Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Houston Icepocalypse 2018

our office was closed today, and will be closed tomorrow. school closed both days, too. we didn't get much, but the driveway was a sheet of ice.

I was on an all day telecon, so i multitasked and built 2 LEGO architecture sets. (London and Sydney skylines) I have The Louvre on deck for tomorrow. 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    Houston Icepocalypse 2018

our office was closed today, and will be closed tomorrow. school closed both days, too. we didn't get much, but the driveway was a sheet of ice.

I was on an all day telecon, so i multitasked and built 2 LEGO architecture sets. (London and Sydney skylines) I have The Louvre on deck for tomorrow. 
    Yepppppp, I'm slightly buzzed thanks to the lack of school / work tomorrow.

(and it may have taken me like 10 minutes to type this, but whatevs)
  • Options
    @CharmedPam - I'm mesmerized by your Amy Schumer GIF!!  LOL  

My first memory of the reunion was DH's young cousin.  She was 7 or so at the time, and when we walked in, she ran out of one of the rooms with a wad of cash, yelling " I WON!  I WON!  I WON!!!"  The kids have their own card game and they play with dollar bills instead of the 20s the adults play with.  

They also have a big White Elephant type of gift exchange, except it's not tacky gifts.  It's supposed to be a generic gift worth $15-20 with the White Elephant "stealing" rules applied.  The only time the "stealing" rule can be bent is if the gift is booze and a kid opens it.  DH's cousin has a son who was 2 at the time.  She got a gift that was basically a goody bag of candy and snacks.  It had not yet been "frozen", but she opened it up and let her son start snacking since he was getting fussy.  One of the other cousins stole it from them, leaving the child crying.  DH shrugged and said, " I guess we can take candy from a baby."

ooohhh, DH's work just announced that their office won't open until 1 pm tomorrow.  Woohooo!
    noon for our own Houston office!  why even bother???