Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

What's up?  It's DH's bday.  Dinner out tonight with FIL.

Heading to BIL/SIL's tomorrow for the night. 

DefConn is the clumsiest kid.  We were fooling around the the bus stop today and I turned in time to see him trip over his own feet and fall on his side.  He jumped right up and was all, "I'm fine!"  What a goober.  :D 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Have fun at dinner tonight!

Work today for me. I’m worried what I’ll walk in to. Yesterday was so chill I read 250 pages of a book. Every time I have even a marginally easy day at work I pay for it my next shift. So now I’m scared. But it was really nice to read something non-school related. 

I work on Sunday, so I can’t get too crazy this weekend. Our plans so far are to door dash and relax with Netflix tonight and tomorrow go to ikea. SO might go see his mom and stay at her place for her birthday but we’ll see. 

• We're headed to help clean out more if dh's grandma's condo. Funeral tomorrow. Who knows what Sunday. 

the kids are all signed up for spring sports. It's going to be a crazy few months. 6let has a goal of making select lacrosse and pre academy soccer. He's got shots at both but has some work to do. I'm also wondering if m2 will get asked to try out for team gymnastics. There goes my next paycheck 
  • Hopefully some peace and quiet today.
  • Half day at work today, but my morning is filled with meetings, so today is going to come to a screeching halt. Not a fan of days like this, because I just end up feeling discombobulated without getting closure on the week. I'm hoping my 11am doesn't go the full hour so I can tie up loose ends before I leave. I mean, I could stay for a bit after noon to tie things up, but i have an acute case of the Fuck-Its...
    Not sure what's on tap for the weekend yet. FILs Birthday is Monday and I've been asking H what he wants to do for his dad's birthday for weeks, and only just yesterday did he have the epiphany that we ought to do something for his dad's birthday this weekend. *insert eyeroll and facepalm here*
  • Our weekend will be mostly cooking, cleaning and preparing for DH to leave on an international business trip on Sunday. He'll be gone a week. He does this basically every other month, but I'm really anxious about it this time...babybelle has been throwing a ton of tantrums lately and I'm in the stage of pregnancy where lifting his flailing or boneless tantrum body is hard. 

Speaking of cleaning out homes of deceased relatives and IKEA, have y'all heard of Swedish death cleaning? It seems like such a good approach. Especially for people who can't find the intrinsic motivation to get rid of their shit - maybe if they're doing it for someone else, they'll actually do it. For the last year or so, DH and I have been VERY slowly moving toward a more minimalist view of "stuff" and donating, cleaning things out accordingly. It feels really good. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Still no motivation today.  I've promised myself that next week I have to grind.

Today is my and K 2 year anniversary.  It falls at such a weird time (after holidays, K's bday, my bday coming up) that we're kind of out of things to do.  I'm still trying to think of something.

Other than that, SSDD.
  • @mrsconn23 hahaha what a kid :D 

@levioosa Hopefully your day isn't as bad as you're expecting

@6fsn <3 hugs for your weekend

So last night I wasn't in a horrible mood until I went to do laundry {which was shortly after I got in}
    I decided to toss a sheet in, and I tend to put linens on the basement couch until I do a few linens or I have space in a load.
    Grab it and apparently M's heavy duty flashlight was underneath. It slides off, falls ON MY FOOT! Smashed my big toe by the main knuckle {toe attach to foot one}
    I am all but screaming in pain, so M comes down to see if I'm okay. By now I'm pissed.
    M: what happened? are you okay?
    Me: *holding flashlight* NO! I am not! This fucking thing fell on my foot. If you put shit away it wouldn't have happened *ready to throw it at him*
    M: *calmly* what happened
    Me: THE FLASHLIGHT FELL ON MY FUCKING FOOT AND MY TOE HURTS!!! PUT IT THE FUCK AWAY!!
    M: *grabs it and moves it to other tools area* Do you need help getting upstairs?
    Me: *grabs his arm* yes. Pressure hurts. *hobbles upstairs*

It's useful in many situations, but I despise at the time how calm he is when I'm mad lol
    Luckily some things I was waiting on from Old Navy came in. So we have baby stuff in varying sizes :) I couldn't resist. There was a sale.

I also got myself maternity pants. Haven't tried them on yet. Probably will tonight or tomorrow to ensure I don't have to return them. I really hope I don't lol

Not much this weekend.
    Archery range on Saturday. Cake cutting with family on Sunday. Idk if MIL and sFIL are coming, they've been hit by a stomach bug that's been going around. We'll facetime them if they can't, but I think sFIL might be able to come.
  • Fun!  Lots of Knottie family birthdays coming up.

Not much going on.  I'm stopping for lunch at Taco Bell today to try their new Mexican seasoned fries.  "Web of Fries" for those of you who have seen the funny commercial.  If my H isn't too busy...I really hope he isn't...I'm going to drag him to Sam's Club.  We're in desperate need of many items, lol.  Blah, really need to go to Walmart also and pick up a prescription, plus other grocery items.

I applied for three restaurant mystery shops a couple days ago and have been waiting with baited breath to see if any of them have been assigned to me.  Two of them are restaurants I've been wanting to try and the third one is a big fave with me and my H. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Not much going on.  I'm stopping for lunch at Taco Bell today to try their new Mexican seasoned fries.  "Web of Fries" for those of you who have seen the funny commercial.  If my H isn't too busy...I really hope he isn't...I'm going to drag him to Sam's Club.  We're in desperate need of many items, lol.  Blah, really need to go to Walmart also and pick up a prescription, plus other grocery items.

I applied for three restaurant mystery shops a couple days ago and have been waiting with baited breath to see if any of them have been assigned to me.  Two of them are restaurants I've been wanting to try and the third one is a big fave with me and my H. 

How do you get into this? What is it? I'm intrigued. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Happy Birthdays and Anniversaries to WWers and their families!

Leviosa & Sparkle - I hope for easy work days for your both!

MKD - Yay for clothes!

S+S - I don't think the Taco Bells in our area are offering those fries.  Report back!

I was able to get DD home by 6 again.  She was sleeping in her carrier, so I let her stay there until she woke up.  She usually gets home at 430 with H and then crashes until 6.  But when I pick her up, we don't get home until 6, so she is super tired.  But that little nap did wonders and she was really happy the rest of the night.  I also gave her a bath, so I was very productive last night!

This morning, we slept in until 730!  I love that my kid sleeps!  I'm very thankful!  I get her up and change/feed her.  I then put her in the swing with her TV channel so I can shower.  By the time I come out, the whole room smelled cause she pooped.  I told her she is supposed to save them for daycare and she just laughed at me!

Not sure what is up for the weekend, except Hs family will be over for dinner on Sunday to celebrate SILs birthday, which was the 21st.  I'm making a roast in the Instant Pot.  MIL is supposedly getting a cake from Shop Rite and I hope its a good one.  MIL makes poor food choices!  And many of them seem directed towards SIL unfortunately.

How do you get into this? What is it? I'm intrigued. 

I've actually done mystery shopping for about 15 years, though I've cut back a lot over the last 10 or so.  In college I worked at Bank of America and we were mystery shopped.  It piqued my curiosity at making some extra money that way.

MSing is basically going into a location and pretending to be a normal customer so the MS company's "client" can get a glimpse of what their customers are experiencing.  As a shopper, you're given instructions and the shop form (that will be filled out online later) ahead of time.

The pros of MSing are that it is really flexible.  Shoppers can apply for only the shops they want to complete.

The cons are that the money isn't usually that great for the time involved.  For restaurant shops specifically, some of them are "reimbursement only" and there is a limit to how much they will reimburse.  Though it is typically enough to cover a meal for two.  Some of them have a small fee, plus reimbursement.

Another con is there isn't a good way to know which MS company has shops in your area.  And there are a couple hundred of them across the U.S. and, for the most part, each one needs to be applied at individually.  It takes a "shot gun" approach and can be time consuming on the front end.

For anyone more interested, I'd suggest checking out Volition.com.  It's a free website with a huge forum about MSing and merchandising.  Most importantly, they also have a list of all/most MS companies in the U.S. and Canada.  Any company on their list will be legit.  No legit MS company will ever charge a fee for a shopper to join them. 

If you or anyone else on here wants to PM me the city you live in, I'll keep an eye out for opportunities in your area from the MS e-mails I receive.  One specific company I'll mention is Kern Scheduling.  They are not an MS company, per se.  But some MS companies use them to outsource their scheduling of shops.  The benefit of that for a shopper is anytime a shop comes out for your area from ANY of Kern's MS company clients, you'll get an e-mail about it.  Customer Impact is an MS company that primarily does restaurant shops.  They are based in TX and have a lot of shops there, but (I think) have clients across the country.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT Happy anniversary :)

@OliveOilsMom yay for sleep! Curious what you mean by poor food choices directed towards SIL

@sparklepants41 at least it's not like the day before? lmao
  • MKD - MIL would get say a Walmart cake that is on manager's special instead of buying a fresher one for a few extra dollars and having a birthday message added on.  Or one time it was an Entemann's (sp?) that she staked one of top of each other (two different flavors).  But for anyone else's birthday either I or SIL will bake one.  And I have offered to bake one or buy one for SIL and MIL always says no since I'm making the dinner. 

H actually had a talk with MIL over the cake situation when we first started to plan the dinner.  One time MIL planned SILs birthday dinner with SIL and had SIL cook everything!  H and I were just told to show up.  I felt really badly when I realized SIL had to cook her birthday dinner too.  It was sold to us as MIL cooking everything but eating the dinner at BIL/SILs house.  Had I known, I would have said something!

SIL also doesn't have the best self-esteem, so I think she sees the difference and takes it to heart. 

• @OliveOilsMom I feel like your MIL is trying to cut financial corners when they aren't a huge deal. And until SIL likes to cook, that's horrible to expect her to do it :( M would cook his bday dinner, because he likes to BBQ and is picky about how his steak is cooked {restaurant it's rare, if he does it then blue rare}
    Tbh the way MIL is acting, I would take it personally too. Even if there was no self-esteem issues :(
  • I'm working from home because baby B was sent home from daycare with a fever yesterday.  Took him to the Dr since it's been an off and on fever the last few days although I didn't think they would fine anything.  Said he's just fighting another virus but did do a flu test to be safe which was negative. On the plus side it is 40-50 degrees and sunny out (which feels like a heat wave) so I can take him for a walk or maybe out to play finally
  • Roller derby tonight! Thanks @VarunaTT for the primers. H asked his coworkers who play (skate? We’re still learning) and they told us there are people who walk around the stands with a sash on and their there just to explain what’s going on. 

Also so I got new running shoes! Happy Friday 
  • @kvruns Boo virus :( Odd question, does teething cause fevers? I've heard mixed replies
  • I get irrationally angry with automated phone systems.
  • @kvruns Boo virus :( Odd question, does teething cause fevers? I've heard mixed replies
    It depends on the kid.  Some run fevers, some get the runs.
  • I get irrationally angry with automated phone systems.
    That's not irrational. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I get irrationally angry with automated phone systems.
    That's not irrational. 
    Agreed. It's totally rational. I go into it all "I'm going to patient and articulate. I can do this...." and after 10 minutes of prompts I find myself screaming "REPRESENTATIVE!" 
    I keep hitting 0 and eventually they'll send you to someone ;)
  • 6fsn said:
    That's not irrational. 
    Agreed. It's totally rational. I go into it all "I'm going to patient and articulate. I can do this...." and after 10 minutes of prompts I find myself screaming "REPRESENTATIVE!" 
    Yes! I can’t wven make it to five minutes...
  • 6fsn said:
    That's not irrational. 
    I’ve definitely yelled “that’s not what I fucking said!” more times than I care to admit. There’s just something about it that makes me ragey. 

My son would get a fever when he cut a tooth. We stocked up on Tylenol. We also had those mesh things that we could put carrots or cucumbers in and he would suck and chew on. 
  • levioosa said:
    6fsn said:
    That's not irrational. 
    I’ve definitely yelled “that’s not what I fucking said!” more times than I care to admit. There’s just something about it that makes me ragey. 
    Feeling your all's pain!

I have a very clear speaking voice so, if their system can't understand me, their system sucks.  Sloooowww speech and ridiculous annunciation.  Like, "FOUR-TEE TWO (42)".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Supposedly teething does not cause fevers but when they are teething they can be more susceptible to viruses and end up with one with a fever at the same time. That’s what the Dr says although anecdotally a lot of people say their kids have fevers when teething. Mine typically doesn’t but he’s sick like every 5 days so who knows what is wrong with him 
  • We're a week away from our 5 year anniversary and I'm STILL having weird wedding dreams.

Last night I dreamed that our wedding was some sort of pre-wedding and we had to do it again.  I was freaking out because I no longer talk to one of my bridesmaids (was my SIL until she & my brother got divorced), the church where we got married was destroyed during Harvey so we'd have to find another place, and we hadn't even looked at invitations.