Wedding Woes

Monday...

13»

Re: Monday...

• @missjeanlouise I would stay away from The Bump as far as forums. I found a great group there but it definitely the "excited" type of place and lots of people are very sensitive when it comes trying to have a baby and would probably not be a good outlet for you.

Re: yoga, I wouldn't worry about switching anything until your belly starts to get in the way or you feel discomfort
  • Does anyone know of any good forums? I don’t want to roll into a place full of excited, pregnant ladies, and possibly women having difficulty getting pregnant, all “who else got pregnant on accident and feels like throwing themselves over a cliff?”  I really don’t want to be insensitive but am having trouble sugar coating things right now, which I am sure will come across even worse online.

On a different note, when should I switch from regular Pilates/ yoga to prenatal? Do I need to do it now or wait till my belly makes doing the normal classes impossible?
    You may not have to change. It depends on the class and instructor. I have women who are at different stages of pregnancy in my barre class and the teacher just modifies some of the exercises for them. Talk to your teacher. I didn't do prenatal because it was so slow. I just talked to my regular teacher and she did modifications. 
  • GBCK said:
    MJL, when I went to my OB's office, the midwife started w/ "is this a wanted pregnancy?" as her question--and went from there--and said she had resources if it wasn't--and I'm guessing she did because she rocked.
    She asked but there aren’t really resources available. Abortion is not allowed here, unless you can get 2 doctors to sign off as it being medically necessary. I think that may be part of my problem because I feel so trapped, maybe if I could decide for myself it would be different.
  • kvruns said:
    @missjeanlouise I would stay away from The Bump as far as forums. I found a great group there but it definitely the "excited" type of place and lots of people are very sensitive when it comes trying to have a baby and would probably not be a good outlet for you.

Re: yoga, I wouldn't worry about switching anything until your belly starts to get in the way or you feel discomfort
    This. 
    Friends of mine were able to run 10K races until their 3rd trimester or play in 35+ rec soccer leagues. I personally was able to hop on my spin bike or do yoga (if I had the energy) until the middle of my second trimester and then I started taking it easy when we determined I was having a high-risk pregnancy and at that point I was pretty uncomfortable anyway. Just do what you are capable of, don't do hot yoga, and listen to your body. If you are uncomfortable, stop. 
  • kvruns said:
    @missjeanlouise I would stay away from The Bump as far as forums. I found a great group there but it definitely the "excited" type of place and lots of people are very sensitive when it comes trying to have a baby and would probably not be a good outlet for you.
    Agreed.
    Although it depends on the group. The June one I'm in, they're pretty good with any sensitive issues women are having, but I haven't seen anyone who has mentioned 'unplanned' - so I'm not sure how they'd handle it.

@missJeanLouise if you decide later to join, it is good for information but not unless you are ready
  • @missJeanLouise - I'm sorry you're struggling. Everyone's experience is SO different and there's nothing wrong with yours. I don't really know of any forums that aren't bursting at the seams with excited moms-to-be or people who would try and make you feel guilty "because some people can't conceive" (or whatever else). I'm happy to talk if you want to DM me. No judgement here! Some here probably recall that I was on the no-kid bandwagon for....well basically until I got pregnant with babybelle.

In terms of yoga and pilates, just ask your doctor. I'm pretty sure with yoga (if you practiced regularly before) you can do it up until you aren't comfortable anymore. Pilates is probably more limited because of the core muscles it uses. My OB said no abs past 13 weeks. Better to just ask your doc, though, and follow whatever s/he says.
    *********************************************************************************

• kvruns said:
    Agreed.
    Although it depends on the group. The June one I'm in, they're pretty good with any sensitive issues women are having, but I haven't seen anyone who has mentioned 'unplanned' - so I'm not sure how they'd handle it.

@missJeanLouise if you decide later to join, it is good for information but not unless you are ready
    I found Babycenter was good, but I heard that the American one was a little BSC. You should see if there's one in your area. If not, the Canadian one is pretty good. 
  • GBCK said:
    MJL, when I went to my OB's office, the midwife started w/ "is this a wanted pregnancy?" as her question--and went from there--and said she had resources if it wasn't--and I'm guessing she did because she rocked.
    She asked but there aren’t really resources available. Abortion is not allowed here, unless you can get 2 doctors to sign off as it being medically necessary. I think that may be part of my problem because I feel so trapped, maybe if I could decide for myself it would be different.
    Would you be able to travel back to the states, even just to talk to a different doctor? Or your old doctor? 
  • I'm sure where you're located doesn't help MJL and I'm glad you're having a better day.  I still think it's worth talking through your options with an American doctor.  Explore your options, talk them all through with professionals and your husband.  There are lots of virtual doctor clinics now; your insurance may not cover it, but it's not that much relatively speaking to in person appointments.
  • @missJeanLouise *hugs* whatever you decide, there's always options. How are you feeling so far? Is your H being understanding at least in your freak out?
    Tbh there are times I've been freaking out and based on what others have said, regardless on choices - it's normal.
  • @GBCK thanks for the referral!  A2 is only about 20 minutes from me so that's great!  I still need to find a new regular doctor since mine retired (I wasn't a huge fan of him.  He over explained everything and was clearly not a fan of the ACA which is his own prerogative but not one I needed to know as a patient)
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Kimmi, If you need deets, let me know.  They actually do impatient there, and I got to do a few things I hadn't tried elsewhere, like biofeedback and the like.
    They are the ones who put together the regimen I"m on--we've had tot change it up a lot over the years, but they're the first people who found anything at ALL that worked for me, and we've just tweaked it since.