Favors

Favor Help

Looking for opinions...I was going to go with a smores bag but I'm afraid items will get stale. Currently thinking of a chocolate bar or cute decorated chocolate covered oreos/chocolate truffles..help!

Re: Favor Help

• I love that all of the choices are edible!  :p

I’d go with the chocolate covered Oreos or the truffles- they’re both special, colors can be customized and they’re pretty hearty.  I’d go with the s’mores bag last- graham crackers crack easily, which may change the look you’re going for.  And as a fatass myself I really like something I can break into on the ride home, as opposed to something that needs to be assembled at home.
  • I'd opt for the chocolate covered oreos or truffles since it's something you can purchase premade and just bag up with little worries about going stale.  

Skip the smores bags, they're cute as can be but ultimately end up tossed because the marshmallow dries out and graham cracker takes on the taste of the plastic bag used..  
  • Are you having a fire where you could roast the s'mores? If not, it's kind of an odd favor anyway. If you are, I think if you assemble these in plastic bags 3 or 4 days before the wedding you shouldn't have an issue with staleness. 

You can pretty easily order custom chocolate bars (like with your logo, names, date, whatever) online. In terms of budget chocolate that can be personalized, World's Finest does a good job and is decent chocolate. https://gift.worldsfinestchocolate.com/personalize/
    *********************************************************************************

• Are you having a fire where you could roast the s'mores? If not, it's kind of an odd favor anyway. If you are, I think if you assemble these in plastic bags 3 or 4 days before the wedding you shouldn't have an issue with staleness. 

You can pretty easily order custom chocolate bars (like with your logo, names, date, whatever) online. In terms of budget chocolate that can be personalized, World's Finest does a good job and is decent chocolate. https://gift.worldsfinestchocolate.com/personalize/
    It'd be better to keep them in the original bags and open them up as they're used (avoid allergy issues too - Yes, I know people allergic go <gasp> Chocolate!)...  They'll stay fresher and less waste (I'm all for a toasted marshmallow, but I'm NAF of a full smore..)
  • I love Smores, but they're messy. Unless the wedding is very informal, I don't advise them as favors.
  • MesmrEwe said:
    Are you having a fire where you could roast the s'mores? If not, it's kind of an odd favor anyway. If you are, I think if you assemble these in plastic bags 3 or 4 days before the wedding you shouldn't have an issue with staleness. 

It'd be better to keep them in the original bags and open them up as they're used (avoid allergy issues too - Yes, I know people allergic go <gasp> Chocolate!)...  They'll stay fresher and less waste (I'm all for a toasted marshmallow, but I'm NAF of a full smore..)
    I think it would be really messy looking to have a bunch of boxes and ripped open packages of graham crackers, plastic bags of marshmallows and half used Hershey bars all over a table. If there are known allergy issues, the couple can make bags without certain things. Or guests with allergy concerns can choose not to take a favor. And if someone only wants the marshmallow, then they don’t eat the other stuff. It doesn’t need to be overly complicated. 
    *********************************************************************************