Wedding Woes

Hump Day!

2»

Re: Hump Day!

• They gave me a date range, but since I have my next OB appt on Feb 27th I figured I might as well do it same day instead of cutting out of another day.

Is it really that bad? :\ I've heard mixed reviews
    No. It's only 8ish ounces. Just down it and get it over with. It's not pleasant but it's nothing to be concerned about.
    Now I'm feeling snarky and conspiratorial.  Unless I'm missing something and there is some kind of medical substance that needs to be included (maybe), it sounds like it just needs to be some same X amount of fast acting carbohydrates.  Why would that have to be bad, unpleasant, or off tasting at all?  They can even have that exact amount of specially packaged OJ or apple juice, stuff most people like.  But if they pretend it's some "secret" medical concoction, they can charge more money for it.  At least that is my suspicion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 My boss has same issue first day of her cycle :( It's no fun.

@southernbelle0915 M's aunt and uncle planned on doing a drinking game to SOTU but decided against it because they didn't wanna be loaded in the middle of the week lol

OB appt yesterday was good. I got my docs for the glucose test, which I think I'll do the same day as my next OB appt at the end of Feb. My nurse said not to change my diet, but don't do what she did and have 4 chocolate chip cookies before it ;)
    I'm concerned just because I've been craving sweets for the most part :( I'll just eat normally but try to take it easy on stuff that day to be safe lol
    Little one doing well. Reading exact on dates and weight gain. OB confirmed about placenta location and why I feel kicking pretty strong/active :)

I also got a new phone - finally! Ended up sticking with my usual provider because everyone else wanted to charge up the butt *side eye*

I felt productive last night until I realized I didn't do laundry lmao! I pre-cooked ground beef for sheppard's pie tonight, cleaned up the baby clothes in our bedroom and put in the pile of stuff we have in her room.
    We're painting soon so we've just been piling stuff around.

I think part of the plan this weekend is to clear up the basement and garage, or at least start. I kinda wanna start sooner than later though because we have other plans.
    I didn't know when my glucose test was going to be, I just got the req, and went down to the lab. The worst part was the disgusting drink, and having to sit still for an hour. I was not a happy camper. I'm not a person who can sit still. 
    They gave me a date range, but since I have my next OB appt on Feb 27th I figured I might as well do it same day instead of cutting out of another day.

No. It's only 8ish ounces. Just down it and get it over with. It's not pleasant but it's nothing to be concerned about.

The bolded is exactly how I would describe it.  I have had to drink it a few times.  When we started with the fertility doctor, I had to have a 3 hour glucose test done.  It showed I was pre-diabetic.  I had the test repeated a few times after to see how my diet changes were helping.  By the time I had my GD test, the drink was NBD.

The flavor I had each time was Orange, which just seemed really weird to my tastebuds that something orange flavored was so sweet.  I have heard they make a cola flavor and I would think that its just like drinking a coke.

Also, you are lucky that you can eat before!  I had to fast each time!  That wasn't so bad when I was not PG, but the test when I was PG was the hardest!  I really wanted to eat!

The hospital I delivered at only has orange. It's not my first choice (I've heard there is a fruit punch flavor - I feel like that would be like having Kool Aid and then I would need to pair it with some crappy cheap sandwich cookies like my childhood summer camp served for afternoon snack!)

I also had to fast before my test - and my test was scheduled for lunch time. The drink wasn't great, but I was so starving by the time I had to drink the stuff that it actually went down pretty easy. 
  • They gave me a date range, but since I have my next OB appt on Feb 27th I figured I might as well do it same day instead of cutting out of another day.

Now I'm feeling snarky and conspiratorial.  Unless I'm missing something and there is some kind of medical substance that needs to be included (maybe), it sounds like it just needs to be some same X amount of fast acting carbohydrates.  Why would that have to be bad, unpleasant, or off tasting at all?  They can even have that exact amount of specially packaged OJ or apple juice, stuff most people like.  But if they pretend it's some "secret" medical concoction, they can charge more money for it.  At least that is my suspicion. 
    It's concentrated glucose syrup. It's supposed to show whether you have specific spikes or lows after drinking and sitting, or if your body metabolizes it properly. 
  • I've had too many clients yelling at me for my own good.  And it's not anything I've done wrong, they're just dissatisfied with, "No I won't give a timeline on me organizing 6K pages of records, to hand to another department to summarize," and "I'm sorry, we're not doctors and we have no authority to call a doctor's office and tell them how to bill -- you are mad at the American health care system, not me."

I haven't seen K since Sunday for more than 10 minutes between our schedules.  There's going to be serious snuggling tonight.  If world peace suddenly explodes, you're welcome. 

I did watch the SOTU.  I was mostly eye rolling and snarky (with an aside gasp about making sure federal workers were loyal -- hello codewords to get out whistleblowers) until he hit the part about Guantanamo.  I gasped and started crying and then right into N. Korea where my palms were clammy hoping he didn't actually declare war.  Didn't do that, but did reintroduce the MAD doctrine.  One friend commented if only his policy and party was as diverse as the presidential box had been.  And not a queer person to be had, anywhere, in anything.  It's incredibly disheartening and it lights a fire under my ass for Pride this year.
  • The bolded is exactly how I would describe it.  I have had to drink it a few times.  When we started with the fertility doctor, I had to have a 3 hour glucose test done.  It showed I was pre-diabetic.  I had the test repeated a few times after to see how my diet changes were helping.  By the time I had my GD test, the drink was NBD.

The flavor I had each time was Orange, which just seemed really weird to my tastebuds that something orange flavored was so sweet.  I have heard they make a cola flavor and I would think that its just like drinking a coke.

Also, you are lucky that you can eat before!  I had to fast each time!  That wasn't so bad when I was not PG, but the test when I was PG was the hardest!  I really wanted to eat!

The hospital I delivered at only has orange. It's not my first choice (I've heard there is a fruit punch flavor - I feel like that would be like having Kool Aid and then I would need to pair it with some crappy cheap sandwich cookies like my childhood summer camp served for afternoon snack!)

I also had to fast before my test - and my test was scheduled for lunch time. The drink wasn't great, but I was so starving by the time I had to drink the stuff that it actually went down pretty easy. 

They were so wrong for that!  Not from a medical standpoint, but from a "what kind of evil monsters" standpoint, lol.

My own doctor's office irritates me with that.  My blood sugar test (different from PG) always has to be fasting.  They will only take the blood sample for that between 9AM-10AM.  They aren't there any earlier.  I'm usually the only patient there for bloodwork right at 9AM.  By the time everyone is done gabbing about the night before, getting their coffee, putting their s**t down...it's 9:30-9:45 before they call me in.  I suggest no one be another driver anywhere near me, when I'm finally leaving the office after 10AM to head to the closest fast food place at the speed of light.  I'm hangry and I will run you down, lol.  Of course, I'm joking on the second part.  Mostly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

actually I remember reading on another forum or something when I googled it that some practices give you a certain amount of jelly beans to eat instead of the drink. I was like man I can do that no problem but mine just did the drink.

I had the fruit punch (no choice on flavor) and it was fine. I'd heard the orange was like the old McDonald's orange drink which sounded good to me too 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2018
    @short+sassy - DH talks about going to Shen Yun every year, but tickets for it are insane IMO.  Also it's in town the same weekend of Monster Jam, so DefConn wins out this year anyway.  :D 

@MissKittyDanger, they gave me my drink in advance and the nurse told me to put it in the fridge.  She said it goes down much easier.  I remember it tasting like flat orange soda.  Just down it, like the others said.   I think the grossness of it is over-stated. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Anyway, still in a weird funk.  Last night got a little hinky (DH had a huge meeting that ran really long, so our whole schedule was thrown off).  I need to call the eye doctor's office because DefConn broke his glasses, again.  *sigh*
    Didn't he just break them not too long ago?

I honestly don't know the answer to this and you may be right about charging more for grossness. I've had it from two different offices (using different brands) and neither was pleasant. It's just kind of bittery sweet - it sound contradictary but that's just how it was for me - and very syrupy. 

If it was strictly carb count and a big white chocolate macadamia cookie with some ice cream had the same number, I would eat that and give none fucks.
    *********************************************************************************

• And now that I have procrastinated all day on my timesheet.  Time to finally get to it, lol.  Because it is due in 30 minutes.

It would be so much easier and less eventful if I actually filled it out every day or two, instead of waiting until the pay period is over.  Yep.  Been telling myself that for the last 5 years, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @MissKittyDanger, they gave me my drink in advance and the nurse told me to put it in the fridge.  She said it goes down much easier.  I remember it tasting like flat orange soda.  Just down it, like the others said.   I think the grossness of it is over-stated. 
    I wish that was an option for me :( I'm doing at mine at a walk-in clinic.
    I don't mind flat soda though {I'm weird like that}
  • mrsconn23 said:

Anyway, still in a weird funk.  Last night got a little hinky (DH had a huge meeting that ran really long, so our whole schedule was thrown off).  I need to call the eye doctor's office because DefConn broke his glasses, again.  *sigh*
    Yes!  The lady who does frames and lens ordering is going to call the manufacturer since he broke them the same way twice.  She thinks it's a defect with the style.  If that's the case, they should cover a style change.  I was looking at Nike Flexons and if they approve the change, I'm going that route.  They look like a better option for my rough and tumble kiddo.  :D 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Yes!  The lady who does frames and lens ordering is going to call the manufacturer since he broke them the same way twice.  She thinks it's a defect with the style.  If that's the case, they should cover a style change.  I was looking at Nike Flexons and if they approve the change, I'm going that route.  They look like a better option for my rough and tumble kiddo.  :D 
    I think these are what H has; he's broken a few pairs and repaired them himself, but these have lasted a while. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Good luck with that!  They're kids glasses.  They should be sturdier and not breaking this easily. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker