Wedding Woes

Another day, another sick kid

2»

Re: Another day, another sick kid

• Poor 6let! 

Thanks! @TrixieJess

@ShesSoCold we ate family meals at the dinner table growing up. FI and I are really bad about it though unless I’ve cooked a really nice formal type dinner, usually on a special occasion. 

I had mandatory training at work this morning. At least it was only an hour. Plans today include gym and studying for an exam tomorrow. 

Re: morning workouts. I kind of want to try to do them again but I just hate mornings so much. I definitely can’t do them before work. 

• Work vent:
    I just got a terse email from a "client" on a project. I do some filings for another company that my firm has a relationship with. We do these filings while most brokers dont, so this other firm send their clients to me for filings. They told me about a client who needed one, I've been asking for the info for months because there's a financial penalty on the line that is accruing. The other broker office finally got me what I needed today so I reached out to the client (at broker's request) so let her know the filing would be ready, here's what to do etc. The client sends me 2 crappy emails about how it was supposed to be done back in Nov when she first asked for it to be done. 

Well you may have asked your broker for it in Nov but I wasn't told about it until January and I just got the stuff today.  The other broker is cc on my email so I'm hoping she jumps in to respond since I don't want it to look like my firm did anything wrong. Not to mention I gave their broker a bunch of advice on how to minimize their penalty in the first place - it would have been way worse the way their broker wanted to do it. 
  • kvruns said:
    Work vent:
    I just got a terse email from a "client" on a project. I do some filings for another company that my firm has a relationship with. We do these filings while most brokers dont, so this other firm send their clients to me for filings. They told me about a client who needed one, I've been asking for the info for months because there's a financial penalty on the line that is accruing. The other broker office finally got me what I needed today so I reached out to the client (at broker's request) so let her know the filing would be ready, here's what to do etc. The client sends me 2 crappy emails about how it was supposed to be done back in Nov when she first asked for it to be done. 

Well you may have asked your broker for it in Nov but I wasn't told about it until January and I just got the stuff today.  The other broker is cc on my email so I'm hoping she jumps in to respond since I don't want it to look like my firm did anything wrong. Not to mention I gave their broker a bunch of advice on how to minimize their penalty in the first place - it would have been way worse the way their broker wanted to do it. 
    I'd tag your supervisor on a forward with a "hey, can you follow up and let them know what's going on?" It usually prods them into action. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Sometimes DH works out before work.  In case you don't know, he's usually at his desk by 5:30 so before work is EXTRA EXTRA early.  It's why I feel like a slug if I "sleep in" until 6:30. 

• edited March 2018
    6fsn said:

Sometimes DH works out before work.  In case you don't know, he's usually at his desk by 5:30 so before work is EXTRA EXTRA early.  It's why I feel like a slug if I "sleep in" until 6:30. 

Your H might be insane .... kudos to him being up that early though lol

also 6:30am is hard, that's when my alarm goes off
  • 6fsn said:

I thought DH getting up at 4am to workout was early.  Does Mr. 6 go to bed before the kids? :) 
  • Lately I've been getting up at 3 a.m. or 4.  Since I'm up, and can't go back to bed that's when I'll do it.  But then I go back to bed and can sleep for 2 hours more.  I dunno, it's working for me.

• mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

I thought DH getting up at 4am to workout was early.  Does Mr. 6 go to bed before the kids? :) 

Man, I was patting myself on the back for 5:30! I'd have to go to bed by like 7 to get up that early!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

He goes to bed before 6let:)  8 for M2 and Max, 8:30 for him 9 for 6let.

I asked 6let's soccer coach for rosters for spring games so we can make sure we have someone to drive him.  His reply "the games are right around the same time in the same place"  Um, sure their within an 1.5 of each other, but that's not "about the same time."  3 kids, 3 soccer, and a few weekends there will be 2 kids in 2 baseball games.  "about the same time" doesn't cut it.

• mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Man, I was patting myself on the back for 5:30! I'd have to go to bed by like 7 to get up that early!
    Same! As it is to get up at 5:30 I want to be in bed by 9.
  • I'm coming down with what feels like a doozy of a cold. Going to prescribe myself some wine this evening.