Wedding Woes

Wednesday?

2»

Re: Wednesday?

• That's so exciting, @thisismynickname2!!! 

@charlotte989875 That's awful and infuriating. 

I hope your week improves @ki@kimmiinthemitten

I get terrible rebound NyQuil insomnia, which I somehow forgot about last night when I skipped taking NyQuil after taking it for three days in a row. I didn't fall asleep until 3 am. And then work called me at 4:30 am asking me to come in, which is really annoying considering I answered the phone the first time they called yesterday and told them I was out for the week. So I'll be taking my final today on a collective 3 hours of sleep, which should be fun. I have two more days of clinical and then I've finished my requirements for this semester. I'm so ready for it to be over. I need to schedule a massage. 

• @charlotte989875 I will be done in two more days. It's so close. I just need 22 hours and I've officially not only met the arbitrary "100 hours finished before the end of the semester," but all of the hours required. My life might be in shambles and I might have stress eaten coldstone and a whole Blaze pizza yesterday at lunch, but I've made it to the end.  

And exactly. I get so angry at how much work, how carefully women must present themselves to be "believable." But a man can just discredit everything said or can pretty much return to life with zero consequences. 

• @levioosa, good luck on your final!  I'm glad your semester is almost over.  I know you've been burning the candle at both ends!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our office is super quiet today - most people on my floor are at a conference offsite. 

my car needs to be towed from our apt to an auto shop, I think it's the starter - which is not fun and more money than I wanted to spend right now.

We're having a couple friends over for dinner and drinks on Friday which I'm excited about, but I'm really drawing a blank on what to cook.  We've been in SUCH a food rut lately.

• Last night we had my parents over for dinner.  Once DD warmed up to them, they had lots of fun.  She had lots of fun with my mom and even my dad, who isn't much for the little kids.  He is more of a rough houser! LOL!

Tonight is yoga after work, then dinner and maybe some cleaning.  I'm hoping that H does the cleaning when he gets home and DD is napping!

kvruns - are you in a metropolitan area?  Have you looked into Groupon?  They usually have lots of adult type activities included, like ax throwing, escape rooms, etc.  Maybe something like that would be cool for your H and FIL to do.

Thisismynickname - Huzzah!  I paid off 1 of 2 student loans last year and that felt great even though I still have 10ish years to go on the other one!

• Okay you guys, I ordered Third Love bras last night. I'm a little nervous and cautiously optimistic. My old bras are begging me to let them die. 

• @oliveoilsmom yep metro area here. There is a ton of stuff to do around here but he just always thinks they won't like it (I think). We have a TopGolf that opened last year so I told him he should take them there and he's like well that's only like an hour but I'm like do lunch + that and it will kill more time than you think. Could then get the baby from daycare early and go do something after that. 

Apparently my work is rearranging the workspace next week (I thought it was in May) so I'll also have to plan packing my desk and stuff around them being here. Probably a good excuse to be like you guys need to have an adult day because I need to work
  • @thisismynickname2 congratulations!

Went to lunch with some friends and came home to discover the Sephora package that was delivered less than 2 hours earlier was not on my porch! UGH!!! I've called UPS and they are trying to track it down - driver must have put it on the wrong porch. This along with FedEx damaging an order of olive oil is driving me nuts. I've filed a claim with FedEx bu they are moving slower than molasses in January! I've never had problems with things being shipped and now twice in a week! Of course, neither shipment was inexpensive.

H is on a trip to his undergrad school then to see his Dad so I'm trying to get stuff done before I leave for Chicago on Friday. I can usually get more done when he isn't around LOL! Oh and Sephora packaged was jus delivered with the driver's apologies!

Went to lunch with some friends and came home to discover the Sephora package that was delivered less than 2 hours earlier was not on my porch! UGH!!! I've called UPS and they are trying to track it down - driver must have put it on the wrong porch. This along with FedEx damaging an order of olive oil is driving me nuts. I've filed a claim with FedEx bu they are moving slower than molasses in January! I've never had problems with things being shipped and now twice in a week! Of course, neither shipment was inexpensive.

H is on a trip to his undergrad school then to see his Dad so I'm trying to get stuff done before I leave for Chicago on Friday. I can usually get more done when he isn't around LOL! Oh and Sephora packaged was jus delivered with the driver's apologies!
    See? My initial reaction if that would happen to me, isn't that it was misplaced.  Every time I order something online (and lets face it, it's A LOT) I always worry about package thieves. 

See? My initial reaction if that would happen to me, isn't that it was misplaced.  Every time I order something online (and lets face it, it's A LOT) I always worry about package thieves. 
    I personally have never had that happen.  But I see the folks on my Nextdoor often complain about it.  I suspect it is just a matter of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See? My initial reaction if that would happen to me, isn't that it was misplaced.  Every time I order something online (and lets face it, it's A LOT) I always worry about package thieves. 
    I personally have never had that happen.  But I see the folks on my Nextdoor often complain about it.  I suspect it is just a matter of time.
    It happened at my apartment ALL the time.  Because they could just leave boxes in the foyer. Sometimes they'd get in, and place it at my door but that was rare.  I have a $200 dollar delivery that I'm anxious to get.  If the VP wasnt in the office I would have gone home for it.  That's the beauty of getting notifications of delivery and living 10 minutes away.

We live in a dead end with nosy neighbours. I don't have any issues with UPS or Fed Ex leaving packages. However, if it's something of value, FI tries to make sure he's home. 
  • I was just the e-mail bystander to a funny error that was made to a vendor.

They are in the U.S. and they are shipping to our client's warehouse in the U.S.  From there, it is going to Indonesia.  But, of course, that has nothing to do with the vendor.

The PO accidentally had verbiage stating that the vendor was responsible for blah, blah tariffs, import taxes, etc. 

The vendor replies back with a confused e-mail.  Said professionally, but I'm going to rephrase with what I'm sure they were thinking, "Ummm...you need to pay your OWN tariffs and import taxes.  We're not paying for that." lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I immediately thought it was stolen off my porch even though we've never had that happen before. It ends up the driver delivered it to the wrong address. He was very apologetic when he delivered the package a little while ago.
  • Don't play innocent, @banana468, we know it was you ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kvruns My new job...I'm not going anywhere - I'm just no good at not being good yet LOL.

@thisismynickname2

I too have a student loan debt repayment plan...eventually I'll die and no longer owe.  Congrats, that's amazing!
    Samesies.