to the old one. FWPs!

• Options
    6fsn said:
      @southernbellle09151 It's a school rule a parent is supposed to be at the bus stop up to 5th grade. Working parents either adjust their schedule or they pay someone to put their kid on the bus. This woman is getting paid to put kids on the bus. It's actually one of her marketing things.

When people have little kids they take them to the bus stop too.  

She could actually have the child wait on her side of the street in her drive and avoid an issue. 
    Well if you decide to say something, I would go at it like she "maybe didn't know about the rule but...."

On this note, but outside of the pseudo daycare provider and her poorly behaved children.....I would be so pissed if the school was trying to tell me how to parent my kid. What makes them the authority on what age my kid can wait alone at the bus stop? The STATE doesn't even go there. If I, as the parent, think my kid can stay home alone from 7:30-8:30 and catch the bus, that's what they're going to do. I'm not going to arrange for a daily babysitter from 7:30-8:30am. Just no.