Wedding Woes

Friday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2018 in Wedding Woes
Not feeling better, actually feeling a little worse.  :/ We had to scuttle our trip to BIL/SIL's for my nephew's 2nd bday ( that was decided yesterday after I was diagnosed).  :(  

We had an ice storm last night and school is closed. DH is getting ready to head to work.  IDK how long I'll stay upright before I go back to bed.  :(

Re: Friday

• I'm sorry you are still feeling lousy! Do you have Monday (MLK Day) off? Hopefully, even if you only have a two-day weekend, you can get some rest and start feeling better. 

SSDD here. A day packed with meetings, and I am heading up a cool project that is really allowing me to use a lot of creative license, which I am psyched about! 

I do not have Monday off, but H does. We are going to try to up Babypants' oatmeal and veggie/fruit "solid" meal to twice a day this weekend, since she has been in the clean plate (bowl) club more consistently lately. Plus her appetite has increased tremendously lately (I'm thinking major growth spurt is in our future) so I think the additional solid meal will help her feel less hungry.
  • Dh was home this morning messing with my routine. The 5 yo knows not to mess with me when I'm working, but the 40 yo just doesn't get it 

I'm sporting jeans on the way to a funeral. Schools are dismissing at 2 today. We should have no issue getting back, but I set up my network just in case. 

This is weekend is completely up in the air dependent on the weather. 
  • The ice pellets and freezing rain are supposed to start at 11am. It was 14C (57F) when I left my house this morning. By the time I leave work at 4pm today, it's supposed to be -10C (14F) with the windchill and snowing. I'm glad I brought all my winter gear with me. 

Also, the public school board released a statement that they weren't closing the schools and to be careful. The Catholic school board never closes their schools for inclement weather so their kids are SOL anyway. 
  • I have so many feelings today (side note I am not usually one with a lot of feelings). We're closing on the house at 11, so yay. Everything on our end is signed, the buyers already scheduled the utilities in their name and all the lending documents are approved, so everything should be set. 

But.

The funeral is today; everyone is sad and it's going to be awful. The office is just sad. We went to the wake last night and it was terrible. I just feel so bad for my friend. 
  • Work today. I’m sick. Pretty sure I have the flu. I feel miserable. And my lymph nodes in my neck are huge. I look like the hulk. If I feel even worse by the end of the day I’ll have to call off tomorrow. I just feel so guilty. We are so short staffed already. 

• Daycare is closed since the local school system ended up closing. Not that I would have braved the icy roads with a baby anyway. My cold is worse so it is going to be a long 3 days taking care of a baby. 

on the bright side I have Monday off and daycare is open so hopefully I will be feeling better by then and can enjoy the day.  H's birthday is at the end of Jan and since we both have off for MLK I told him we should celebrate that day. But he's being all "it isn't my birthday yet why would we do that".  Uhhh because we have a baby and if you want to do anything this is your shot. 
  • @6fsn Urg I hate when someone messes with routine! I swear it throws me off for a few hours

@TrixieJess I'm 95% we live in the same area :| or at least about 45mins away from each other. lol

@charlotte989875 Feeling vibes <3

Last night we were out later than anticipated. At my nana's for awhile, then M had to stop at a buddy's place briefly. Stayed and chatted a bit.

Tonight we're dropping donation stuff and swinging by my mum's place. Her friend is over and has a question about her vape for M.

Downside about not being home right after work is that we're getting flash freezing today, so I've already warned him that he'll likely have to help me walk. He's salting when we get home, while I move stuff because WE GET BABY STUFF TOMORROWWWWW!!!

So I need to move everything away from the front door and the front hall shelving, just in case. Likely we'll just bring most of the stuff to the bedroom, but we'll see.
    Kinda works out, since I need to tidy up the mudroom area anyways.
  • @6fsn Urg I hate when someone messes with routine! I swear it throws me off for a few hours

@TrixieJess I'm 95% we live in the same area :| or at least about 45mins away from each other. lol

@charlotte989875 Feeling vibes <3

Last night we were out later than anticipated. At my nana's for awhile, then M had to stop at a buddy's place briefly. Stayed and chatted a bit.

Tonight we're dropping donation stuff and swinging by my mum's place. Her friend is over and has a question about her vape for M.

Downside about not being home right after work is that we're getting flash freezing today, so I've already warned him that he'll likely have to help me walk. He's salting when we get home, while I move stuff because WE GET BABY STUFF TOMORROWWWWW!!!

So I need to move everything away from the front door and the front hall shelving, just in case. Likely we'll just bring most of the stuff to the bedroom, but we'll see.
    Kinda works out, since I need to tidy up the mudroom area anyways.
    @MKD-I think you live in the suburbs of where I live, I live in the urban area :) If that's the case, your weather systems are way worse. 

@levioosa - Stay home and rest. The flu that's going around is not very nice. Don't feel guilty, you will feel worse if you pass out at work and become a patient. 
  • @TrixieJess Likely. Our buses aren't cancelled, just outside of the city ;) {that was my tip off fyi lol}
  • @levioosa Yikes :( yes you should call in. Sounds awful. Get rest and soup!
  • @TrixieJess Likely. Our buses aren't cancelled, just outside of the city ;) {that was my tip off fyi lol}
    To be fair, our school is a walking school so I personally don't think it's fair that school gets cancelled when the buses do. I also went to Catholic school that never cancelled school for bad weather and never had a snow day, so I'm a little bitter that my Public school kid will probably get at least 3 a year. 
  • Ugh, @levioosa.  I feel your pain, literally.   Call off.  I WFH and am not sure if I'm going to make it all day.  The flu is not fucking around this year.  :/
    To be fair, our school is a walking school so I personally don't think it's fair that school gets cancelled when the buses do. I also went to Catholic school that never cancelled school for bad weather and never had a snow day, so I'm a little bitter that my Public school kid will probably get at least 3 a year. 
    Yeh the school we've decided on is walking distance from our place, so our kid will have same deal lol
    We've decided once the kid is old enough to stay home alone, we may allow them to stay home sometimes. {*whine* buttt moooommmmmmm, alllllll my friends aren't gonna be there! I'll be alone!!! *whine whine whine*}
  • edited January 2018
    For anyone who is a Dr Who fan, you'll get this ....

I'm officially 19 weeks!!!

https://babysizer.com/geeky/19

Baby is size of an Adipose!
    {or gameboy if you're not familiar with them}
  • Ugh this ice storm! I should have early cancelled my pilates class yesterday but didn't because they are usually wrong about how bad the roads will be. Guess what? They were right this time. Now I either go on slick roads or pay without going to the class - that just grates me! I think they should make an exception when surrounding counties say not to drive unless necessary. 

Tomorrow we are going out to dinner at a Korean restaurant with a group of friends. I've never been to a Korean restaurant so I'm looking forward to this. It is a group of international friends that gets together every few months and tries different restaurants. H and I and one other couple are the old folks in the group. It is really a lot of fun.

Hope everyone who has the crud feels better soon. Have a good weekend! 
  • I would hope the pilates class would amend their cancellation policy for weather like this!
  • @mrsconn23 and @levioosa, my sympathies with you all!  I hope you all start feeling better asap.

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry it's such an emotional day for you.  Especially with the funeral and everyone at work is sad.  At least you have the closing to be a bright spot.  Did they get it figured out if you all need to bring any money to the table?

@MissKittyDanger, yay getting baby stuff!

@ILoveBeachMusic, if you all are fairly adventurous eaters anyway, I think you'll like Korean food.  I haven't been exposed to it enough in my lifetime, lol.  But I've always enjoyed it and found it flavorful, when I've had the opportunity.

Yesterday was more of a challenge than I expected but, overall, went well.  Toward the end of my drive to work, my oil light came on twice.  Once when I stopped and once when I made a turn.  But, fortunately, would go right back off again.  My car is supposed to send me an indicator when it is due for an oil change, but apparently it didn't.  So I rushed over to Firestone at lunch time to drop it off for that.  Plus, that was an unexpected $95 to spend.  My car is a prissy snowflake who needs full synthetic oil and Plus or Premium gas only, lol.  But I love that car, despite her champagne tastes.

Of course, this was a rare day when I needed to make a one hour (round trip) right after work.  I get my car back and...oh yeah...I'm almost out of gas.  Had been planning to fill up at lunch, but then I needed to take even longer to stop for that, lol.

Work has just been stressful.  I've had a lot more loaded on to my plate, while IT systems are crashing all around me.  I don't want to jinx myself, but today has been amazing and I might actually get out on time.  Can't remember the last time that happened, lol.

In a nutshell, so glad it is almost the weekend!  It should be a pretty mellow one also.  Though after a few glorious days of lows in the 50s, we're headed back to lows in the high 20s/30s for the next week.  I was joking with my H this morning that I thought there was a rule that NOLA isn't allowed to drop below freezing for more than one set of days per year.  My sympathies go out to the Knotties who have it so much worse with cold temps and ice/snow storms.  Stay warm everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    I would hope the pilates class would amend their cancellation policy for weather like this!
    Nope, I just checked - I was charged for the class. It is still sleeting in my area and I live on a steep hill. I could probably get out but it isn't worth risking it for a stupid class!
  • kvruns said:
    I would hope the pilates class would amend their cancellation policy for weather like this!
    Nope, I just checked - I was charged for the class. It is still sleeting in my area and I live on a steep hill. I could probably get out but it isn't worth risking it for a stupid class!
    UGH.  I saw the accident map and they're ALL OVER.  Plus, Hamilton and Johnson are on Orange travel status.  And so many other businesses either delayed or closed (along with all the school closures)...I mean, what about the people that had school canceled and their kids are home so they can't make it now?  

I'm irritated DH went to work today.  He has a truck with 4 wheel drive, but it would have been nice for him to stay home between me being sick and the kids off school.  I'm going to have to send him to the store tonight.  I'm drinking soda water and gatorade like a fish. 
  • I ended up going in but I’m not doing anything above and beyond. Usually I do a bunch of extra stuff. Today I’m going to make sure no one dies, and I’m saying to hell with the rest of it. If I didn’t come in we would be at an illegal staffing ratio. As it is we don’t get lunches or breaks today....again...for like the third week in a row. I’m wearing an airborne precautions mask that will live on my face all day. Luckily the 600 of ibuprofen plus the DayQuil I took earlier have taken off the edge off the muscle aches. These next two days are going to suck. 

Sending all the knotties in cold areas good vibes! Stay safe! 

• @levioosa You shouldn't be at work :( you should be resting. Why don't you get lunch/breaks? :\ 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2018
    Ugh...I think DH is about be taken down by the flu.  He just called and said he feels like shit.  I told him to call and just ask if they can call him in tamiflu and skip the test since I'm already diagnosed. 

He's being seen at 4.  I said to be ready to have a mask thrown at you and be kicked out the door.  ;) 

I'm seeing PrimeNow in my future. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    UGH.  I saw the accident map and they're ALL OVER.  Plus, Hamilton and Johnson are on Orange travel status.  And so many other businesses either delayed or closed (along with all the school closures)...I mean, what about the people that had school canceled and their kids are home so they can't make it now?  

I'm irritated DH went to work today.  He has a truck with 4 wheel drive, but it would have been nice for him to stay home between me being sick and the kids off school.  I'm going to have to send him to the store tonight.  I'm drinking soda water and gatorade like a fish. 
    IKR? I think after I finish this package I'm done with this studio. I've been a long time client and don't late cancel unless I'm sick (has happened twice in 5 years). If I see the owner, I may ask her about reinstating my class. At $25 a class, I think long time clients should get some consideration.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Ugh...I think DH is about be taken down by the flu.  He just called and said he feels like shit.  I told him to call and just ask if they can call him in tamiflu and skip the test since I'm already diagnosed. 

He's being seen at 4.  I said to be ready to have a mask thrown at you and be kicked out the door.  ;) 

I'm seeing PrimeNow in my future. 
    Door dash is also wonderful. I’m all about food delivery. 

• Definitely ask the owner about the class since you are a long time client

@mrsconn23 PrimeNow doesn’t come to me in Noblesville. Boooo
  • kvruns said:
    Definitely ask the owner about the class since you are a long time client

@mrsconn23 PrimeNow doesn’t come to me in Noblesville. Boooo
    I have only heard the legend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• But everything is done! We officially no longer own the house. And I’m going to take a nap. 
    Congrats on the sale, @charlotte989875! One less thing to worry about!