Chit Chat

CMGragain passed away.

The person writing this post is CMGragain's daughter. I used to post here as AmazonX42. And I've been putting off this post a few days.
Sorry to tell you that CMGragain passed away peacefully at a beautiful hospice facility on Thursday, April 19th. As many of you know, she had been battling breast cancer for 10 years.
You were all important to her. I think that online relationships matter. So I knew I had to tell you. She had asked me to, and left the password where I could find it. She would often tell me stories about what was going on at theknot.com during our long phone calls. This was her main online community - her favorite space on the internet. She truly loved sharing her knowledge with you. She enjoyed spending time here, 7 years after my own wedding, she couldn't stop helping brides have wonderful weddings with etiquette-perfect invitations.
Thank you for enriching her life.
- AmazonX42 (that's me in the siggy pic, and that's her blowing the bubbles in the hat on the left.)
(Posting a link to the post on the invitations board, if anyone feels it should be anywhere else, please link.)
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: CMGragain passed away.

• I am so saddened to hear this. She added a lot to this community and her wisdom will be truly missed. I'm glad she was able to enjoy a few extra cruises and time with her/your family before she passed. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
  • She has been in my thoughts frequently the last month. I knew we would be hearing from you in the not distant future. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm glad she was able to spend time traveling and with you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I knew when my PM's were not answered that her battle had ended.

I remember the bubble blowing picture.  Your mom was her most animated and proud when speaking of you, your brother, and those beautiful grandbabies.  You were right to post her wedding picture.  She often used her own modest wedding as an example of how simply uncomplicated and elegant a wedding could be if you didn't fuss over the "fluff".

I am sure her deep faith will help you all in moving forward.  Thank you for sharing. Prayers.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom will be missed here. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
  • I’m very sorry for,your loss. Your mom will be missed.
  • I'm very sorry to hear this. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for thinking us of and letting us know.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018

I'm so sorry for your loss and sad to hear that CMGragain has passed.  Thank you for letting us all know and thank you for posting her wedding pic.  She and your father both look radiant in it.

The Knot doesn't feel the same without her and she will be missed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for coming back to update everyone, and for sharing some family pictures.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. She really was a vibrant member of this community and we were lucky to have her. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. She contributed a lot to this community, and I'll miss her. The photos are lovely. Your family is in my prayers! 

• ei34ei34 member
    So sorry to hear.  She added so much to these boards.  She spoke with such love and happiness about you, your brother and your sons.  You’re all in my thoughts.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing.   She truly cherished you and your brother and loved being a grandmother.   Around here she never wavered in her staunch support of tradition and was an enforcer of appropriateness.   

While having never met her I'll miss her.   I hope your family is able to find comfort and peace.
  • Amazon, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother.  She was a wonderful woman with wisdom, humor, and class.  I'll be praying for you & your family as you celebrate her life.
  • I'm very sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing the photos; your family is in my thoughts.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.    Just yesterday I drove by the town she lived in and I though of her.   I'm sad we never meet up even though we lived only a few hours from each other.

She loved you, your brother, the grandkids and of course her husband.    

I didn't always agree with her opinions, but I still enjoyed hearing a different point of view.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited April 2018
    So sorry to hear this.  thoughts and prayers are with all 

• I’m so sorry to hear of your mom’s passing. Thank you for letting us know. She will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  She was invaluable to all who needed proper wording on their invitations!  I was thinking of her lately and am sorry to hear of her passing.

Your parents look radiant in their wedding picture.  Thank you for sharing it!

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  She faced her cancer and end of life with a grace and strength I truly admired.  I can't imagine the vacancy losing a parent must create, and hope you and your family are able to find peace in this very difficult time.

• I’m so sorry for your loss. I have greatly enjoyed getting to “know” her over the years. I will pray for her and your family. 
  • So sorry for your Loss.  Your Mom was great and i loved reading her posts.
  • So sorry to hear about your loss
  • I’m sorry for your loss.