December 2017 Weddings

Tiny intro & looking for opinions/advice

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married this December (we were engaged Feb 29 last year), and we're so excited/nervous/stressed from planning, haha :) We're having a very casual morning wedding/brunch reception, and we're working with a tiny budget, so trying to get everything settled and done is so hectic!

I must admit that I'm a little frustrated about something, though. My aunt (who is a mother figure to me) flat out told me that she isn't coming to my wedding. She's looking for every excuse in the book not to come, from prices for flights (which I understand, as the wedding is in the middle of the month and holiday flights are not cheap), to fretting about the weather, to complaining about the venue... whatever. And because she's not going, my cousins and their family aren't going either. I grew up with these people and I'm so hurt by their decision. Do I still send them an invite away, if I know they're not coming? Do I just blow them off? If you have any advice or words of comfort, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Regardless, I'm trying to focus on the positive. Hope your wedding is wonderful and joyous! Take care :)

Re: Tiny intro & looking for opinions/advice