Wedding Woes

Early Tuesday

2»

Re: Early Tuesday

• Just sitting here, past my due date, waiting to have this baby.
    Image result for waiting gif

I was wondering about you yesterday!  I thought I had remembered your saying the baby was due the beginning of April.  And I'd seen you posting but hadn't seen an announcement and was wondering if Baby was taking their time.  Maybe it will be a creative soul who likes to stop and smell the roses :).

Crossing my fingers it's soon for you! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Are either of you handy? Doing some work on the deck yourselves to fix any bad boards and that way you still get the kitchen
    God no LOL.  I'm handy-ish, but not in a great way.  For example, I build all the Ikea furniture.  Four years ago I installed our light fixture and it worked great until about 6 months ago, despite hanging on an angle.

H doesn't even know what a hammer is.  I'm being facetious of course, but he's that bad.
  • kvruns said:
    Are either of you handy? Doing some work on the deck yourselves to fix any bad boards and that way you still get the kitchen
    God no LOL.  I'm handy-ish, but not in a great way.  For example, I build all the Ikea furniture.  Four years ago I installed our light fixture and it worked great until about 6 months ago, despite hanging on an angle.

H doesn't even know what a hammer is.  I'm being facetious of course, but he's that bad.
    LOL that is totally me and my family. My H is super handy which is really helpful and it saves a lot of money (although sometimes I think he also comes up with projects just bc he likes to do that stuff)
  • Just sitting here, past my due date, waiting to have this baby.
    Oh no!  I bet you've been ready for a few weeks now.  Time to make unbreakable plans?! Prepay a hotel room?  ;) 

For Babybelle:

Image result for eviction notice gif

• mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    We used to carry a lower deductible, but it actually made a difference with 3 cars insured to raise it.   We'll adjust again if the kiddo and his car are ever off our policy.  I review it about once a year and make adjustments as needed.  There are very few uninsured drivers around here because having insurance is required by law and there are harsh penalties for not carrying it. 
    This boggles my mind. In Ontario you can lose your license if you don't have insurance. 
    Same here, but people still risk it.  I think 1st offense is a fine and a suspended license. You can't reinstate until you have proof of insurance. 

There are states that don't require car insurance or the laws are very lax.  

Car insurance is required in my state, but that still doesn't mean people carry it.  I also suspect the 1st (or more) offenses is a fee and a suspended license.  But I'm sure the suspended license is reinstated, as soon as there is proof of insurance.  People need proof of insurance to do almost anything at the OMV.

I didn't have car insurance on a car I wasn't driving.  I went to renew my license and there was a hold on it, because of that.  It wasn't suspended, though.  It was a hold.  Which meant I could still legally drive, but couldn't do anything with my license.  A "hold" I hadn't been made aware of, but that is a rant for another day.

The OMV office I was in couldn't do anything about it and I had to make an "on the fly" call to Baton Rouge.  I had actually sold the car at some point anyway.  Will wonders never cease, I actually got in touch with the right person on the phone.  They reduced the fee, when they saw the car had been sold.  She said their systems would immediately reflect the new fee and I could pay for it at the OMV I was at.  I did that and then renewed my license.  I was amazed it hadn't turned into a multi-day, multi-trip event.

BUT I'm sure it is a much different offense if a person is caught driving a car that is not insured.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another busy morning here!  I still have a lot more to do, just no time crunch.  I have an appointment at 1:30 to have my TSA Precheck interview.  So I will be leaving for that in about an hour.  H is getting his done later in the week, so it will hopefully make it easier to go through security at the airport with DD.  Since we are also planning for Hawaii 2018, I think it makes sense to pay the extra money for the background check.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What’s the point of alkaline water? 
  • 6fsn said:
    It's another thing of the moment. No real point.
  • 6fsn said:
    yeah I just heard it was better for you, and soothed acid reflux (which I still get from time to time) but maybe I'm just looking for a bottle with a purifier in general? so I dont have to be wasting bottled water.

• I'm so hungry right now.  

SSDD at work. 

Personally, I've decided rather than being OMGCHANGEALLTHETHINGS, I'm doing one thing at a time for 30 days.  Right now, it's trying to cook/eat at home every night.  Both for saving money and for eventual weight loss goal.  I'm back at pre-divorce weight, which isn't surprising considering that I lost that weight from not eating, alcohol, cigarette, and tums.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Just sitting here, past my due date, waiting to have this baby.
    Oh no!  I bet you've been ready for a few weeks now.  Time to make unbreakable plans?! Prepay a hotel room?  ;) 

For Babybelle:

Image result for eviction notice gif

Haha, unbreakable plans! This is so true! My sister had her in-law's family reunion the weekend before my due date (required travel), and she asked me if she should still go or wait around. I told her to go. No sooner did she get to paddling on a lake 2 states away than we called to say I was in labor. 

• Another busy morning here!  I still have a lot more to do, just no time crunch.  I have an appointment at 1:30 to have my TSA Precheck interview.  So I will be leaving for that in about an hour.  H is getting his done later in the week, so it will hopefully make it easier to go through security at the airport with DD.  Since we are also planning for Hawaii 2018, I think it makes sense to pay the extra money for the background check.
    We have Global Entry with precheck included and it's definitely easier to get through security with a baby. Worth the $$!

• Varuna - Just look at the small positives in your post and work from there!  You are eating in to save money.  Take a percentage of that and treat yo self to something fun!  Then apply the weight loss factor in later.

CharmedPam - I have a Brita water bottle.  It is a straw (I didn't look at your links), and inside the straw is the water filter.  Each filter lasts about 90 days, I think.  I use it primarily at the office.  I am going to buy a 2nd, smaller one to take on vacation with us.

Thisismynickname - Good to know!  I thought about Global Entry, but we have no plans for any international travel right now, so I didn't think it was worth the extra $15 right now.

• VarunaTT said:
    I'm so hungry right now.  

SSDD at work. 

Personally, I've decided rather than being OMGCHANGEALLTHETHINGS, I'm doing one thing at a time for 30 days.  Right now, it's trying to cook/eat at home every night.  Both for saving money and for eventual weight loss goal.  I'm back at pre-divorce weight, which isn't surprising considering that I lost that weight from not eating, alcohol, cigarette, and tums.
    yaaaaas.  My weight loss is so much better the times I eat at home.  It's amazing the difference between home cooked meals vs dining out and the results on the scale.  I guess because my food sucks so much at home I'm not tempted to over eat? Or maybe it's because I don't use a pound of butter?  Could be both.

• 6fsn6fsn member

@charmedpam- I'd look at a whole house filter or just a brita filter.  Then you can fill up whatever bottle you want.  If your refrigerator has a water line it most likely has a filter too.  In MOST places this is all you need.  Our water in BFE was awful.  It made me sick when I was pg with 6let and was an early sign I was pg with M2.  We got water reports at work and it really was bad not just taste bad, but shouldn't be drinking it bad.

@varunatt- little changes add up to a lot.  I still miss smoking.

• @ShesSoCold I just crushed a Lemon Danish, can you work out for me too?

No problem! I feel like I work out way too much for the results I'm seeing so someone might as well benefit from it! :)
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn said:

@charmedpam- I'd look at a whole house filter or just a brita filter.  Then you can fill up whatever bottle you want.  If your refrigerator has a water line it most likely has a filter too.  In MOST places this is all you need.  Our water in BFE was awful.  It made me sick when I was pg with 6let and was an early sign I was pg with M2.  We got water reports at work and it really was bad not just taste bad, but shouldn't be drinking it bad.

@CharmedPam, on home-cooking vs. eating out, I think home-cooking is usually healthier because we can control the ingredients we use, ie, make healthier substitutions.  Plus, it is also a lot easier to control portions.

I wish I had a nickel for all the times I've been in a restaurant and said, "I'm full and should stop eating.  But there's only a little bit left and I don't want to take it home, so I'll just finish it."  However, instead of a "nickel" for every time I've said that, I have a pound, lol.  And not the good, spendable British kind. 

I have a whole house water filtration system because I briefly worked for Rainsoft.  It is sensational, but a pretty spendy option.  Now I have to give the "spiel", lol.

Tap water is made up of diluted solids and "gases", NOT the correct word, but like that.

Brita filters, refrigerator filters, the straw filter and bottle filter typically use a carbon filter to remove the "non-solids", like chlorine gas.  Most city water has chlorine.  Because it works absolutely awesome to kill most bacteria that is in the water.  But that doesn't mean you want to drink it.  However those filters do nothing to remove the dissolved solids that are typically in tap water.

A reverse-osmosis (RO) system will produce the purest water.  It will remove both solids and non-solids.  You can buy one to install under your kitchen sink for great drinking water.  They are about $200 at Home Depot.

And, for all, read labels for bottled water.  Other than being safe to drink, there are almost no standards for bottled waters.  Companies can literally run the tap, bottle that water, and legally sell it.  And some have.  Though typically not the heavy hitters.  I know Dasani and Aquafina both use RO processes for their waters.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

@CharmedPam, on home-cooking vs. eating out, I think home-cooking is usually healthier because we can control the ingredients we use, ie, make healthier substitutions.  Plus, it is also a lot easier to control portions.

I wish I had a nickel for all the times I've been in a restaurant and said, "I'm full and should stop eating.  But there's only a little bit left and I don't want to take it home, so I'll just finish it."  However, instead of a "nickel" for every time I've said that, I have a pound, lol.  And not the good, spendable British kind. 

I have a whole house water filtration system because I briefly worked for Rainsoft.  It is sensational, but a pretty spendy option.  Now I have to give the "spiel", lol.

Tap water is made up of diluted solids and "gases", NOT the correct word, but like that.

Brita filters, refrigerator filters, the straw filter and bottle filter typically use a carbon filter to remove the "non-solids", like chlorine gas.  Most city water has chlorine.  Because it works absolutely awesome to kill most bacteria that is in the water.  But that doesn't mean you want to drink it.  However those filters do nothing to remove the dissolved solids that are typically in tap water.

A reverse-osmosis (RO) system will produce the purest water.  It will remove both solids and non-solids.  You can buy one to install under your kitchen sink for great drinking water.  They are about $200 at Home Depot.

And, for all, read labels for bottled water.  Other than being safe to drink, there are almost no standards for bottled waters.  Companies can literally run the tap, bottle that water, and legally sell it.  And some have.  Though typically not the heavy hitters.  I know Dasani and Aquafina both use RO processes for their waters.

yes to the first bolded.  So many times I had just a liiiiittle left and didnt want to waste it or inconvenience the earth with a box for it either. I've been there.

I'm looking more into the drinking water at work though.  I  have a brita at home and I'm ok with that.  I need something at my desk since I pound water from 9-5 and really not a whole lot when I am home. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    I need that case- I have a yeti and pack a second water bottle to refill it. I don't like to drink out of straws all day because it makes my mouth sore. 
  • yes to the first bolded.  So many times I had just a liiiiittle left and didnt want to waste it or inconvenience the earth with a box for it either. I've been there.

I'm looking more into the drinking water at work though.  I  have a brita at home and I'm ok with that.  I need something at my desk since I pound water from 9-5 and really not a whole lot when I am home. 

That makes sense!  But does your work not have a water cooler?  I'm assuming they don't, since you are looking for ways to have good water.

What is wrong with them, lol?  Are there enough people in your office to warrant one?  Because you all should have one.  I'm putting my foot down, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yes to the first bolded.  So many times I had just a liiiiittle left and didnt want to waste it or inconvenience the earth with a box for it either. I've been there.

That makes sense!  But does your work not have a water cooler?  I'm assuming they don't, since you are looking for ways to have good water.

What is wrong with them, lol?  Are there enough people in your office to warrant one?  Because you all should have one.  I'm putting my foot down, lol. 

correct.  We're soda drinkers in here I guess? because water drinkers get bottled water. I think if you go through 2 a day, OK, that's fine, but I'm at 5 right now and I'd rather not go through all the plastic.

We SHOULD invest in a RO water system! But we won't :( 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    Just pack a couple of reusable bottles. You’re going to have to take a bottle anyway. 
  • @southernbelle0915 How far past are you?
    Just about a week. My doctor goes to 42 before they induce. 
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 How far past are you?
    Just about a week. My doctor goes to 42 before they induce. 
    Good luck!   I hope things get kick started soon!