Wedding Woes

MONDAY!!

2»

Re: MONDAY!!

• @charlotte989875
    congrats on the PR!! So fun! 

@CharmedPam
    what an ass. 

I am so excited about the new prince. I watched the video where the Town Crier made an announcement and for some dumb reason I got teary. All new babies should have a grand pronouncement like that, haha. And did you see that some other random couple happened to exit That Exit with their newborn and got interviewed by the press for no apparently good reason? How funny is that? 
    Just a few more weeks until the Harry/Megan wedding! I will definitely be up early for that. 

• speaking of inconsideration.... H and I went to NY for his parents' 50th and had a fantastic time.  On Sunday we met up with his childhood friend who also had the sleeve surgery on Monday. He asked me how much I lost.  I said "46 including the pre op diet".
    He rolled his eyes "ok, from the surgery though?  what have you lost since surgery?"
    um....the pre op diet is hard AF ya'll....everyone includes the 2 week pre op weight loss in our support group because it matters.
    "ok, then 36 pounds" I said.
    His friend who was with him goes "how much do you lose a week?"
    I said "right now, it's been a pound or two a week".
    He thinks about it and goes "honestly, that's not a very good return.  You should be able to do that on your own".

a) if I was able to lose that "on my own" - then I would have. And wouldn't have needed the surgery.
    b) 2ish pounds a week, depending on start weight is the recommended weight loss
    c) just wait till you get to eat solid foods again.  Even with the surgery IT'S NOT EASY!!!! But he'll find out.

And then he told my H he could 'stand to have this operation' (my H doesn't need it) and when his nephew facetimed him he got all holier than thou and told his 12 (yes 12!) year old nephew his face was to fat and he has to do something about his eating and to stop eating so unhealthy because it's not good, and at least he's doing something about it.  No. Just because you got the surgery does not mean you get to tell other people they need to lose weight.  It doesn't work like that.  Grinds my GEARS.

That is AMAZING!!!  I hadn't realized you had already lost that much weight.

It is such a pet peeve of mine that most people seem to buy into this MYTH that a person's weight is strictly a result of how they eat and exercise. 

Sure, diet and exercise are often a factor.  But they are hardly the "be all and end all".  I'm fairly overweight myself.  I spent an entire year eating less than 1500 calories/day and walking for one hour 4x/week.  How much weight did I lose?  Not even one frickin' pound.  Though I was in better physical condition.  For the last 20+ years I have eaten substantially less processed sugar than the average person and that hasn't helped me weight-wise either. 

I definitely have a problem with my thyroid, but that doesn't totally explain the excess weight either.  I don't know why my body seems to store fat and its almost impossible for me lose weight, no matter what I do.  Just that it is.

So I'm ragey at anyone who thinks the only reason I am fat is because I overeat.  Especially since I probably have a healthier overall diet than them anyway.  Like the old adage, "Walk a mile in my shoes."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This weekend was a mix of good and bad.

We went to one of the couples painting nights.  It was mostly fun.  I was setting off K's anxiety b/c it was a surprise but I was also insistent that all things they wouldn't like were taken into account.  They ended up having a great time, anxiety settled.  Then when we out to our favorite bar, saw a show, and came back home.

Saturday and Sunday we did a lot of shopping for stuff we've both needed, but just been putting aside.  It was fun and we upgraded some things for our kitchen, as well as started looking at things we wanted to buy together, rather than merging our two "stuffs".  Then, I got really grumpy about roller derby practice and made K feel bad.  Then I felt bad, b/c I knew I was out of line; I also am resenting 3 weekends in a row given wholly over to derby and school (with one more weekend like that coming up).  There's only a few more weeks of this left, thank goodness.  They still have summer school, but it's one class, it's not seated, and they can go back to a regular work/derby schedule.

• speaking of inconsideration.... H and I went to NY for his parents' 50th and had a fantastic time.  On Sunday we met up with his childhood friend who also had the sleeve surgery on Monday. He asked me how much I lost.  I said "46 including the pre op diet".
    He rolled his eyes "ok, from the surgery though?  what have you lost since surgery?"
    um....the pre op diet is hard AF ya'll....everyone includes the 2 week pre op weight loss in our support group because it matters.
    "ok, then 36 pounds" I said.
    His friend who was with him goes "how much do you lose a week?"
    I said "right now, it's been a pound or two a week".
    He thinks about it and goes "honestly, that's not a very good return.  You should be able to do that on your own".

a) if I was able to lose that "on my own" - then I would have. And wouldn't have needed the surgery.
    b) 2ish pounds a week, depending on start weight is the recommended weight loss
    c) just wait till you get to eat solid foods again.  Even with the surgery IT'S NOT EASY!!!! But he'll find out.

And then he told my H he could 'stand to have this operation' (my H doesn't need it) and when his nephew facetimed him he got all holier than thou and told his 12 (yes 12!) year old nephew his face was to fat and he has to do something about his eating and to stop eating so unhealthy because it's not good, and at least he's doing something about it.  No. Just because you got the surgery does not mean you get to tell other people they need to lose weight.  It doesn't work like that.  Grinds my GEARS.

That is AMAZING!!!  I hadn't realized you had already lost that much weight.

It is such a pet peeve of mine that most people seem to buy into this MYTH that a person's weight is strictly a result of how they eat and exercise. 

Sure, diet and exercise are often a factor.  But they are hardly the "be all and end all".  I'm fairly overweight myself.  I spent an entire year eating less than 1500 calories/day and walking for one hour 4x/week.  How much weight did I lose?  Not even one frickin' pound.  Though I was in better physical condition.  For the last 20+ years I have eaten substantially less processed sugar than the average person and that hasn't helped me weight-wise either. 

I definitely have a problem with my thyroid, but that doesn't totally explain the excess weight either.  I don't know why my body seems to store fat and its almost impossible for me lose weight, no matter what I do.  Just that it is.

So I'm ragey at anyone who thinks the only reason I am fat is because I overeat.  Especially since I probably have a healthier overall diet than them anyway.  Like the old adage, "Walk a mile in my shoes."

Thanks, yup! I'm only 3 lbs away from my lowest recorded weight (going back 8 yearsish) and actually 6 lbs down from when H first met me.  

H's friend is not all there, he had a rough childhood, but never tell a kid they're too fat.  What is wrong with him?  The friend he brought along and I looked at each other and both of us were like "you can't say that!"

I agree with you 100% on being overweight doesn't mean it's over eating.  I was eating healthy pre - op too and not losing a pound. Towards the end I realized I couldn't stop eating the good and bad foods though.  The struggle is real. The surgery also doesn't prevent you from eating the wrong foods

• Charmed - That guy is an ass and next time you are there and DH wants to meet up with him, YOU will be doing something else!  Rough childhood or not, you don't have to see that guy ever again.

Thisismynickname - I saw that the other couple left with their kid out that same exit.  I wonder if they were warned first!  I'm sure there are security all over that hospital and they probably knew what they were getting into!

• Thanks, yup! I'm only 3 lbs away from my lowest recorded weight (going back 8 yearsish) and actually 6 lbs down from when H first met me.  

H's friend is not all there, he had a rough childhood, but never tell a kid they're too fat.  What is wrong with him?  The friend he brought along and I looked at each other and both of us were like "you can't say that!"

I agree with you 100% on being overweight doesn't mean it's over eating.  I was eating healthy pre - op too and not losing a pound. Towards the end I realized I couldn't stop eating the good and bad foods though.  The struggle is real. The surgery also doesn't prevent you from eating the wrong foods
    Right!  It's almost like a recipe for creating a child with a poor self and body image.  Extol healthy eating habits and exercise, but that's good advice for any child or person.  Plus, puberty can potentially throw another wrench into a child's weight anyway.  On either side of the coin. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh, the news about CMG is so sad.

@mrsconn23 glad you got good baby cuddles!

@charlotte989875 congrats - 6 minutes is huge!

@6fsn Happy Anniversary!

@charmedpam eff that guy hard - 2 lbs a week is awesome before and after surgery!  He sounds like an exaggerated asshole version of me after my breast reduction surgery.  Admittedly, in my head I would see a girl and think "I should give her Dr. S's number," but I never said it out loud or anything!  I think it's easy to become obsesses with whatever major life change you are currently going through, but to judge others, especially children, is insane.

Weekend was good - hung out with H the whole time!  Funny door knocking story - so we get asked to leave an apartment complex.  H tries to explain that political door knocking is not the same as solicitation and is a protected first amendment version of speech yada yada yada, doesn't work - we leave.  We only had 3 doors left there anyways.

H's all upset and his social anxiety is raging over this.  He hates confrontations and being made to feel like he's violating the law.  I'm feeling it after not door knocking for 14 years and was like 'good job, we hit 97% of the list!'

We cross the street into a new neighborhood and one door in two cop cars roll in.  I could just see the stress and sweat on H!  I was laughing so hard, especially when they turned the corner and went directly to a house.  I swear, he thought we were going to be arrested or something for door knocking!

Tomorrow, I am becoming a vegetarian for three weeks!  My coworkers want to beef up (pun intended) our vegan options, but I wasn't down for a life without cheese.  I'm having deja vu, I probably posted about this last week!
  • @kimmiinthemitten, I was at a business conference, for my mystery shopping side-gig.  And, after the event was over, people were chit-chatting with each other.  Making introductions.  Telling stories from the trenches.  The usual.

I had a lady come up to me, smile, introduce herself, and hand me her card.  I'm smiling back and introduce myself.  She then says, "Look at my card."  Apparently she runs a business for customized, specialized bras and bra fittings.  Something like that.  Then she leans over and whispers, "Your bra isn't fitting you properly, dear."  So, I hurry to the bathroom, mortified.  Thinking that maybe a boob bump is not reined in.  But no, I look just fine.  So then it was just really creepy!

I'm glad you are controlling yourself and not passing out your surgeon's card to well-endowed ladies, lol ;).

I'm glad your all's door knocking went well, overall.  Good luck on the vegetarian diet!  I'm with you.  I would find a vegetarian diet much easier to handle than a vegan one.  I am frequent user of cheese and eggs are one of my personal major food groups, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's awesome, Charlotte, congrats!!!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • S+S - At least she said it to you quietly!  I've heard that the bra fitters at Nordstroms can tell your size when you walk in the door!  I have always wanted to go.  I am getting to a point of needing new bras and would like to try the Nordstrom bra fitting.  But if we have another baby, my bra size could change again and I know the bras from Nordstroms will be $$$$, so I feel it would be a waste if I go right now!
  • OMG Pam, what a dickbag!

I will never forget standing in my great aunt's kitchen at her condo at probably 11 or 12 when she told me that I needed to scrub my face until it was red and painful (to get rid of my acne). I can't imagine how that child must feel.

And you too! I don't understand why people feel like they need to give their opinions/advice when it's #1 - completely rude bullshit and #2 NOT FUCKING ASKED for.

I'm getting all worked up about this. I hate people.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • OMG Pam, what a dickbag!

I will never forget standing in my great aunt's kitchen at her condo at probably 11 or 12 when she told me that I needed to scrub my face until it was red and painful (to get rid of my acne). I can't imagine how that child must feel.

And you too! I don't understand why people feel like they need to give their opinions/advice when it's #1 - completely rude bullshit and #2 NOT FUCKING ASKED for.

I'm getting all worked up about this. I hate people.

Thanks everyone, I have a doctor's appt tomorrow but last month when I went - he told me i was "ahead of the curve" anyway, so that's all that matters.  What my doc/nutritionist say.  Because I *think* they went to school for it....?

Hah it's funny you said that because my first thought reading your post is that I would have said something like, "Really? Please, tell me when and where you got your medical degree with a specialization in weight loss surgery, as well as my own personal medical records since you're obviously more knowledgeable than my own current doctor is?"
  • S+S - At least she said it to you quietly!  I've heard that the bra fitters at Nordstroms can tell your size when you walk in the door!  I have always wanted to go.  I am getting to a point of needing new bras and would like to try the Nordstrom bra fitting.  But if we have another baby, my bra size could change again and I know the bras from Nordstroms will be $$$$, so I feel it would be a waste if I go right now!
    Guess where I'm going this week!

I'm not impressed unless there is a secret over/under parlay going on in the back room, lol.

On a different betting note, my H is a big sweets eater.  I've seen him take down a Sam's Club 6 lb. bag of gummy bears in less than 4 days.

On my most recent visit, I saw a 3 lb. canister of Peanut M&Ms.  Another one of his favorite candies, but I'd never gotten that kind of bulk for him before.

As an aside, we place nickel bets with each other all the time.  Always nickels.

I took that bad boy home and bet him a nickel that he would finish it off in 5 days or less.  I was proud of him!  He did not.  It was a bet I was happy to lose, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I'm not impressed unless there is a secret over/under parlay going on in the back room, lol.

On a different betting note, my H is a big sweets eater.  I've seen him take down a Sam's Club 6 lb. bag of gummy bears in less than 4 days.

On my most recent visit, I saw a 3 lb. canister of Peanut M&Ms.  Another one of his favorite candies, but I'd never gotten that kind of bulk for him before.

As an aside, we place nickel bets with each other all the time.  Always nickels.

I took that bad boy home and bet him a nickel that he would finish it off in 5 days or less.  I was proud of him!  He did not.  It was a bet I was happy to lose, lol.

LOL we always bet on the groceries. We'll get everything loaded on the belt and I'll be like, "I'm thinking $92" and then he'll give his estimate (winner is determined Price is Right style, obviously). Loser has to clean out the fridge.

And I almost feel like this is a confession. I ordered a couple bra sets from that Adore Me. I had to return one because it was too big. It was a B cup. :(

Hello single digit pants, goodbye boobs.  

• That's awesome, Charlotte, congrats!!!

Thanks!! 

@Kimmiinthemitten Please let me know about your experience!