Chit Chat

Bach party

dh961182dh961182 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2018 in Chit Chat
hello
my bachelorette party is out of town
im inviting my mom and my aunt because i am super close with them
i invited my future mil because i didn’t want her to feel left out and her daughters are going 
some how now this has turned into my fiancé’s aunts going to and then some other aunt I’ve only met once because they all always go on trips together
im trying to bite my tongue because i don’t want to be rude and i also know his mom prob wants to go because her sisters would be coming but her daughters were going to be there so it’s not like she wouldn’t know anyone 
anyways I’m to nice to say anything so I’m aure i won’t but i just kind of feel like i never invites his aunts to go and they just invited themselves and then some lady i don’t even know
end rant

Re: Bach party

• MandaLang said:
    hello
    my bachelorette party is out of town
    im inviting my mom and my aunt because i am super close with them
    i invited my future mil because i didn’t want her to feel left out and her daughters are going 
    some how now this has turned into my fiancé’s aunts going to and then some other aunt I’ve only met once because they all always go on trips together
    im trying to bite my tongue because i don’t want to be rude and i also know his mom prob wants to go because her sisters would be coming but her daughters were going to be there so it’s not like she wouldn’t know anyone 
    anyways I’m to nice to say anything so I’m aure i won’t but i just kind of feel like i never invites his aunts to go and they just invited themselves and then some lady i don’t even know
    end rant

This could be a nice way to get to know each others families better. What do you have planned for you bachelorette?
  • Ditto @ShesSoCold - I had the same questions.

If this is a destination for everyone, where are you staying? I would highly recommend to whoever is planning this that you tell everyone you're staying in XYZ hotel and to make their own arrangements. Also let everyone know they're on their own for transportation. That way, if the aunts/FMIL want to room/rent a car together, it's on them to figure it out. This will cut down significantly on difficult logistics. 

With a group this size, whoever is planning should plan one thing and then have a loose agenda. The one thing could be pedicures - e.g. "we're all getting pedicures on Saturday morning/afternoon. The cost is $50. Please let me know if you're interested by X date and I will book appointments." Then the loose agenda can be "Friday - meet at the hotel bar at 9pm; Saturday - lunch on your own; meet at XYZ restaurant at 6pm for dinner; Saturday night - 9pm XYZ bar; Sunday - 9am hotel dining room for breakfast"
    *********************************************************************************