Wedding Woes

Thursday

The poor kiddo has an awful toothache.  Our dentist's office can get him in today and over my lunch.  Score!  I hope it doesn't run too long over lunch, but if it does...oh well.   They are 2 min from my house.  I hope they can get him fixed up.  He's miserable.  Thankfully our dentist has wifi, so DefConn can chill with the iPad. 

I've hit an adulting wall this week.  DH is in the same place.  I did wake up with "One Day More" in my head since I just have to get through tomorrow and then I'm off for a week.  

Yay for Prudie day. 

Re: Thursday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    7:30 ortho appointment. Ugh. Now I'm sitting in drop off line.  

I totally feel you on adulting. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through spring break next week. I'm HOPING for one decent day so we can take a day trip for a little hike. 
  • SSC awww that's great you got to visit and it sounds like BIL really wants to work on a close relationship
  • @mrsconn23 Are you doing anything on your week off or is it just 'me time' ?
    Poor kiddo, toothaches are no fun :(

@ShesSoCold Aww BIL <3 Congrats to them :)
    Omg your BIL and H moment is making me teary!

SSDD at work mostly. I have folding to do for tax stuff. Joy. *sigh*

Tonight is my RMT appt, and I've gotta call my granny about my uncle's hours. He's going to come help M bring some things {tv stand & tv} to the basement and since he's offered to paint, we're gonna discuss about that {date, etc} and see if we have everything he needs. We're gonna try to get everything moved outta the room before he comes to paint, which will make the other rooms look really cluttered for now .... BUT at least that means after we can start setting stuff up! {which makes me super excited}

We just got the last tax form, so we're getting our taxes done now :) I had some questions preemptively answered for BabyKitten next year - to make sure we're claiming her properly, etc.

Question - if I'm looking for silver metallic stars {stick on}, would Amazon or Etsy be the place you ladies suggest?
  • That's sweet @ShesSoCold; sometimes big life events can bring people together. 

Not much here, a bunch of meetings today, trying to get some projects off my desk by the weekend and still dealing with H's grumpiness about work. He's bummed, but doesn't want to talk about, but is sulking. I get it, I really do, but the sulking/not talking to me bugs me. Then he's all about BCBC; like okay you don't actually want to talk with me or have a conversation, but that's all good? Hopefully this weekend will be better. We're taking off early tomorrow to look at houses then going out to dinner. Hopefully a little break will be good. 
  • If there's anything that annoys me it's when I send an email and the response I get from a person asks me something that THEY WOULD KNOW IF THEY READ THE DAMN EMAIL!
  • Ugh I have to have a cavity filled this weekend! Sucky tooth week for a lot of us!

We met Nephew last night. He's healthy and super quiet so far. BIL apparently cried nearly nonstop for the first 4 year of his life, so here's hoping he's not like his daddy! But I nearly cried. His middle name is H's name. H's name is a family name but BIL flat out said he named him after H, not dad's middle name or Grandpa.

My little Grinch heart grew 2 sizes. Here we were thinking we wouldn't even be treated as family at all and we were the first on our side to be invited to see him (the hospital has a 2 visitor max) and the first siblings. BIL kind of pulled H aside and told him the same things H has been thinking - that he wants to be closer and he's an adult now and he wants them to be friends.

I'm so excited. I don't have a close relationship with my brother or his kids so we're excited to be a "real" aunt and uncle.

Aww I got teary reading this! I'm so happy for y'all!
  • banana468 said:
    If there's anything that annoys me it's when I send an email and the response I get from a person asks me something that THEY WOULD KNOW IF THEY READ THE DAMN EMAIL!
    story of my life
  • kvruns said:
    banana468 said:
    If there's anything that annoys me it's when I send an email and the response I get from a person asks me something that THEY WOULD KNOW IF THEY READ THE DAMN EMAIL!
    story of my life
    1) Customer asks for recommendations on their problem.   
    2) Our team recommends solutions and I send email.
    3) Customer emails this morning saying that THEY recommend some solutions (we are not in the same industry - WE are the experts) and one of the solutions was IN MY DAMN EMAIL!

Finally - please don't ask me for recommendations and send an email basically stating that you have some recommendations of your own.   It comes across as condescending whether you like it or not and makes me feel like I wasted my time with my team.   

• banana468 said:
    3) Customer emails this morning saying that THEY recommend some solutions (we are not in the same industry - WE are the experts) and one of the solutions was IN MY DAMN EMAIL!

Finally - please don't ask me for recommendations and send an email basically stating that you have some recommendations of your own.   It comes across as condescending whether you like it or not and makes me feel like I wasted my time with my team.   

It would be tempting to reply back.  Bold the section in the e-mail chain where you all had made the same recommendation.  With the words, "Agreed.  Great minds think alike."  They might only slightly suspect the last line is sarcastic, but you'll know it is, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:

It would be tempting to reply back.  Bold the section in the e-mail chain where you all had made the same recommendation.  With the words, "Agreed.  Great minds think alike."  They might only slightly suspect the last line is sarcastic, but you'll know it is, lol.
    I copy and paste previous emails that state the exact same thing or forward previous emails that state the same thing with: "as per my previous email". I do passive agressive when you piss me off. 
  • Hey everybody!
    Just resurfacing after I got a hefty deadline out the door! Babypants' school closed at 3pm yesterday afternoon for the blizzard we never ended up getting. Arrrghhh. The plus side is that since I picked her up in the afternoon, she wasn't as wiped out as she is when I pick her up at the end of the day. So I got lots of belly giggles. 

We ended up getting a whopping inch of snow - most of which has melted. But that didn't stop one of the entry level people on my team from emailing in saying she was going to work from home today because of the snow (what?) but since she was having troubles connecting to our drive through VPN we should just call her cell phone if we needed anything. Ummmmm, no. This is New England - you grew up in a town outside of Boston - and we got AN INCH OF SNOW. The roads are bare. If you can't connect through VPN you get your ass into the office and work. We will have IT sort out your issue. What in the everlasting hell, people!

• They let us go at 1 yesterday because of the storm.  Roads weren't too bad on the drive home.  I even stopped for pizza!  A customer told the owner they should close for a state of emergency next time - I though "Dude, you are benefitting from him being open right now!"

We got about 8 inches of snow.  It was all the heavy wet snow too.  H snow blowed last night and got most of it out of the way.  Another inch or so laid after that, so he had a little bit of shoveling to do.  Funny thing, he went to start the snow blower and the pull cord came off in his hand!  He never even noticed it fraying!  Thankfully we have an optional plug in start, so that go it going!  Otherwise, H would have been in a foul mood! LOL!

I made chicken and waffles for dinner while H worked outside.  He was really excited to see that I made it.  It's been awhile since we've had it!  I even made the Jiffy corn mix waffles.  YUMMMMMMM

H is off today and I had an hour delay.  So I'm at the office and he is home with DD.  We didn't bother to call and see if daycare was open, we just thought it would be better to not have to drive her anywhere, since H was going to be home anyway.

SSC - Congrats on the baby and the closer relationship between H & BIL!  That story melted my heart too! And I'm close to Grinch like too! ;)

Sparkle- That reminds me of a former co-worker.  She would call out anytime it snowed.  She had no kids, so that was never a reason.  But she always said her town had more snow than anyone else in the area!  She once said her town got 8 inches, when everywhere else got around 2. 

• Well, the kiddo's dentist appt was short.  We were referred out to an endodontist for a root canal.  He was given an antibiotic in the meantime.  At least I can handle this next week when I'm off work and didn't have any plans.  I'm hoping I can find someone to hang with DefConn.  If not, oh well.  

Poor guy though.  Sucky thing to do over break.  
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    Prudie day!

I hope Kiddo feels better!

That was so sweet @ShesSoCold

I hope everything works out @lyndausvi!

I have an interview today that I’m already stressing about.  I don’t even want to be at this clinic. All they do is internal med. It’s supposed to be my Women’s Health semester. I don’t know why my school even set this up. And I can’t say anything because when one of my classmates tried to address it (she’s in peds), it turned into a screaming match with the clinical director trying to force her to sign something saying she was refusing the clinical site. And this classmate is the stereotype of chill. It wasn’t the student that lost their shit. I was able to find a second site but the school isn’t cooperating. They told me to do the opposite of what the person willing to precept me said. Um, if I have a site, you bend to their rules, you don’t try to force them to yours. That’s how you burn bridges. And the site I found does women’s health, pediatrics, and might be able to keep me for the whole next year. But sure, by all means, fuck that up. Sorry, I’m just super bitter and over it. And also stressed about the interview because I dont know what is expected and of course I still want to do well. Ugh. 

• They let us go at 1 yesterday because of the storm.  Roads weren't too bad on the drive home.  I even stopped for pizza!  A customer told the owner they should close for a state of emergency next time - I though "Dude, you are benefitting from him being open right now!"

We got about 8 inches of snow.  It was all the heavy wet snow too.  H snow blowed last night and got most of it out of the way.  Another inch or so laid after that, so he had a little bit of shoveling to do.  Funny thing, he went to start the snow blower and the pull cord came off in his hand!  He never even noticed it fraying!  Thankfully we have an optional plug in start, so that go it going!  Otherwise, H would have been in a foul mood! LOL!

I made chicken and waffles for dinner while H worked outside.  He was really excited to see that I made it.  It's been awhile since we've had it!  I even made the Jiffy corn mix waffles.  YUMMMMMMM

H is off today and I had an hour delay.  So I'm at the office and he is home with DD.  We didn't bother to call and see if daycare was open, we just thought it would be better to not have to drive her anywhere, since H was going to be home anyway.

SSC - Congrats on the baby and the closer relationship between H & BIL!  That story melted my heart too! And I'm close to Grinch like too! ;)

Sparkle- That reminds me of a former co-worker.  She would call out anytime it snowed.  She had no kids, so that was never a reason.  But she always said her town had more snow than anyone else in the area!  She once said her town got 8 inches, when everywhere else got around 2. 

LOL I would have called her bluff on that. 
  • @lyndausvi I was just thinking about you the other day! Sending you and H good vibes. I wish him the best with his surgery and I hope your meeting with the summer boss goes well!

@mrsconn23 a root canal?! Oh, poor kiddo!!!

• @mrsconn23 a root canal?! Oh, poor kiddo!!!
    Yeah. He has a crown on the tooth, but we were warned that it was probably not a permanent solution. 

He's fuh-reaking out.  "Let's just wait a few days and see if it gets better."  Ummm...no?   ;)

Image result for not how this works gif
  • Lynda - ::waves hi:: That stinks you never picked up on snow production.  But remember, climate change isn't real!  Good luck to your DH on his surgery!  Wishing for a good position for you this summer!

MrsConn - Oh no!  Not root canal!  Hope the doctor gets the nerve the first time!

Sparkle - She was a special kind of person, it didn't matter if you called her out!  You just accepted her as she was.  

• @lyndausvi, good to hear from you again!  I'm glad things have been busy for you and hope everything goes well with your H's surgery.  I would try to end his "fatalist" talk on food items that, although it might be a very long time, it's my understanding that eventually no particular food is totally off-limits, they just have to stay small portions and be healthier, more nutritious stuff the majority of the time.  I am cracking up with you at "Director of Mobile Beverage Services".  I'll cross my fingers that you're offered a great position for the summer.

@mrsconn23, huh!  I've had a root canal twice and they were always done by my "general dentistry" dentist.  Those were both when I was an adult, though, so maybe it's different for children.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 Yikes! Poor kiddo :( I've heard if they do a crown on the tooth, you can almost guarantee there will be a root canal later.
  • My ADD is like this today and I have so much to do at work today!  But Nugget is here and I have zero motivation.  Tomorrow we're doing an invite only tasting of our new menu and I'm looking forward to it, but did I mention the Nugget is here?!

@ShesSoCold that story gave me all the feels.
  • @kimmiinthemitten If Nugget is there, I'm not surprised you can't work ;)
    We'll she's in the same State....Michiman, if you ask her.

Seems legit.

When my niece (M) was little, probably 3ish, she got very offended when people used the word European.

Because she heard it as and thought it meant, "You're a peein'. "

I was back home visiting and was reading to her from an informational book (but geared toward kids) about animals.  I would tell her what each animal was as we flipped the pages.  When we got to "European jackrabbit", she scowled at me and said, "No, it isn't!"  I was super confused and pointed to the words and told her that was what they said.  She scolded me and said, "Aunt Jenny, that's not a nice word to say."

My sister heard the second half of this exchange and was dying of laughter.  She clued me in on what I was missing.  She had been down this road before, but attempted again to explain to M that Europe is a place.  And things/people/animals that come from that place are referred to as European.  And that it has nothing to do with peeing at all.  M maintained her pouty, suspicious face.  I don't think she believed us, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker