Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday?

Morning Wedding Woers!

The parents have their power back so they're going home.  I love them, but bye:).  Rosie is going to be lonely though, she loves my dad.

Last night I had a mini meltdown at work.  This transition is just harder than anticipated and when you work with friends I think it's even harder because you're disappointing friends.  Luckily the rest of the week is pretty slow so I can regroup and start back kicking ass next week!

Also RIP Barbs.  I (very obviously) disagree with the politics of the Bush family but always respected them as people.  They seem genuinely kind and I'm a sucker for George HW's letters.

Re: Wednesday?

• Options
    92 is a long life and it sounds like she made the decision to stop treatment, which is an amazing thing since it's usually not in your hands at that point.  I didn't realize they were married 73 years and by all accounts were incredibly devoted to each other and their family. 

I finally have a day where I don't have a lunch time errand.  It feels like it's been a long week because I've been running around like crazy. 

Oh, I watched the new Chef's Table season over the weekend.  Loved it.  It's all pastry this season.  

I'm giving lettuce wraps a whirl for dinner tonight.  DH is excited.  I hope it measures up to his expectations.  ;) 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten *hugs* <3 I'm sure you're not disappointing them

Not much last night. Ended up stopping at a friend's place because M heard he lost his job, so he wanted to go make sure he was okay. It's a fucking shit show on what happened, so he'll be calling the labour board about it to make sure certain things that happened are legit allowed {it sounds super sketch}

He was also showing us the BBQ he'd just bought. Which is where the whole situation turns interesting.
    So 3 people of our group show up at his place one night at 9:30pm {which is a whole other deal, but w/e} and they're checking out the bbq.
    One asks if he's having a bbq soon, he says yeh soon - just waiting on nice weather cuz sitting outside is ideal.
    The female - who use to be my BFF and was co-MOH at the wedding - asks who's invited. Our buddy says 'uh, prob everyone?' {hello red flags - he saw this coming too}
    Then she specifically asks if M and I are being invited.
    Our buddy - who even said, likes us better than them but didn't wanna get into shit cuz it's late - says that yeh we would be.

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. ME.

Bitch, you are fucking 27yrs old. Grow up.
    I feel bad that our buddy is kinda stuck in the middle. I mean, I assured him that we wouldn't do/say anything - tbh I'd prob avoid her as much as possible - because I'm not a fucking child and I'd never try to dictate who would be invited to someone else's house!

Good lord ...
    2 quotes have recently come to mind that I must have seen somewhere.
    "What a person says about you, says more about them than you"
    and
    "If someone is willing to gossip to you, they will be willing to gossip about you"

/rant
  • Options
    STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2018

Not much last night. Ended up stopping at a friend's place because M heard he lost his job, so he wanted to go make sure he was okay. It's a fucking shit show on what happened, so he'll be calling the labour board about it to make sure certain things that happened are legit allowed {it sounds super sketch}

He was also showing us the BBQ he'd just bought. Which is where the whole situation turns interesting.
    So 3 people of our group show up at his place one night at 9:30pm {which is a whole other deal, but w/e} and they're checking out the bbq.
    One asks if he's having a bbq soon, he says yeh soon - just waiting on nice weather cuz sitting outside is ideal.
    The female - who use to be my BFF and was co-MOH at the wedding - asks who's invited. Our buddy says 'uh, prob everyone?' {hello red flags - he saw this coming too}
    Our buddy - who even said, likes us better than them but didn't wanna get into shit cuz it's late - says that yeh we would be.

I feel bad that our buddy is kinda stuck in the middle. I mean, I assured him that we wouldn't do/say anything - tbh I'd prob avoid her as much as possible - because I'm not a fucking child and I'd never try to dictate who would be invited to someone else's house!

Good lord ...
    and
    "If someone is willing to gossip to you, they will be willing to gossip about you"

/rant
    I mean, why on earth would your “buddy” tell you this? He needs to tell her of course you are and then nip this whole drama in the bud by not spreading it to you. Unless you were actually there? I’m so confused!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I think I missed something, are you leaving this job or do you just mean transitioning to this new work has been a harder adjustment than you thought? 
  • Options

Good lord ...
    and

/rant
    I mean, why on earth would your “buddy” tell you this? He needs to tell her of course you are and then nip this whole drama in the bud by not spreading it to you. Unless you were actually there? I’m so confused!
    It was part of the conversation that we were talking about. The 3 that showed up at his house are getting on his nerves too, so he was kinda venting about the whole situation.
    I know she's talking shit about me, and this is pretty on par.

Keep in mind, this is the same girl who got pissy with me because she wasn't invited to our gender reveal ....

Also he did tell them we are invited ... I may have forgotten to put that part in.
  • Options
    My ILs come in a week and I'm trying to think of stuff that needs to be done. Luckily it coincides with the cleaning person who comes on Monday and they arrive Tuesday so I'm not worried about having to clean. But I do need to declutter some stuff and I know if I don't think of activities to do we will all just sit around and stare at our phones. If I'm paying for daycare but not sending him so grandparents can see him we better be doing something and not just sitting around all the time.

I'm trying to convince my H to take a day or two where he does something adult with his dad/step-mom and we still send B to daycare. Could pick B up in early afternoon so they still get to see him. Not sure he will go for it because he can never think of stuff to do with his dad. 
  • Options

My stepMIL posted a meme this morning of two pictures of the Rock and the caption is "Did you know that Dwayne Johnson and the Rock are twins?".

It was not a joke.

She also posts funny videos and calls them "historical".

That's all I got. She makes me sad.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @thisismynickname2 WHOOO!!!!! :D:D:D:D CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • Options
    @kvruns is the weather suppose to be nice while they're in town? Anything starting to open up that's outdoors?
  • Options
    So uh... in the spirit of that Etiquette thread about mortgage burning parties... since I am not having a party may I at least exclaim to the internet at large that today I paid off my student loans!?!?

Amazing congrats!!!
  • Options
    Ladies, who's our resident gem expert? There's a post on the Getting Engaged board from someone who's looking for some ring shopping advice. I'm sorry I forgot the name. :( 

• Options
    @short+sassy  Tbh I think he told us because she's now started talking smack about M - before it was just about me.

Honestly, I'm not angry about it. I kinda saw this coming but was in denial for awhile, but at our age I really thought she'd be more civilized.
    I wanna say I'm amused, but that's not the word I'm really looking for.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Our internet is down and I'm at the doctor waiting on a strep result for max. It was supposed to be a morning alone to run and work. 

@mrsconn23 we're having lettuce wraps for the first time too!  Dh hates mushrooms. Im trying to decide if I should only put them in my part or cut them really small and hope he doesn't notice. 
  • Options
    @misskittydanger I think the weather will be OK, not crazy warm, not sure about rain. Last time they came it rained the whole time and sucked. I know we plan to go to the zoo one day and can take B to some parks, but other than that idk. I think H struggles with when they visit as far as how to spend time since he doesn't see his dad much but usually if I come up with suggestions he doesn't like any of them so I've given up trying. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:

@mrsconn23 we're having lettuce wraps for the first time too!  Dh hates mushrooms. Im trying to decide if I should only put them in my part or cut them really small and hope he doesn't notice. 
    Can't help ya.  No one in my house eats them, so they're skipped altogether. :D 

Also, I was inspired to give them a try by your FB post about being in a dinner rut.  ;) 
  • Options
    @kvruns Guys seem to have a hard time with planning things with parents. M is the same way when it comes to wanting to make plans with his dad or stepdad.
    My first thought is sports though lol
  • Options
    @thisismynickname2, congrats!  That is awesome news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yes @thisismynickname2, jump.  jump.  jump around! And then next loan payment you would have made, use the money for something nice for YOU!
    @Misskittydanger, what is up with that girl? It's just so easy to ignore if you do happen to show up at the same place.
    @Mrsconn23, lettuce wraps are great.  I'm cooking fajitas tonight from a homechef box, and instead of the tortillas I'll use a rice paper wrap like they do summer rolls.  VERY good, still get a 'wrap' feel and way less cals and carbs.  H and I are making them a staple in our house lately. 

• Options
    I'm so over this week.  K has been busy AF and I haven't seen them much for a few weeks now.  The next two weeks aren't much better and, TBH, I'm rather pissy about it.  :D  

Have a meeting tonight about a lead-in Pride even that I hope I can make work.  The rest of my life is SSDD, nothing too exciting.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam That was pretty much my intention. Honestly I don't stay out that long, so I'd probably end up leaving early.
    Last time I saw her was at her place, and she acted cordial - meanwhile this other girl who I was BFF's with hid in the kitchen entire time {yep, same 2 people!}
  • Options
    @thisismynickname2 I chimed in with the limited knowledge I have of metals from DH but I know SO LITTLE about gems.

I'm waiting for a better update on DH's grandmother but it's looking more likely that she's had a series of mini strokes.   I think she's still in the hospital and they may move her to a rehab facility when she's able to leave.   From there it's up in the air regarding where she can stay.  She moved in with DH's aunt but if she can't walk being in that home may not work.   I'm sad.  

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I'm so over this week.  K has been busy AF and I haven't seen them much for a few weeks now.  The next two weeks aren't much better and, TBH, I'm rather pissy about it.  :D  

Have a meeting tonight about a lead-in Pride even that I hope I can make work.  The rest of my life is SSDD, nothing too exciting.
    I think this is how my H feels about me most of the time. 

• Options
    Not much today; long meeting this morning, but an easy afternoon. 

I think I've posted about this before, but I run the Twitter/social media for a Women's Caucus in our field & at a conference we hosted in Jan. a woman disclosed that a BIG NAME in our field sexually harassed her. Two other women also came forward. The university and the discipline association boards are investigating him. So this morning he posts he resigned from his Editorial position in a blog post on the journal board, while publicly calling the women liars. So he's using his position to further humiliate them, rather than just resigning and doing from his personal website. He's an ass. Anyway much of my day is not spent on Twitter watching the reactions. She's tagged us in some posts (since it was our panel where she initially disclosed) so I'm all Twitter today. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

I'm trying to get ahold of my attitude, b/c to be frank starting about May through June, I'm the one that is gone all the time.

They've just got a really rough school schedule...that's messed up their work schedule....then derby has been taking up weekends again.  And my meeting schedules are usually M, W, their derby schedule is T, R, so we usually get at least Friday evening.  Derby has been taking up weekends and when they're home, they're doing homework and I'm usually working on paperwork for Pride.  So even when we're home together, we're each at our individual desk.  So there's been no actual "let's be a couple" time for awhile.  Need.  Vacation.
  • Options
    Side note:
    Ordered the dress I'm hoping to wear to my shower on May 6th! I'm prob picking up a few more next week but these were too cute to pass up 

Got this to wear:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D61LJA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also ordered this, but it won't be in on time likely  {I was hoping this would come earlier}
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XF8GSBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    VarunaTT said:

I'm trying to get ahold of my attitude, b/c to be frank starting about May through June, I'm the one that is gone all the time.

They've just got a really rough school schedule...that's messed up their work schedule....then derby has been taking up weekends again.  And my meeting schedules are usually M, W, their derby schedule is T, R, so we usually get at least Friday evening.  Derby has been taking up weekends and when they're home, they're doing homework and I'm usually working on paperwork for Pride.  So even when we're home together, we're each at our individual desk.  So there's been no actual "let's be a couple" time for awhile.  Need.  Vacation.
    Yeah we're in a very similar place. I'm working crazy hours until the end of the semester. I was out of town two weeks ago for work, he left last weekend to fish, I'm leaving this weekend for a race in Toledo, and in two weeks we're both going to be gone. And it sucks. These are things we want to be doing, but doing them means not doing things together. And the crazy work hours? I have to because neither job pays well enough for me to quit the other. 

I feel bad because I know H is picking up most of the slack at home, and I try and tell him how much I appreciate it, but I do feel bad.