Wedding Woes

MONDAY!!

How was the weekend?  What's up this week?

Weekend was filled with beautiful weather and lots of sports.  6let played 2 soccer and 1 lacrosse game.  Max had a soccer game.  DH and I had a glorious dinner and hit a Crew game. 

Today is our anniversary.  13 years seems like a lot, but it's nothing compared to the others in my family.  My siblings are at 25, 24, and 18.

M2 has her ortho appointment tomorrow.  We decided she needed something fun since she's going to everyone else's soccer games and she can't even play.  When we find out how long she'll be out we're going to decide how big her fun day will be.

In small world news: My niece lives in Cincinnati and I'm in Columbus.  My niece just announced where she's going to school and that she already has her roommates.  Her roommate lives around the corner from me!!

Re: MONDAY!!

• Happy anniversary @6fsn!

It's finally spring in my neck of the woods! The weather this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous and we got to spend quite a bit of time outdoors. We had a fire in the fire pit both Saturday and Sunday evenings, got to do our long run (11 miles!) outside yesterday morning and H spent some more time cleaning up the yard. Today is going to be close to 70 degrees and we're stuck inside all day with work :(

• @charlotte989875 That's awesome!! Congratulations on your new PR! I've got a goal for my race next month and so far I'm on track to meet it.
  • Happy anniversary, 6!!

I drank too much this weekend. On Friday night, we went to the American Legion where a friend bartends. She had a purse party fundraiser on Sunday and I had a couple old purses to donate. The captain and cokes went down way too easily. Then Saturday, ESPN radio was at a bar giving away Kentucky Derby tickets so we sat up there for several hours. We didn't win. :(

I've been feeling like I had something going on on Sunday for weeks. No idea what it was. It was driving me nuts. Never did figure out what I missed yesterday..

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited April 2018
    @charlotte989875 That's awesome!! Congratulations on your new PR! I've got a goal for my race next month and so far I'm on track to meet it.
    Thank you!! I finished in 2:18, which I know isn't super fast, but it is for me! I was really proud of it. 

What race are you doing? 

It was perfect running weather this weekend. Hopefully it's nice out your way, still. 
  • Our weekend was pretty good.  

Friday, I took my half day and went to hang with DH at the tattoo studio.  The studio is in an old girl's school (Catholic, probably) and there's all sorts of businesses in the building.  They have the auditorium and it's a really neat space.  Once we got settled, I ran out for lunch and coffee for DH.  While I waited for my take-out, I had a beer at the bar and it was glorious to sit alone at a bar with a good beer.  After we got home from the tattoo appt, I went to get a pedi and pick up a few things from the store.  We grilled and hung out the rest of the night. 

Saturday, we were up early to go to Cincy.  We met our new nephew and I just love him so much.  He's a teeny thing and so, so sweet.  My older nephew is all in his feelings (he's almost 2.5).  It was adorably funny to watch him, but I remember those days (they were tiring).  The boys all went to the zoo and I stayed back with SIL.  We spent the whole time chatting and snuggling the baby.  DefConn was enamored with the baby.  He wanted to hold him and snuggle him.  It was a sweet surprise that he was so into the baby. 

Sunday, we got home mid-afternoon.  I uncovered the patio set and DH did the first mow.  I did grocery pick-up (which I don't know why it took me so long to get on board with it) and then came home to do laundry, strip beds, etc.  

This week is going to be long.  The next month is going to be long, actually.  Apparently, my grandparents are coming to town for my mom's surgery.  I'm trying not to be annoyed that DH is going to OOT two of the next 4 weekends (planned before we knew about the severity of what is going on with my mom).  We'll figure it out.  At least next week our schedule goes back to normal (no more swimming or late days for DefConn). 
  • Happy anniversary 6!  You and my sis are anniversary twins.  ;) 
  • Happy anniversary 6! 
    Congrats on the PR @charlotte989875 6 min is an awesome PR

Weekend was good, went to the zoo Saturday and a local living history museum (Connor Prairie for the locals) which had some awesome indoor play areas. I'll definitely be going back there a lot for B to play since he can play by himself and I can relax a bit

ILs come in tomorrow night for a week. Still trying to figure out what we will be doing but I think it will be OK. It will be annoying hearing the comparisons to the other grandkids all the time but oh well. I already warned them B exist on a diet of crackers and tears (his and mine) so at least they shouldn't be surprised by the shitshow that is mealtime around here. 
  • @charlotte989875 My goal finishing time is 2:15. We ran 11 yesterday in 2:08 but started out much slower than I would if I was running alone (H is really out of shape). I think between a few more weeks of runs and the adrenaline on race day I can eek out a 2:15 finish. We're going to Maine and running the Maine Coast Marathon/Half Marathon. We're also now planning another half for the fall but we'll stick to a local race (Rochester Marathon and Half Marathon in September).
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018

Sounds like everyone (so far) had a good weekend, along with good weather!

@6fsn, Happy anniversary!  I'm glad you all had a glorious dinner.  My dad grew up in OH and most of my extended family lives in various parts.  In Columbus, Lancaster, and 30 minutes outside Dayton.

When I was in HS, my aunt who lives in Columbus offered for me to live with her if I wanted to go to OSU.  I came this close, but decided to stay in CA.  TBH, I "kind of" regret that decision because I think I would have liked a much larger university than where I went.  But, who's to say for the path not chosen.

@charlotte989875, you rock!  Congrats on the half marathon.

@mrsconn23, yay snuggles with new nephew!

@sparklepants41, I'm glad your H liked the surprise party!  And Happy early Birthday to you!  Fun that you and your H have your birthdays near each other.  My mom and dad had their birthdays only 4 days apart and my HS sweetheart's birthday is two days after mine.

Friday was an exercise in futility, argh.  We were supposed to go to a tenant's house and install some portable room a/c units.  Except no one was there, as promised.  AND my H forgot to bring our key.  We bombarded with texts and one voicemail.  Went out for a late lunch nearby.  Nothing in return and there was still nobody home when we went back before heading home.  It is now three days later and we STILL haven't heard a peep from that tenant.  Not even an apology, though I shouldn't be surprised.  She is a very entitled person who acts like the world needs to revolve around her, smh.  It threw off my whole day, oh well.

I didn't get to the bank on Friday, as planned, because of that stupidity, but made it on Sat. and threw a big chunk of money at my HELOC.  Yeah!  The other good news is my new tenant (for next door) has officially signed the lease and given us the first month's rent.  And now I have more money for another pay down of my HELOC, sometime this week.

Edited to add:  On Sat., I also took Izzy to the groomers and there is a grocery store I often frequent across the street.  I went grocery shopping while she got bathed and trimmed.  It worked out perfectly!  I was pushing my cart back to my car when I got the phone call that she was ready. 

I need to take a pic and post a before/after.  She looks SO much smaller after she's been groomed, lol.  It's like, "Izzy, what happened to you?  Where did you go?"  She doesn't even have long fur, she has short-medium length fur, but it makes a big difference. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy anniversary, @6fsn!

Quiet weekend. I hope this is a nice week.

• Was sad to hear of CMG's passing. 
    Oh no.  Very sad.  I just found the post on chitchat.  :(  
  • Happy anniversary 6!
    @charlotte989875, cute pic and you are AWESOME!  I could never do what you do.  Run.  I mean, probably your profession too, but I don't know what that is.
    @mrsconn23, dont you just love grocery pick up?
    @sparklepants41No-Motivation-Monday-itis....I must use this more often.  I have this too and sometimes spills into Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
    @short+sassy, that sounds annoying and I hate when someone is to inconsiderate to send a text or call to explain things.

speaking of inconsideration.... H and I went to NY for his parents' 50th and had a fantastic time.  On Sunday we met up with his childhood friend who also had the sleeve surgery on Monday. He asked me how much I lost.  I said "46 including the pre op diet".
    He rolled his eyes "ok, from the surgery though?  what have you lost since surgery?"
    um....the pre op diet is hard AF ya'll....everyone includes the 2 week pre op weight loss in our support group because it matters.
    "ok, then 36 pounds" I said.
    His friend who was with him goes "how much do you lose a week?"
    I said "right now, it's been a pound or two a week".
    He thinks about it and goes "honestly, that's not a very good return.  You should be able to do that on your own".

a) if I was able to lose that "on my own" - then I would have. And wouldn't have needed the surgery.
    b) 2ish pounds a week, depending on start weight is the recommended weight loss
    c) just wait till you get to eat solid foods again.  Even with the surgery IT'S NOT EASY!!!! But he'll find out.

And then he told my H he could 'stand to have this operation' (my H doesn't need it) and when his nephew facetimed him he got all holier than thou and told his 12 (yes 12!) year old nephew his face was to fat and he has to do something about his eating and to stop eating so unhealthy because it's not good, and at least he's doing something about it.  No. Just because you got the surgery does not mean you get to tell other people they need to lose weight.  It doesn't work like that.  Grinds my GEARS.

• Very sad about CMG. 

Our weekend was good.  I met my friends for brunch and then got some gourmet popcorn!  Then it was Church.  We grilled for dinner.

Sunday we did our outdoor work.  H did the first lawn mow and I got all the mulching done.  We also got two bins of sticks picked up from the backyard.  Then we stopped at Once upon a Child.  They were having a shoe sale and DD needs shoes.  She hates them though.  Oh well.  Sorry kid, but we have to wear shoes in this life!  After that, we ran a few more errands and got some ice cream!  We grilled again for dinner. 

I am sore today.  Usually H and I do the mulching together, but since he had to mow, I just started it.  At least that is done for the year!  Tonight we have to take DD to the doctors.  She has a diaper rash that is looking gnarly and the cream doesn't seem to be helping.  At least it does not seem to bother her.

Happy Anniversary 6!

Great running Charlotte!

• Happy anniversary 6!
    @charlotte989875, cute pic and you are AWESOME!  I could never do what you do.  Run.  I mean, probably your profession too, but I don't know what that is.
    @mrsconn23, dont you just love grocery pick up?
    @sparklepants41, No-Motivation-Monday-itis....I must use this more often.  I have this too and sometimes spills into Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
    @short+sassy, that sounds annoying and I hate when someone is to inconsiderate to send a text or call to explain things.

speaking of inconsideration.... H and I went to NY for his parents' 50th and had a fantastic time.  On Sunday we met up with his childhood friend who also had the sleeve surgery on Monday. He asked me how much I lost.  I said "46 including the pre op diet".
    He rolled his eyes "ok, from the surgery though?  what have you lost since surgery?"
    um....the pre op diet is hard AF ya'll....everyone includes the 2 week pre op weight loss in our support group because it matters.
    "ok, then 36 pounds" I said.
    His friend who was with him goes "how much do you lose a week?"
    I said "right now, it's been a pound or two a week".
    He thinks about it and goes "honestly, that's not a very good return.  You should be able to do that on your own".

a) if I was able to lose that "on my own" - then I would have. And wouldn't have needed the surgery.
    b) 2ish pounds a week, depending on start weight is the recommended weight loss
    c) just wait till you get to eat solid foods again.  Even with the surgery IT'S NOT EASY!!!! But he'll find out.

And then he told my H he could 'stand to have this operation' (my H doesn't need it) and when his nephew facetimed him he got all holier than thou and told his 12 (yes 12!) year old nephew his face was to fat and he has to do something about his eating and to stop eating so unhealthy because it's not good, and at least he's doing something about it.  No. Just because you got the surgery does not mean you get to tell other people they need to lose weight.  It doesn't work like that.  Grinds my GEARS.
    Thanks! It's all training. Just one day after another. 

Ha. And for my job I'm a clinical assistant professor of political science and I am a research fellow for a domestic violence & sexual assault non-profit and I'm implementing evidence-based programming to improve our programs for survivors. 

Also, this guy sucks. 
  • @charlotte989875 My goal finishing time is 2:15. We ran 11 yesterday in 2:08 but started out much slower than I would if I was running alone (H is really out of shape). I think between a few more weeks of runs and the adrenaline on race day I can eek out a 2:15 finish. We're going to Maine and running the Maine Coast Marathon/Half Marathon. We're also now planning another half for the fall but we'll stick to a local race (Rochester Marathon and Half Marathon in September).
    That's awesome! 

Destination races are really fun because you're running somewhere new. But not having to plan what you're taking with you and making sure you pack everything is the really great part of local races. 
  • Thanks @short+sassy and @kvruns! I wasn't even thinking I'd PR and to do it by that much was awesome. 
  • Happy anniversary @6fsn

Congrats @charlotte989875

@CharmedPam that guy is an asshat

This weekend I did what felt like a never ending load of laundry. I even washed the couch cushion covers because there’s been a smell. But then I smelled it again while all of the pillows and covers were off, and now I’m worried it’s actually the rug. 

We went out on Saturday night. I didn’t realize how much I’ve missed spending time with FI until we had a real weekend together. It was so nice just to relax. Although the house is stressing me out so I’ve been cleaning that like crazy. 

Today I have to turn in my final paperwork for the semester, go to the gym, and then drop some stuff off at the dry cleaners. I have some pants to hem and I have to have a conversation with them about hemming with similar colored thread. They hemmed a pair of black pants with white thread last time. You can’t see it from the outside, but if the pants flip up it’s super obvious and looks tacky. 

• Thanks! It's all training. Just one day after another. 

Ha. And for my job I'm a clinical assistant professor of political science and I am a research fellow for a domestic violence & sexual assault non-profit and I'm implementing evidence-based programming to improve our programs for survivors. 

Also, this guy sucks. 
    ok, then yeah, my original statement stands.  Couldn't do that :)
    Also, I question why H insists on seeing this guy every time we head to NY.  He's very abrupt and know it-all-ish.

• levioosa said:
    Happy anniversary @6fsn

Congrats @charlotte989875

@CharmedPam that guy is an asshat

This weekend I did what felt like a never ending load of laundry. I even washed the couch cushion covers because there’s been a smell. But then I smelled it again while all of the pillows and covers were off, and now I’m worried it’s actually the rug. 

We went out on Saturday night. I didn’t realize how much I’ve missed spending time with FI until we had a real weekend together. It was so nice just to relax. Although the house is stressing me out so I’ve been cleaning that like crazy. 

Today I have to turn in my final paperwork for the semester, go to the gym, and then drop some stuff off at the dry cleaners. I have some pants to hem and I have to have a conversation with them about hemming with similar colored thread. They hemmed a pair of black pants with white thread last time. You can’t see it from the outside, but if the pants flip up it’s super obvious and looks tacky. 
    I can't believe this is even a conversation you have to have with a "professional." I mean, this is basic, Hemming 101 type stuff here!
  • @sparklepants41 right! I’m paying them to do a service professionally that I don’t feel like doing. Sewing with the correct color of thread is barely even sewing basics, it’s common sense! 

• Happy anniversary, @6fsn!
    Wow, @charlotte989875! CONGRATS on the PR!!! Hopefully you're not too sore today. 

I wasn't too bad, I even went for a job this morning. But now I hurt all over and want to take a nap. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ah man I didn't hear about cmg. So sad. 

@short+sassy I grew up in lancaster. 
  • Royal baby day!!! My money is on James. 
    My bet is on Arthur Philip. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Oh wow I didn't see the post about CMG
  • kvruns said:
    Oh wow I didn't see the post about CMG
    Her daughter posted in ChitChat. A while back CMG had posted that she had told her daughter where her password was kept and for the daughter to come on and let everyone know when she passed.
  • Royal baby day!!! My money is on James. 
    My bet is on Arthur Philip. 
    I am going with James Edward Philip.