Ohio-Toledo

new to area

Hello ladies!  My wedding is in Cincinnati, where I grew up, so I've mostly been on the Cincinnati board.  We just moved here about 7 months ago....now that I know we will be here for good (we are building a house in Perrysburg) I need some suggestions.  Where is a good place to get a mani/pedi?  A good place for an eye brow wax?  Also, I'm looking for a nice boutique to get jeans (Sevens, Joes Jeans, etc.) I've been going back to Cincinnati for all of this, but I need to finally find somewhere here. 

Re: new to area

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!  I go to Leah at Salon Soto in Perrysburg for all my waxing. I love love love her.  And then Venision in Perrysburg at Levis Commons for my mani/pedi.  I know some people just don't like there, but I've never had any problems. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    i love jonathon koi in maumee for nails, very clean and really nice!!! I also am looking for some where for waxes (i just moved here also)!! What kind of waxes to you get at SOTO, kelly?  I am looking to do a brazillan before the wedding, and not sure where to go!??! very nervous, and want to go to reputable place!!
  • edited December 2011

I do it all - eyebrows, underarms, half leg and brazilian.  Leah is very good.  She has the perfect hands to put pressure in the right spots away to take any pain that maybe there away.  Have you ever had a brazilian done before?  If not, I have so much advise!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

How long does the waxing last? And how soon before should you get it done? Now you've got me interested too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the area! :)

I also recommend Jonathon Khoi for the mani/pedi.  They're really awesome there and it's clean and modern.  I go to Mandy and love her. :):)

I don't do waxing, so no great recs there.    As for the jeans, I don't know of any boutiques that sell those  brands, only bigger chain stores.   There are several boutiques in downtown Perrysburg that you could check out though.  I don't think any of them carry those specific brands, but it might be worth a look.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    You should get it done at least once before the wedding, to make sure you have no reactions - so technically you'll be doing it twice before the wedding.  I go every 3 weeks.  But, if after the first time you have no reaction, you can do it the day or two before the wedding. 

You have to stop shaving two weeks before you get it done.  On the day you do it, I suggest no caffienne (something about it intensifies the pain I guess), taking as many advil as you can handle about an hour and a half before the appointment (I do 4) and buy this cream called RELAX AND WAX.  I get it on amazon but you can buy it at the salon too.  You'll want to rub that on the area about an hour and then again a half hour before the appointment.  Put it on thick, like diaper rash cream.  And put extra attention on your pelvic bone area, as that is the spot that hurts the most during a brazilion.

Just a side note, the waxing is really not all that bad.  (And the more you do it, the easier it gets.)  I was in more pain with anticipation than the actual process.  And Leah at Soto is absolutely fantastic.  I went another salon to have it done my first time because I had been going to Leah for so long and was embarressed about having her do it.  BIG MISTAKE.  The other salon had me in so much pain and did a horrible job.  The girl kept asking me if I wanted to stop and telling me it was gonna get worse, like she wanted me to give up.  Leah would never do that.  I mean, if you needed her to stop, she would. 

Anyways.... sorry this is so long.... but if anyone has any other questions, I'm happy to help.  I love having waxing done!  It's made my life so much easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards