Getting in Shape
Options

last minute weight loss/inches - worried about dress

Hi All, 

So over the weekend my mom started to pick at me about hoping my dress still fits. Saying I was looking heavy. She can sometimes fixate on things to cause some problems. Her obsession on weight and weight loss is not a new thing. I do not necessarily think I have gained weight but of course stepping on a scale is something I avoid as I can share similar obsessions. 

So after that I went to the bridal salon yesterday and tried my dress on. It still fits! But honestly, I don't feel I see myself clearly in the mirror. The dress fit fully zippered and buttoned, its long sleeves and illusion until lower waist. It did feel a slightly tight in my back (which has always been a thing since I was a kid, so not surprised) and it i fitted at the side seams. I was told that area might not need to be altered and that when side seams are altered in a dress like that they are adjusted to be fitted like how it was currently sitting on me. I am concerned about that area growing tighter in the next few weeks! Appearing too tight by the time my first alteration appointment rolls around which is the 28th of this month. 
It would be nice for there to be just a pinch of wiggle room in that area. Please don't misunderstand me when I say that, the side seams aren't about to bust when I breath or anything. I just don't want it to look like there is a roll there because it could be too tight. 

I am just wondering if anyone has tips on last minute weight loss or inch loss? I am watching diet - not over eating, consuming lean meats and high protein meals, veggies, etc. I have now cut out alcohol and sweet treats...which is sometimes difficult as I like a little treat in the evening!...but I am doing it! I have read about psyllium husk which I plan to incorporate in my diet for fiber. Working on increasing my water intake. Also, I am exercising pretty much every day, either run/walking one day or swimming the next when. I will probably increase it so I include this type of activity during the weekend so maybe 6 days a week.

Just wondering if anyone has recommendation as to what could boost my efforts in now such a short time frame. I am also trying not to panic.

Thanks for your time and thoughts on this! 

Re: last minute weight loss/inches - worried about dress

• Options
    Honestly, it sounds like you have a good handle on diet and exercise, so I don't know what else you could be doing? Also, if it fits now, I don't see why (unless you go completely off the rails) it wouldn't fit in a few weeks. Only suggestion I would have would to be to get some excellent shapewear for under? But it seems like you might be getting worked up over nothing. 
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    Honestly, it sounds like you have a good handle on diet and exercise, so I don't know what else you could be doing? Also, if it fits now, I don't see why (unless you go completely off the rails) it wouldn't fit in a few weeks. Only suggestion I would have would to be to get some excellent shapewear for under? But it seems like you might be getting worked up over nothing. 
    Thanks for your replay here too, MRDCLe. Shapewear is something I have been thinking about. Since part of the dress is illusion I am a little unsure what kind I should invest in thought. 
    I am sure I am getting a little nervous and worked up, that I won't deny at all. I guess what I am not prepared for is ongoing comments over the next few weeks from family. If I put extra effort into it maybe they will keep them at bay. 
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    Thanks for your replay here too, MRDCLe. Shapewear is something I have been thinking about. Since part of the dress is illusion I am a little unsure what kind I should invest in thought. 
    I am sure I am getting a little nervous and worked up, that I won't deny at all. I guess what I am not prepared for is ongoing comments over the next few weeks from family. If I put extra effort into it maybe they will keep them at bay. 
    When you go for your fitting, the seamstress may be able to recommend a style or type of shapewear that would work around the dress. Or order a few different styles from somewhere like Macy's or Kohl's that allows in-store returns, and bring them with you when you go for your final fitting.

I think you've got a good handle on things, but I know it's hard not to worry. You're taking the right steps as far as healthy behaviors are concerned, and most anything that says it will help you lose weight quickly is a scam or bad for you or both.