Wedding Woes

Wednesday!!

13»

Re: Wednesday!!

• Jen4948 said:
    Working a temp job.

I am now the (not) proud daughter of two cancer patients. And I got 3 job rejections.

Ooooooooother than that, nice day today.

Ah, Jen!  That is so much bad news.  I am so sorry to hear about your parents.  I know how down you've been about the job situation.  I'm sure it's bitterly disappointing and a blow to morale to get 3 rejections like that.

At least you have a temp job now to help with things.  Hopefully regain some job confidence.  Is there a potential for it to go perm., in the future?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks. Yes, it just might, so I am going to do the best possible job here I can.

• @MissKittyDanger, good luck with your glucose test.
  • More government ranting...

Do you all remember when Ben Carson did his big tour of HUD housing across the U.S. shortly after being named Secretary?  And was all furious about how "comfortable" it was?  Someone should have told him that all the rats AREN'T HUD provided pets for the children, but I digress.  He didn't say that, I'm just being a b**ch because much of public housing is in deplorable condition.

Apparently he just spent $31K of tax payer money to re-do his office. 

Secretary Carson, I think YOU are too comfortable.

It was $165K. $31K was just the price tag for the dining set. WTAF. Absolute bullshit. 
  • Jen4948 said:
    Thanks. Yes, it just might, so I am going to do the best possible job here I can.

I took a temp-to-perm job about 10 years ago.  Little did I know, it would lead me on a path to decent career success.

It was an admin. asst. position with an oil and gas engineering firm.  I was taken on perm. about 4 months in.  But, unfortunately, when the housing crisis tanked the economy, the oil and gas industry went with it.  I got laid off and ended up only working there for about 10 months total.

A few days later, I saw another engineering firm looking for similar project support experience.  They told me they were originally just looking for someone with good experience, but it was huge icing on the cake that some of mine had been in engineering.

Got laid off there when the project ended two years later.  But, with the contacts I made, landed a job at my current company.  My THIRD engineering employer, lol.  Though, unfortunately, there was a one-year "lag" between those two jobs.  If only it had been as quick as between the 1st and 2nd, lol. 

You just never know when something will "click" and opportunity will find you!  Continuing to keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jen4948 - I'm so sorry. Both my parents had cancer also. It's so hard. Sending you all the strength and prayers for your folks. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm so sorry @Jen4948. *Hugs*

• Jen4948 said:
    Working a temp job.

I am now the (not) proud daughter of two cancer patients. And I got 3 job rejections.

Ooooooooother than that, nice day today.

• @short+sassy that’s kind of what happened to me. I took a temp job out of college that turned into a permanent hire and then moved up through that company and eventually got where I am. Without that first company I doubt I’d be doing what I am now as this kind of work wasn’t even on my radar 
  • @Jen4948 so sorry to hear about your parents. Cancer sucks. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Thank you.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @Jen4948 I'm so sorry. 
  • @Jen4948 I'm so sorry.  
  • Jen4948, so sorry both your parents have joined the cancer club.  Remember, I have had ten great years coping with it.  Chemo sucks, though.  I hope they have plenty of good times ahead of them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @Jen4948, I’m so sorry. My Dad was just diagnosed as well. I’m here if you ever want to talk. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018