Wedding Woes

Tuesday

What's up today?
I'm watching the weather and emails to see if practices are cancelled tonight. DH said it's been raining since 5 am at his office, but we haven't had diddly.

I've got laundry done and work done. I think Max and I will spend the afternoon making some healthy snacks.

I need some recommendations, but I'm making separate posts.

Re: Tuesday

• Day 2 of spring break and me working.  It is so hard to have the kids home and try to work.  Especially since the weather sucks.  :/ DH was all, "Why are you taking next week off?  Why not save your time off?"  I'd love for him to work from home full time with the kids around and see how productive he can be. 

Our new CEO just put out a 'rah-rah' new company video.  I guess it's supposed to be official May 1st.  I'm sure there's going to be a lot of corporate word-salad e-mails coming out in the next few weeks.  <--- Another reason I'm glad I'm off next week.  No work e-mails.  ;)

I hope I can shake my cranky mood.  Maybe lunchtime yoga will help. 

• I think we did too much this weekend. Ended up calling in sick Monday because my back was just awful :(

I got to talk to OB office - following up on the u/s from the 9th - and suggested to see RMT asap and try to not do much between now and appt on 27th.
    I'm seeing RMT on Thursday {yayyyy} and tonight is basically last time I'll be doing anything. We're going axe throwing with M's work, and I'm too excited for that to cancel - I'll just ensure I'm sitting between turns to not over do it.

I feel like OB may suggest putting me off work if this continues as bad :\

Side note, as of today M and I have been together 7 yrs :)
  • Had a productive meeting last night, another one tomorrow, and one more after that.  Doing a bunch of research on nonprofit budgeting, financial planning, and trying not to step on ED's toes.  I have no motivation at work, but I'll get through it eventually and work hard this afternoon.  My allergies are horrible, blech.
  • I think we did too much this weekend. Ended up calling in sick Monday because my back was just awful :(

I got to talk to OB office - following up on the u/s from the 9th - and suggested to see RMT asap and try to not do much between now and appt on 27th.
    I'm seeing RMT on Thursday {yayyyy} and tonight is basically last time I'll be doing anything. We're going axe throwing with M's work, and I'm too excited for that to cancel - I'll just ensure I'm sitting between turns to not over do it.

Really? Go axe throwing another time. If your back is bad enough to skip work that just seems like a terrible plan. 
  • I love working only one job at a time! Last night I was home by six, a little BCBC, cooked dinner, and was in bed by 10! I feel like a whole new person. 

Really? Go axe throwing another time. If your back is bad enough to skip work that just seems like a terrible plan. 
    Ideally with axe throwing, if you do it properly it doesn't hurt your back. I already called the place to see. They aren't heavy axes either and they give an intro
  • mrsconn23 said:

Our new CEO just put out a 'rah-rah' new company video.  I guess it's supposed to be official May 1st.  I'm sure there's going to be a lot of corporate word-salad e-mails coming out in the next few weeks.  <--- Another reason I'm glad I'm off next week.  No work e-mails.  ;)

I hope I can shake my cranky mood.  Maybe lunchtime yoga will help. 

This is all me. We're going through yet another rah rah session and I just don't have it in me. And I'm cranky, and stuff like that makes me more cranky

Ideally with axe throwing, if you do it properly it doesn't hurt your back. I already called the place to see. They aren't heavy axes either and they give an intro
    I mean.. if you think you're bad enough that the OB is going to take you off of work, you really think axe throwing isn't going to make it worse? I'm not trying to judge, but of course the axe throwing place is going to say that it's safe, but they're not exactly doctors. 
  • Happy anniversary, @MissKittyDanger!

I'm back from Spring Break :neutral:.  It was nice to have down-time, but I spent too much time grading.  And, Saturday night, out of the blue, I got a sore throat that evolved into a minor sinus infection.  So I'm starting a week of school with a raspy voice.  DH thinks it's sexy, though.

There was ANOTHER school shooting today.  https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/us/great-mills-high-school-shooting/index.html   Thankfully, no fatalities reported, but COME ON!!!  I definitely am going to the protest this weekend and a few other teachers from my school will as well.  This is getting ridiculous.  
  • Yeah MKD I'm with everyone else. "ideally" and "properly" are fine and all but are you willing to risk hurting your back more, plus confident enough to know you're doing it properly? I've been shown 100 the "proper" way to do a crunch and I still can't without messing my neck up.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Your back is already hurt. This is foolish. 
  • DLE called in sick yesterday because she didn't sleep well. Um, okay. Wouldn't you at least tell HR something else? She also texted our HR manager at 4:10 in the morning. Who does that?!?!

SSDD for me. I've got a phone meeting with my financial guy today and I'm finally getting some balls rolling on some more life insurance for us. I've only been talking about this for, oh ya know, ten years.

H has a dentist appt. tonight and I forgot it's election day. I hope he can pop in and vote before or after.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Hm ... yeh I think you all make sense. Even though they confirmed it's upper back {my issues are lower back} I think I was just thinking "I can do it. Different spot!"
    I'm still going, but I'll probably just watch everyone.

This sucks though :(
  • Hm ... yeh I think you all make sense. Even though they confirmed it's upper back {my issues are lower back} I think I was just thinking "I can do it. Different spot!"

I get this, but really you want to take care of yourself so that you don't have more problems in the future. 

I get this, but really you want to take care of yourself so that you don't have more problems in the future. 
    I'm wondering about the future too. I didn't really have back issues before {slight stiffness occasionally but nothing that was even half as bad as this} but I've preemptively got a chiropractor number if it continues after pregnancy
  • My life is so stressful right now and last night was just the perfect storm to throw me over the cliff.  Here is the gist:

• Still no renter for the other unit of my personal duplex.  Inquiries have totally dried up.  Going to try and do short-term rental (AirBnB) for April and first weekend in May.  Lots of big events going on, especially Jazz Fest.  Will keep up the perm. ad and, if we don't see much movement, lower the rent substantially around mid-April.
    • Rental Unit A -- my tenant on Section 8 (housing assistance) who is a PITA always pays late.  But there has been an extra bad turn of events.  Her employer pays her on one of those money cards.  Supposedly, it was hacked on the 10th.  Employer was supposed to replace her card with a new one in 2 days with the money lost back on it.  10 days later and she still doesn't have it.  She seemed genuine and truly upset on the 10th when it happened, but now I'm wondering if it was all a lie.  If it is, I'm not getting my money and I will have to evict her.  Which will put me another month without her portion of that rent.  I told her I hated to do it considering the circumstances, but gave her a 5-Day Pay or Quit notice on Sat.
    • Just to add more icing on that s**t cake for Rental Unit A.  Section 8 did their annual inspection last week.  One of the items we have to correct is taking the a/c window units out of two of the bedroom windows because of egress concerns.  Technically, I'm not required to provide a/c.  But nobody is going to live somewhere in Louisiana without it.  I have no solutions for what to do.  I'd rather give the tenant the option to leave...that's of course if I don't evict her first! (eye roll)...than replace the HVAC system.  I would then fix up the house and sell it.
    • Rental Unit B -- In the same set of mail with the fail inspection report, I got a notice that Section 8 had come out for their annual inspection on March 15th and no one was there.  The next and "final" inspection will be March 22nd.  This is a different property.  Don't ask me why they apparently booked those inspections back to back but, whatever.  At any rate, it's the tenant's responsibility to be there.  We spoke to our tenant last night.  Neither we nor her got any notice that the inspection was on March 15th.  Those stupid, f**king, incompetent jerks at HANO (local agency that administers Sec. 8 program).  She verified she'll be there on March 22nd, but still.
    • Rental Unit C -- this tenant has been a problem almost since she moved in.  Always paying rent short and very late.  She's had a lot of "issues" that we've been trying to work with.  But she told a major lie to us this month and we're done with her games.  Her one-year lease was up earlier in the month.  Her rent is due on the 10th.  She said and, if history repeats itself, that she'll be paying it on the 23rd.  She said it will be "caught up", but I'm sure she'll give us $900 ($230 short), like she has for the past 3 months.  We'll be giving her a 30-Day Notice to Vacate and soon as she has done that.

So, worst case scenario, we're not getting rent for HALF our units (3/6) in April.  Might have 1-2 evictions.  And will have two vacancies to fill, plus another house to do work on and then put up for sale.  Really, really, when you have great tenants, landlording is easy and great.  I've had bad luck with a few, including Unit C person, because I wasn't being stringent enough in the past with my screenings.  That has changed and we do things very differently now with potential tenants.

And the cherry on top.  I finally called Cox Communications to find out why my On Demand service hasn't worked, ever since I dropped one of my "packs" back in Jan.  Don't ask me why I chose "unhappy night" to do this, but I did.  I was assured back in Jan. that my On Demand would work like it always did.  Except it hasn't.  First guy I spoke to wasn't sure what the problem was and also wasn't sure why I wasn't getting IDHD and the Travel Channel.  I told him the Jan. person said I wouldn't.  He gives me hope that isn't correct and I might get those two channels back.  He doesn't know why I don't have them.  He doesn't know why my On Demand isn't working.  He puts in a Help Desk ticket.

A few hours later, my HGTV channel....which I've always gotten...is now saying I need a subscription.  Awesome.  I called for help and apparently now seem to be in a worse situation.  So I call back.  Talk to a different person and get the real story.  The Jan. person was correct.  When I dropped the pack back in Jan., I shouldn't be receiving IDHD, Travel, or HGTV.  I told him they SAID I should be receiving HGTV and I've had it the whole time, until tonight.  Oh, huh.  He doesn't know why I've been getting HGTV, because I shouldn't have been.  Even though I was specifically promised that channel.

And, oh yes, I should be getting On Demand with my current package.  But there is currently a software glitch that they are "working on", ie might fix one day.  Strange this software glitch apparently only affects the two lowest tier packages.  "Lowest tier" that still sets me back $90/month, mind you.  That's just for the cable tv portion of my bill.

But they're a monopoly for my area and most of the areas they are in.  So they lie and "bait and switch" their customers all the time, with no repercussions.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I'm wondering about the future too. I didn't really have back issues before {slight stiffness occasionally but nothing that was even half as bad as this} but I've preemptively got a chiropractor number if it continues after pregnancy
    I would ask the RMT and your OB what they think is causing the pain (never been pregnant so not sure if this is typical) and go from there. Maybe it will subside after birth, maybe you'll need to see a physical therapist to strengthen muscles after the birth. But really, there's no way to know or plan for what is going to happen in the future. I know that's often hard to deal with, but sometimes with injuries or medical issues you have to follow the treatment plan that is in front of you. 

Also, in your first post you said the OB suggested not doing much until the 27th? I think there is your answer for axe throwing.
  • Oh, no, S&S! I hope things get better and you can get some good, long-term renters in your places ASAP!
  • Hi everyone! 

@short+sassy that really sucks. I’m sorry. And cable companies are infuriating. We don’t even have cable anymore. Just Netflix, Hulu and Prime. Dealing with cable for my parents was the last straw for me. 

MKD—do not go axe throwing. That’s just foolish.

I have to go to the mall that’s far away today because I bought a pair of shoes and they gave me two different sizes. I didn’t realize it until I was home. I’m annoyed because that mall is out of my way and it’s just a waste of time to go there.  Yesterday was more or less a recovery day from Vegas. I cleaned up the kitchen, unpacked, and was able to meet a friend for dinner. We finally exchanged Christmas presents, only three months late. 

There’s supposed to be a huge storm here this week. I’ll believe it when I see it. It also means I should get over to the mall before it starts and people turn into idiots on the road. 

• @short+sassy that sounds like one big cluster.  I hope it ends up better than you think.

Indulge me if you will, as I am intrigued by your rental business:
    1. is there a reason why you accept Section 8? Does that make it better or worse to get paid, usually?
    2. For the Section 8 that needs the A/C issue, assuming you evict her, could you still rent it just not as a Section 8 rental and therefore not have to fix the window unit issue? 

I would ask the RMT and your OB what they think is causing the pain (never been pregnant so not sure if this is typical) and go from there. Maybe it will subside after birth, maybe you'll need to see a physical therapist to strengthen muscles after the birth. But really, there's no way to know or plan for what is going to happen in the future. I know that's often hard to deal with, but sometimes with injuries or medical issues you have to follow the treatment plan that is in front of you. 

Also, in your first post you said the OB suggested not doing much until the 27th? I think there is your answer for axe throwing.
    OB thinks it's what's called 'round ligament pain' - apparently pretty common, and she could pin point the area of pain by reaching and pressing on the area. I planned on double checking with RMT to ensure it is.

After baby, I plan on getting into yoga - half to give myself something I can do out of the house, half to help encourage me to get in better shape - since I just found a place near my house I can sign up for classes. Plus they have other stuff happening, so if I wanna join another class it's no extra charge :) {like kickboxing lol}
  • Good luck to BIL and GF!  You may already know this, but being induced can still take a long time, so it might be tomorrow before the baby is born.
  • @ShesSoCold Birthing/baby vibes!!!
  • MKD - Glad you changed your mind on the axe throwing.  I was lucky in that I had no back pain during pregnancy, but I think that was very much due to my 2x weekly yoga class.  I have been having lower back pain now that DD is 22 lbs.  Its the right lower back, so its the side I favor and I'm always sticking out that hip to help hold her up.  So while your back pain may subside after pregnancy, it may come back.  Round Ligament pain is common in pregnancy.

S+S - I hope you get a new tenant soon and your other situations work out too.  As for your cable situation, do you have a board of public utilities?  We have one in NJ and they will help out in situations like yours.  I had to contact them when I didn't know how to contact Verizon or Comcast about trimming vegetation off of power lines.  But they are also supposed to help with issues like yours.

I was logged out of TK all morning.  I was trying to post a WTF type of Ask Amy letter, but I couldn't log in at all.  So that's why I'm just now joining the party!

Last night was fine.  I think DD is fighting something, she has had rosy cheeks and a runny nose.  She hasn't had a fever though, so I'm hoping its just a quick virus that run through her.  I hate seeing her sick.

We are currently getting snow.  We are getting like back to back nor'easters today and tomorrow.  Today was supposed to be a mix, but its been steady snow since 11 am.  It is supposed to stop for a little bit before the next storms starts up.  They said up to 8 inches of snow, but since it started with snow, I have a feeling we will be higher than 8.  The only good thing about March snows is that it is usually gone quick.  Just hope that Mother Nature decides to allow spring in and keep it around!

And I actually have to stop for milk on the way home.  We are out.  I'm not looking forward to the zoo that will be Shop Rite!

• @OliveOilsMom I remember seeing somewhere about a belt that basically is like a fanny pack {since you can also hold small things in it} and you can hold your child on your hip without disrupting your back .... 

This is basically best I could find, idk brand but google says 'hipseat baby carrier'
    Image result for toddler carrying belt
  • @OliveOilsMom I remember seeing somewhere about a belt that basically is like a fanny pack {since you can also hold small things in it} and you can hold your child on your hip without disrupting your back .... 

This is basically best I could find, idk brand but google says 'hipseat baby carrier'
    If you're going to do something like this, I would just recommend a carrier. Go for a Boba, Tula or Kinderpack. 

If you're going to do something like this, I would just recommend a carrier. Go for a Boba, Tula or Kinderpack. 
    KINDERPACK! That's the one I heard about! I couldn't remember the name for the life of me! Thank youuu