Wedding Woes

Thursday...

2»

Re: Thursday...

• 6fsn said:
    @kimmiinthemitten I totally read that as the guy was blind and I was trying to figure out how that works

rainy and icky!!!  My dad came over to be mystery reader for Max and I'm having lunch at school with the other two. Mystery reader was a total surprise for Max and I'm dying to know how it went. 

Ive done 2 rounds of 21 day fix and lost 13 lbs. I'm at my lowest weight in probably 15 years. I was debating between cize, core de force, and Piyo next. The weather is getting nicer so I'm getting back into running. Piyo might be best since it's more weight bearing than cardio, but cize looks fun!

I did too.

@MissKittyDanger I don't think so. I've been here barely over a year and when they hired me, they didn't really even have a place for me but they liked me enough to hire me. I was an office bitch for the first several months. They actually gave me a raise because they were afraid I was going to leave because I was doing the job of a high school kid working part time and told me they were working on a bigger job for me. Then shortly thereafter they moved me here to the benefits dept.

I'm quietly working on a procedures book and I'm basically just going to give it to Boss, have him okay it (which I'm pretty confident he will) and let him just tell the other two morons that they need to follow these procedures.

I've also suggested to HR that both of the other people in this dept. take a customer service class. They have no idea how to write an email in a professional manner.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn said:
    @kimmiinthemitten I totally read that as the guy was blind and I was trying to figure out how that works

I did too.

*Raises hand* Count me as part of this too. 

• MKD - I agree with Thisismynickname, this can be totally routine and is to help rule things out.

MrsConn - That picture is perfection!

Kimmi - I too, thought the guy was blind!

We have finally booked our vacation!  We will be going to FL for a little over a week!  We will fly down the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and stay through the following Tuesday.  We will also take a little jaunt over to Disney for a few nights.  We will be mostly in Braedonton.  I can't wait!

Off to read Prudie!

• Not much to report.  We had a showing last night with a couple we had really liked.  They seemed to like the place and we all had a good rapport.  But then the showing ended without even a question as to what the "next step in the process" might be or "we're looking at three more places and will get back to you".  Nothing like that.  Usually not a good sign for interest.  Whomp-whomp.

Cute Izzy story, though.  Those potential tenants have their own dog and had talked about bringing him to meet our dog (though they didn't).  When we were showing them the backyard, we asked if they'd like to meet our dog, Izzy, and they wanted to.  In typical Izzy fashion, she goes running past my H and I...like we're just flotsam and jetsom...and runs right to the people she's never met.  To stand on her little hind legs and hop and dance, which is a transparent and effective trick she plays on people to be petted and given attention, lol.  Once she got some pets from them, she briefly left and returned to drop her ball at the guy's feet.  She is definitely a big welcoming committee in a little, fuzzy package. 

On the brighter side, and talk about a complete surprise!, one of my tenants dropped off her March rent in my mailbox yesterday.  She also paid April's rent!!!  Woo hoo!  I asked my H about it and he said she'd texted him a head's up that she had some extra money this month and wanted to get April's rent out of the way also.  I strongly suspect she must have gotten a decent tax refund.  Whatever it is, no complaints here, lol.  Not that she would have known this, but it couldn't have happened on a better month for us since we're obviously...and with less than three weeks warning...not getting rent for the now vacant unit next door.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anyone in a professional environment who sends clipped emails needs retraining in communication with others or a transfer out of that job.

@charlotte989875, I hope you find a new house soon. I'm sorry that the process of finding one has been so rough.

@MissKittyDanger, best of luck with your glucose test.

@kimmiinthemitten, I'm glad your campaign is going well.

• @jen4948 thanks. Sorry to read about your parents. You're due for a major break!!

H is meeting someone who wants to volunteer for drinks at 5. I want to crash since it's at a street taco place and I want tequila and guacamole (to go with the snowstorm I'm stuck in). Womp womp. 
  • @jen4948 thanks. Sorry to read about your parents. You're due for a major break!!

H is meeting someone who wants to volunteer for drinks at 5. I want to crash since it's at a street taco place and I want tequila and guacamole (to go with the snowstorm I'm stuck in). Womp womp. 

I don't care if tequila and guacamole originally hail from Mexico.  They're great in all forms of weather!

I loved the Avocados from Mexico Superbowl commercial, two years ago.  It was the one where it was the "beginning of time" and countries were picking their flora and fauna in a "choose your team" style.

Australia picked the kangaroo.  And the kangaroo hops over to the already chosen koala and they high-five.  (I might have that backwards)

The announcer says something like "...and Mexico chooses..."

(and it pans to the animals not picked yet...there is a polar bear wearing a sombrero who's listening with great anticipation...the announcer finishes the sentence with "avocados"...and the polar bear slumps a little and looks sad, lol)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @varunatt I am in love with how it turned out!  That looks amazing.  I have an appointment next month and no idea what to get next.

You deserve all the wine, every day.
  • Love the tattoo @VarunaTT; it looks fantastic!