Wedding Woes

Woohoo, it's Monday (aka my friday)

And the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I've been kind-of sick.  Not bad enough to stay at home, but not good enough to be 100% at work either.  I have a bad cough (dry) and not getting enough oxygen (according to my phone app).  

I start off fine, then crash hard around 1pm. I'm guessing it's the altitude and the fact my inhaler ran out and I wasn't able to refill it sooner.   This was my first time refilling, so I wasn't prepared like I should be.    I just have to get through today then I have 2 days off to get back on schedule.  Wish me luck.

Have a good Monday.  And good luck to those in the latest snow path.  Mother nature finally dumped snow on us yesterday.  Some 12 inches.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Woohoo, it's Monday (aka my friday)

• Hope you feel better @lyndausvi

I love your sign @charlotte989875

My weekend was okay. I haven’t been able to shake this funk I’ve been in. It was nice to see my friend on Saturday though, and the birthday party yesterday was tolerable. 

Today I have to confront my boss, yet once again, on why she isn’t turning in the paper work necessary for my switch to per diem. This is getting really old, and I don’t have it in me to fight this much for something that should have been so easy. 

• First off - we had our anatomy scan and baby complied so there is a poll :)
    Go vote!

Weekend was good. My mum's friend lives on a farm, so we were there a good chunk of the day. It was nice weather but still cold. M got to try a hand gun, and now wants to get his restricted license. Damn. Lol

Sunday we were suppose to go to MIL and sFIL for dinner BUT M's grandfather wasn't well, so they had to cancel to go handle that. Nothing serious, ended up being just food poisoning that was running thru his system. They had him on an I.V and did some blood work to make sure.

We may close the office early because they're calling for freezing rain. Guhhh lol
  • levioosa said:
    Hope you feel better @lyndausvi

My weekend was okay. I haven’t been able to shake this funk I’ve been in. It was nice to see my friend on Saturday though, and the birthday party yesterday was tolerable. 

Today I have to confront my boss, yet once again, on why she isn’t turning in the paper work necessary for my switch to per diem. This is getting really old, and I don’t have it in me to fight this much for something that should have been so easy. 
    Thank you! 

How is this still happening with your per diem? Hasn’t this been going on for a WHILE? 
  • Get well vibe @lyndausvi
    @levioosa I hope your boss straightens up quick! What is your next course of action if she continues to blow you off?

our weekend was great! Friday night we went to a BBQ on our friend’s boat. Saturday morning, we slept in, then went to another BBQ hosted by a lady from the barn. It was an Arabic bbq and it was AWESOME! We ate so much and had so much fun! We were supposed to go car shopping afterwards but DH fell asleep. Sunday was SO WINDY. We had to cancel my lesson because the power kept going out, it was nuts. Today, I had to get more fabric for the quilt I am working on, in Dubai of course. Then I stopped by 2 malls in search of area rugs. I have never wanted Wayfair or Overstock more in my life!! I am making dinner and we have a Skype call. Tomorrow is car shopping, fingers crossed.

my MIL will be here in less than 3 weeks and I am so excited!
  • @lyndausvi Feel better :( sounds like everyone is getting sick!

@kvruns enjoy the not sickies while you have it lol ;) fresh air probably helped a lot.

@levioosa boo funk :( what kind of funk? {i've been there <3}
  • Good Morning!

Still trying to shake this damn cold.   I'm lucky that while it's annoying it isn't hitting me hard enough to make me unable to work.   But as luck would have it I have a trip this week I have to take for work that's a 10 hour round trip.   Five hours in a car on Wednesday with just myself and I'm hoping I don't have to burn through a box of Puffs.  Luckily I get a bed all to myself!

My fingers are crossed that all is well for everyone so that this weekend there are no hiccups while DH and I enjoy our Christmas gift from my brother.   He gave us Gaffigan tickets and that includes babysitting.   We get SO FEW night dates that I need this one to COUNT. 
  • Thanks @missJeanLouise! Combining two or my favorite things; pro choice advocacy and Leslie Knope. 
  • @charlotte989875 I've seen a bunch of signs with Leslie Knope for marches, etc :') Love it
  • @lyndausvi hope you feel better! And your Eagles are no match for my Pats (mwuahahaha) ;)

@banana468 that's so awesome you have Gaffigan tickets! He cracks me up - I hope you have a blast!

@levioosa your boss sounds like my boss. It takes her FOREVER to get essential stuff done (approving a transfer request for a team member over the summer, posting a listing for an open position, getting our reviews done). Could it be that your boss just really sucks at time management? Not that that's an excuse, but perhaps it's not anything she's doing on purpose - just that she can't cross shit off her To Do list to save her life...

Weekend was okay - went out to lunch with my mom and did a little shopping on Saturday. Then had a stomach bug yesterday (unrelated to the lunch - we had the same thing and my mom feels fine). Babypants' teeth were bothering her this weekend so I was up a lot with her at night. Between Friday and last night, I got a combined total of 12 hours of sleep.

I would have otherwise taken today as a sick day, but I am trying to get my project out the door this week, and if I didn't come in today, my micromanager of a boss would have just taken over my project without me. It's bad enough she's already had meetings about this project without involving me. Arrghh. 

H is on bedtime duty for Babypants tonight, so I am planning (planning being the key word here - ha) to go to bed early.
  • @charlotte989875 no joke, I would too lmao! Friend of mine does a lot of anime/comicon and if she sees someone who goes with her cosplay, she'll request a photo :')
  • edited January 2018
    heyyyyyyyyyy

I'm not sure if it's this winter weather or what, but my face is KILLING ME!  Dry, itchy, everything.  Ugh.  I've been trying Eucerin, Aveeno, etc.  I was hoping that warmer weather would help, but it hasn't.  I was so desperate yesterday I went to an urgent care clinic and they gave me some hydrocortisone cream.  I just pray I can get an appt with a dermatologist soon.  I had to laugh, though - I don't have a dermatologist and posted in a local FB group of women from my church asking for recs.  One woman was like, "oh - I sell Mary Kay!!"  yeah.

So, the last several mornings, I've woken up in a foul mood.  I end up with a bad dream and those feelings just linger.  Gah!

Lastly, a WWWWD question ....

Years ago when I was in between jobs, I was a tutor for a friend's company (I'll call her "J").  It pays well, but she was a bit of a bitch and enabled the kids to be spoiled rotten brats.  For example, one kid cancelled at the last minute, texting me saying, "yeah, I'm hanging out with my friends".  I let her know that the program has a 24 hour cancellation policy and I'd appreciate a bit more notice in the future.  Kid complained to mom, who complained to J, who said I had no right to say anything because they can cancel whenever they want.  It ended on a sour note (other stuff besides that).  

Fast forward 8 years or so.  I reconnect with J and she says that she really could use a math tutor, especially one who's a teacher.  I can use the extra money, so I said okay.  I did a few sessions in December with a super sweet kid.  Mom said she wanted to continue with me in the Spring.  Great!  Only problem - J and her company are running into glitches with Adobe and can't get paperwork processed and haven't paid me for last December.  I was promised a check last week (total would be ~ $100) and it still hasn't arrived.  Mom wants to start things up and I said that I'd have to get back to her.  There's no way in hell I'm going to continue to work with J's company .... what do I say to the mom? 

ETA:  I did not sign a non-competition clause with J's company and don't see this as a friendship worth keeping.
  • @holyguacamole79 I'd just be thorough with all your paperwork / obligations.   If they can't come after you I would be clear in steps:

To J: Be firm.  "As of January 20th I have not received payment for December services.   Please confirm when I can expect the payment to be sent.   I have enjoyed working with company X however please accept this as notification that my last work in December are the last hours performed. "

If you're in the clear then I'd reach out to the mom once the above notice is given.   Do you want to keep it up?  If so, "Happy New Year!   I am no longer working with company X however if you do need to make arrangements for tutoring I am available on Y days.   Please reach me at this # if you want to reach out and we can work on payment terms." 
  • @holyguacamole79 I get crazy dry skin on my cheeks in the winter {wind burn typically} and find coconut oil at night gives it the right amount of moisture it needs.
    Clinique is also really good if you're not a coconut oil fan :) {deep moisture surge I believe is the one that my mum uses}
  • I do not follow the NFL at all. H had the game on last night and I asked why everyone seemed to care about this game. He stared at me like
    Image result for what did you say gif
    *********************************************************************************

• I do not follow the NFL at all. H had the game on last night and I asked why everyone seemed to care about this game. He stared at me like
    Image result for what did you say gif
    I get the same look when I mention anything about sports to sFIL :')
  • J's accounting person said that the check is in the mail.  I plan on cutting ties as soon as I deposit the check.  I guess I'm just more upset with myself for getting duped twice.
  • edited January 2018
    @holyguacamole79 I love Banana’s and OOM’s advice. Say what Banana said and offer the same price you were getting before. :) 

@OliveOilsMom The food is completely different. They have this bread, kind of like thin pita, that they open, spread a meat mixture in, then cook over the coals. They make kabobs, the chicken is spiced in some sort of deliciousness. The dessert is kanafka (idk the spelling), it is cheese (or creme ) fried in a pastry that reminds me of a birds nest, sprinkled with pistachio, and drizzled with simple syrup. It is heavenly.  

ETA: The dessert is Kanafeh!!! And goggle image search for kanafka will result in pictures of big hairy men
  • Since the Pats are back in Super Bowl, we were looking up the odds of Pats winning ....

Out of the 8 Super Bowls they've made it to {since acquiring Brady} they've won 5
    I think the odds are good, but I hear the Eagles are playing really well so it may not be easy.
    Good.
  • @charlotte989875, love the Women's March pics!

@levioosa, that is very upsetting your boss STILL hasn't taken care of the per diem request.  I remember that you've even spoken to HR about it.  Geez!

@missJeanLouise, I'm jealous of your weekend!  Two BBQ's, with one of them on a boat.  Plus authentic Middle Eastern food with a dessert I've never heard of, but sounds so delicious.  Is it just me or does it seem like meat is always better in kabob form, lol?

@holyguacamole79, sorry to hear the p/t gig with J's company didn't work out.  Hopefully the check really is finally "in the mail", smh.

In re: to the Superbowl, I'm still feeling a little too bitter the Saints aren't going to it and don't have much enthusiasm, lol.  But the Patriots and their Tom Brady are one of my least favorite teams (sorry @sparklepants41), so I'm begrudgingly rooting for the Eagles.

My H successfully fixed our plumbing problem, ie replaced two galvanized steel runs.  I was duly impressed!!!  He spent almost all day on Friday doing it and was super worn out, but saved us a few hundred dollars in labor and gained some good experience.

Our microwave is dying.  It's at least funny.  The 5-9 and 0 buttons don't work, but everything else does.  Doing a lot of heating up with "11" for the seconds, lol.  It is over 5 years old, so I guess it's just time for a new one.  I'm trying to decide if we should cut our losses and get a new one immediately.  Or see how long it limps along and wait until it totally dies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:

Earlier this year Chiquita had to draw an animal so she picked a Cheetah.

I told DH it was Tom Brady.
    That took me a minute to figure out  :#
  • Is it still cheating if Brady is sucking someone off? ;)
  • kvruns said:
    banana468 said:

Earlier this year Chiquita had to draw an animal so she picked a Cheetah.

I told DH it was Tom Brady.
    That took me a minute to figure out  :#
    She doesn't have any kind of Boston accent but in my  head it's "wicked cheetah".  
  • I really like my field, but my clients are really irritating me.  Really badly.  REALLY BADLY.  "I cannot give you a timeline for this..." means I can't give you a timeline and IF YOU CALL EVERY 2 DAYS I STILL CAN'T GIVE YOU A DAMN TIMELINE.

And I don't even know what the heck this client is going on about a FB messenger video to me.

It was a good weekend.  K and I had to tiptoe around each other; we had a quarrel that brought a lot of former baggage for both of us into play.  Neither one of us was wrong and we were working on not responding wrongly to each other.  It was a grrr situation.

K's birthday party was Friday night and there's an obscene amount of alcohol sitting in our place now.  There's 3-4 bottles of vodka, 2 bottles of gin, Crown Royal, some whiskey, 2 high end beer bombers, and a whole case of varied craft beer.  I keep looking at it as confirmation that every single one of our friends (and us) are probably high functioning alcoholics.  Or they all think we are, I'm not sure which. 

Saturday was recovery.

Sunday was K's actual b-day.  I had to sit on a panel that was discussing the Equal Means Equal movie (which is an absolute bullshit movie, I refuse to acknowledge it as a documentary), and then a birthday dinner at K's favorite Korean restaurant.  They had to work that night.  Oh well.  All in all a good weekend.