Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette Party invite longer than bridal shower list

Hello, 
So my MOH is throwing me a bachelorette party as well as a bridal shower and needs the names/addresses for them. 

I'm going over my list and I've noticed that my bachelorette party list is longer than my bridal shower list. (not by a ton there is about a 5-10 people difference)
I think my thought process going through the list was "I'd like to party/celebrate with her but don't want her to feel obligated to bring a gift to bridal shower and wedding" 

Is it weird to invite someone to bachelorette party and not bridal shower? 

Re: Bachelorette Party invite longer than bridal shower list

• Options
    Hello, 
    So my MOH is throwing me a bachelorette party as well as a bridal shower and needs the names/addresses for them. 

I'm going over my list and I've noticed that my bachelorette party list is longer than my bridal shower list. (not by a ton there is about a 5-10 people difference)
    I think my thought process going through the list was "I'd like to party/celebrate with her but don't want her to feel obligated to bring a gift to bridal shower and wedding" 

Is it weird to invite someone to bachelorette party and not bridal shower? 

As long as everyone that is invited to these parties is invited to the wedding I don’t think there is any problem. 

I think this might might depend on your circle; in mine showers are large events, and b-parties (if people have them) are smaller, close friends. But I definitely don’t think that is universally true. The only rule here is that everyone that is invited to pre-wedding parties must be invited to the wedding. Sounds like you’re good. 
  • Options
    Literally everything Charlotte said.  In my own circle showers are larger than BPs, but it depends on the circle.  As long as everyone invited to the pre-wedding parties is also invited to your wedding- and the number of guests you’re inviting is within the number you MOH can host- you’re good.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    There are definitely people for me who will be invited to my bach but not my shower, for the same reason (a few are also OOT, and while I don't feel bad inviting them to a celebration, I'd feel bad inviting them to a thing that demands a gift), but my shower guest list is still higher since it includes lots of aunts and older family/mom's friends who wouldn't enjoy my bachelorette. So, definitely don't need to overlap the guest lists as long as all are invited to the wedding. If I had fewer aunts, I'd imagine I'd be in the same position.