Wedding Woes

Starting period day of wedding debate

Wasn’t sure what section to put this in hope this one works. Anyways 
My MOH is convinced that EVERY bride starts her period the day of the wedding! She’s told me she’ll be prepared for me and to accept it now! I have a great App that tracks for me and adjusts based on my input (history tracking) if nothing else it only off by days at the most! Still my MOH is convinced I will start day of. 
Can anyone help us settle this? Lol 
TIA

Re: Starting period day of wedding debate

• Your friend couldn’t be more wrong.  All women don’t magically get their periods on their wedding day.  
    How regular is your cycle?  Do you typically get it around the same time every month?  (TMI but as an example, I get mine between the 24th-27th each month).  Stress or some other big life event can effect when you get it, but if you want a ballpark, ask yourself the questions I asked and then think about where that is compared to your wedding date.
    Nothing wrong with having some pads or tampons/ Advil or midol etc (whatever you use when you have your period) on hand JIC.
  • Your friend is wrong.

HOWEVER I was on bc at the time of the wedding, and was suppose to get it on our wedding day. I said nuts to that, and opted to try and skip it.

Idk if it's stress, or my body tell me to fuck off with that idea, but I ended up getting it the day after our wedding anyways! Lol
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I haven't had enough coffee for this. 

Your friend is wrong.  You'd both benefit from reading a book about cycles/fertility.  And I'd take any medical advice or 'knowledge' coming from your friend with a grain of salt. 

THIS IS WHY WE NEED COMPREHENSIVE SEXUAL EDUCATION!  Jesus. 

Preach MrsConn!  OP - You seem to be tracking pretty well if you are sure you won't get your period on your wedding day.  But maybe give your MOH a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" as a BM gift! 
  • banana468 said:
    Your friend could use a few lessons in science.  

I bet she also thinks women who live together have their cycles sync up, too. 
  • banana468 said:
    Your friend could use a few lessons in science.  

I bet she also thinks women who live together have their cycles sync up, too. 
    When I told someone this was scientifically sound they looked at me like I had three heads. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I haven't had enough coffee for this. 

Your friend is wrong.  You'd both benefit from reading a book about cycles/fertility.  And I'd take any medical advice or 'knowledge' coming from your friend with a grain of salt. 

THIS IS WHY WE NEED COMPREHENSIVE SEXUAL EDUCATION!  Jesus. 
    Yep.
  • Your friend is wrong.

HOWEVER I was on bc at the time of the wedding, and was suppose to get it on our wedding day. I said nuts to that, and opted to try and skip it.

Idk if it's stress, or my body tell me to fuck off with that idea, but I ended up getting it the day after our wedding anyways! Lol

I'm on the pill and my period is set to show up the day after - MoH suggested I just take my next pill pack straight though but I'm afraid of it backfiring, ha. 
  • MRDCle said:
    Your friend is wrong.

I'm on the pill and my period is set to show up the day after - MoH suggested I just take my next pill pack straight though but I'm afraid of it backfiring, ha. 
    I'd done it before {not close enough to the wedding} so I chalked it up to stress causing it to still show up. I've had twice in my life where it didn't show up due to stress so it depends.

Have back up if you do.
  • I have a friend who is convinced that her period only comes on Tuesdays.  Like her uterus has a little calendar. 
  • MRDCle said:
    I have a friend who is convinced that her period only comes on Tuesdays.  Like her uterus has a little calendar. 
    I have a fairly clockwork period. However, it's not on specific days (unless I'm on the pill). It is every 24 days when I'm off the pill though. 
  • MRDCle said:
    I have a friend who is convinced that her period only comes on Tuesdays.  Like her uterus has a little calendar. 
    I have a fairly clockwork period. However, it's not on specific days (unless I'm on the pill). It is every 24 days when I'm off the pill though. 
    Same. Before pill right from the beginning I was clockwork. Then on the pill it varied within 12hrs and once I stopped to TTC it was back to clockwork.

Lol maybe some uterus' have tiny calendars ;) jk
  • edited January 2018
    MRDCle said:
    Your friend is wrong.

If you're going to try it, do it a few months ahead of time so you can plan for it. Honestly what I'd do is try it early enough to move your period ahead a few weeks. That gives your body time.

However, check your insurance because you might not be able to get Rx's filled early repeatedly. If you're really interested in skipping your period (in the long run) you could always opt for a pill that does not have a placebo week.  
  • MRDCle said:
    Your friend is wrong.

If you're going to try it, do it a few months ahead of time so you can plan for it. Honestly what I'd do is try it early enough to move your period ahead a few weeks. That gives your body time.

However, check your insurance because you might not be able to get Rx's filled early repeatedly. If you're really interested in skipping your period (in the long run) you could always opt for a pill that does not have a placebo week.  
    Oh I mean, my wedding is in like 5 weeks.  I'm not that worried about it! I may try it but eh. We'll see ha.
  • MRDCle said:
    MRDCle said:
    Your friend is wrong.

Oh I mean, my wedding is in like 5 weeks.  I'm not that worried about it! I may try it but eh. We'll see ha.
    Yeah then my advice is probably not going to work at all. Good luck!
  • edited January 2018
    Thanks, OP's MOH ... I needed a good laugh to start my Monday.

• Mine was scheduled to come the Thursday before the wedding.  I elected to skip the placebos (for the first time ever) and figured the worst that would happen is I would start anyway.  It worked and I didn't have any issues at all.

To the OP - why are you and your MOH talking about this so much that you need anyone else to "settle" it?  I mean, I would just tell her, "ok.  We will see" and bean dip out of that crazy conversation.  

• MRDCle said:
    This is me! I get my period every 28 Days, which means it does fall on the same day of the week! Not every single time ever but usually I get my period on a Thursday. 
  • MRDCle said:
    This is me! I get my period every 28 Days, which means it does fall on the same day of the week! Not every single time ever but usually I get my period on a Thursday. 
    Same. But Tuesday. 
  • I mean, extreme stress can alter a normal cycle....but “every bride gets her period?” No. That’s not how menstruation works. You also don’t need to get your period every month. It’s not medically necessary. I would skip mine except my insurance won’t cover early refills/the inevitable “extra” pack I’d need. 

• levioosa said:
    I mean, extreme stress can alter a normal cycle....but “every bride gets her period?” No. That’s not how menstruation works. You also don’t need to get your period every month. It’s not medically necessary. I would skip mine except my insurance won’t cover early refills/the inevitable “extra” pack I’d need. 
    This is why I switched pills. I thought it was bullshit my insurance wouldn't pay for the "early" pack if I opted not to take pills I didn't need. 
  • levioosa said:
    I mean, extreme stress can alter a normal cycle....but “every bride gets her period?” No. That’s not how menstruation works. You also don’t need to get your period every month. It’s not medically necessary. I would skip mine except my insurance won’t cover early refills/the inevitable “extra” pack I’d need. 
    This is why I switched pills. I thought it was bullshit my insurance wouldn't pay for the "early" pack if I opted not to take pills I didn't need. 
    I would switch pills, but I’m terrified of how my body will react. It took ten years to find a pill that didn’t make me gain 45 pounds or go freaking out of my mind. I’m even scared to switch to the brand name of my pill that’s offered on nurx so at least it can be delivered to my door. 

• levioosa said:
    levioosa said:
    I would switch pills, but I’m terrified of how my body will react. It took ten years to find a pill that didn’t make me gain 45 pounds or go freaking out of my mind. I’m even scared to switch to the brand name of my pill that’s offered on nurx so at least it can be delivered to my door. 
    Oh I hear that. I've had to switch a lot because of headaches, so I finally am on a progestin only pill now, and it's the only thing that doesn't make me have a crazy headache at the start of my period. 
  • MRDCle said:
    Your friend is wrong.

This is what I did because I was supposed to start that week, and do whenever I just don't feel like having one (like this week).

But to OP: