Attire & Accessories Forum

Etsy and accessories

Just wondering how much faith to put into buying a veil off etsy. They are actually reasonably priced and have good reivews, but I'm not quite sure. 

Has anyone had experience with buying a veil/belt for the wedding off etsy??

Re: Etsy and accessories

• When you buy something that is on Etsy, you are not buying from Etsy.  You are buying from the seller who is using the Etsy site.  Just like Ebay.  There are some very good sellers, and there are some very bad ones.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Not Etsy, but check out Poshmark for veils, too. I found a David's Bridal veil that's gorgous, with tags, for $35, when it was originally $199.
  • I bought my veil off Etsy - very simple fingertip-length with a comb attached. PM me if you're interested in seller info. 
  • Ditto what previous poster said. It's important to read the reviews to ensure the seller has a good reputation. I purchased a birdcage veil from one Etsy seller and a bridal belt from a different Etsy seller and I was very happy with the quality of both items.
  • Yes all top e-commerce does not sell any products, different seller make seller account on that e-commerce site to sell own products, so u visit that and read feedback from customer's what they told about.

• Yes all top e-commerce does not sell any products, different seller make seller account on that e-commerce site to sell own products, so u visit that and read feedback from customer's what they told about.

Right. Because no sellers on the internet have faked feedback and reviews before. Always 100% legit. Thank you for explaining!
  • For what it's worth I've had some great experiences on Etsy; my sister in law just bought me a really cute sweater from a seller, and I just ordered another one from her I liked it so much. I think the key is to communicate with the seller, and judge the reviewers/communication carefully. And be willing to be out the money/item if it's not what you expected. 
  • For what it's worth I've had some great experiences on Etsy; my sister in law just bought me a really cute sweater from a seller, and I just ordered another one from her I liked it so much. I think the key is to communicate with the seller, and judge the reviewers/communication carefully. And be willing to be out the money/item if it's not what you expected. 
    This. My sister frequently buys from Etsy, and my husband bought me a (non-clothing) gift from Etsy this past Christmas. I have personal friends who sell through there. It's the same with eBay or really anything. 
  • I've bought several different items off Etsy from various sellers with good success. Always check out the reviews, particularly how the seller handles questions, shipping, and returns. Personally, I tend to buy from more local buyers to me (Canada and US).
  • I'm an Etsy shop owner and I also buy lots of items from Etsy. There are lots of good sellers, and it would also be extremely difficult to fake many good reviews, because of how reviews work.
  • I’ve made countless purchases on Etsy, and in the past few months alone have purchased my bridal jewelry, BM gifts, favors, and parents gifts from Etsy, all of which have been delivered on time and in perfect condition. Most of my past purchases have shipped from the US/Canada, but I’ve also ordered from overseas and had no issues, just plan on a little extra time for shipping. Reading the reviews is key, and typically I’ll reach out to the seller to confirm details prior to purchasing, which gives an added layer of security. If a seller is professional and responds quickly, that’s obviously a good sign. FWIW, Etsy does have some sort of satisfaction garuntee policy if there’s ever a case in which a product is not delivered, is broken and the seller won’t replace, etc. but I’ve never had to file a claim.