Wedding Woes

Wedding Woe-Wednesday

Morning, I'm WFH for a bit and then have an appointment this afternoon so I have to head in.  I'm supposed to be doing proposals but instead I'm writing copy for campaign emails.  Shhh - don't tell.

The filing deadline was yesterday, and H is officially the only challenger - and then today his race was named in the top 15 to flip by a bi-partisan news org in our Capital!  Very exciting stuff today!

I'm on day 2 of my vegan diet.  This coffee creamer sucks but I made a yummy veggie pasta for dinner.  So far I'm surviving.

Re: Wedding Woe-Wednesday

• How exciting for you and H, Kimmi!

I've gained nearly 8 pounds in 2 months. I'm pissed at myself. I upgraded my WW to meetings and I'm planning to go to my first one tonight.

My dad is supposed to come out tonight to help H with a window that's leaking. He's blown us off the last two nights to help his ex-wife, which is becoming a regular occurrence. We shall see!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Morning, I'm WFH for a bit and then have an appointment this afternoon so I have to head in.  I'm supposed to be doing proposals but instead I'm writing copy for campaign emails.  Shhh - don't tell.

The filing deadline was yesterday, and H is officially the only challenger - and then today his race was named in the top 15 to flip by a bi-partisan news org in our Capital!  Very exciting stuff today!

I'm on day 2 of my vegan diet.  This coffee creamer sucks but I made a yummy veggie pasta for dinner.  So far I'm surviving.
    OMG.  Don't you know us knotters do nothing but work all day?  How could you even confess to such a thing?
    Good job on day 2! It's for 3 weeks right?  Not so bad!

Happy hump day!  SSDD for me.  We leave for the west coast very early on Saturday and I'm trying to convince myself to stay home, cook meals and start packing/cleaning up the place to prepare - but all l want to do is eat out and go to movies.  Which I won't (eat out), since we'll be eating out 9 days straight. 

• How exciting @kimmiinthemitten; how is the incumbent polling in the district? Yay for no other challengers!

Where are you going on your trip @CharmedPam?

I'm running on empty today. I had to drag myself out of bed, but did manage to make it to the gym. But instead of running I just walked 4 miles and sat in the sauna. That's all I had in me today, but at least it's something, right? 

It's dreary and rainy and I just want to take a nap. 
  • @CharmedPam I know, I'm such a slacker compared to the dedicated people here ;).

@charlotte989875 too early for polling, but he only won by about 3,500 votes.  He also voted in favor for and advocated for passage of a couple bills that royally hurt our very large and very popular school district that we will be talking about!
  • I really need the weather to just be spring.  The grey and dreary is just too damn much, especially after I feel lifted from the sunshine.

I have an eye doctor appointment this am, to be fitted for a different contact in my right eye.  I'm sure they're going to try and get me to do the surgery again, but I just don't have the time right now to get everything aligned (it's a non-FDA approved surgery, so I have to get special permission from insurance, plus get the doctor's facility approved as a surgical facility, all of which I'm assured can be accomplished, but I have to do it and it all takes time to line up, then get the surgery, then access short term disability for 6 weeks, blah, blah, blah).

• It's such a deary day but I'm actually thankful for it.

Monday night I slept SO poorly.  Chiquito is known to wake up in the middle of the night and I snuggled him for 2 minutes and put him back down.   Normally I can do this in a barely conscious state so I can go back to bed and PTFO in about 2 minutes.  Well.  That turned from 2 minutes into two and a half hours.   I looked over at my phone and saw that it was no longer 2 AM and was now 4:30 AM.   When my alarm went off at 6:30 I was in the state of "Was that sleep??" and the only proof I had was the drool I didn't remember previously having. 

Anywhoo - last night I had a toddy, DH rubbed my back and I was OUT before 10:30 and I don't think I even rolled over before my alarm went off this morning.   Best night of sleep in a LONG TIME. 

Now I need to plunge myself into meetings and deal with one account that is so delightfully disorganized I want to raid the liquor cabinet before my second cup of coffee. 
  • Jazz Fest is about to rain down upon me.  It's a big music festival in NOLA and is over the next two weekends.  I'm taking the next two Fridays off because I live really close by.  Not because I'm going, but because I would have nowhere to park my car when I get home from work, lol.

It is kind of fun just to be in the "vibe".  We're spending this weekend at home, but are taking advantage of my extra day off next weekend and going to Ft. Walton Beach, FL!!!  I booked our hotel yesterday.  Our hotel/condo is right on the beach.  Our room has a balcony and a full ocean view.  I can't remember the last time we went to the Gulf Coast.  We're really looking forward to getting out of town and do some relaxing on the beach.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning.  It's struggling to lighten up outside, but I'm hoping sun will peek through.  This weekend is supposed to be fantabulous weather-wise.  We need to go get a new patio umbrella since ours was destroyed by weather last fall. 

DH is driving me BSC about this draft trip.  I just need him to go at this point so I can stop hearing about it and watching him run around the house finding shit to pack (and asking me where shit is a frillion times or to make Amazon same-day orders).  He flies out tomorrow morning.  I am hoping we can catch him on TV tomorrow night in the crowd (he'll be down on the field in a special fan area). 

Next 2 nights will be crazy with the kiddo working and swim lessons for DefConn.  I am looking forward to the watching TV in bed.  DefConn's school carnival is Friday night.  He wants to go, but I'd rather just...not.  We'll see how it shakes out after school Friday. 

Is it naptime yet? 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Good morning.  It's struggling to lighten up outside, but I'm hoping sun will peek through.  This weekend is supposed to be fantabulous weather-wise.  We need to go get a new patio umbrella since ours was destroyed by weather last fall. 

DH is driving me BSC about this draft trip.  I just need him to go at this point so I can stop hearing about it and watching him run around the house finding shit to pack (and asking me where shit is a frillion times or to make Amazon same-day orders).  He flies out tomorrow morning.  I am hoping we can catch him on TV tomorrow night in the crowd (he'll be down on the field in a special fan area). 

Next 2 nights will be crazy with the kiddo working and swim lessons for DefConn.  I am looking forward to the watching TV in bed.  DefConn's school carnival is Friday night.  He wants to go, but I'd rather just...not.  We'll see how it shakes out after school Friday. 

Is it naptime yet? 
    Yes. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    naptime.

Life would be SO MUCH better if we had a mandatory nap time at work.  Paid.  And not part of our lunch break.

edit to add:  I used to live 5 minutes away from work (it's 15 now!) and sometimes I would drive home to catch a half hour.  It was glorious. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    Good morning.  It's struggling to lighten up outside, but I'm hoping sun will peek through.  This weekend is supposed to be fantabulous weather-wise.  We need to go get a new patio umbrella since ours was destroyed by weather last fall. 

Is it naptime yet? 
    Yes. 

Or at least it should be! (sigh)

Note to self:  must go to bed early tonight

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been known to nap in my car from time to time. It's so nice, even if I don't actually fall asleep, to just lie there for a while and not know how much time has passed.

As an adult, I totally understand my grandma taking her 20 minute naps.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • As someone who works from home, I am known to take a catnap on my office floor from time to time.  But I'm one of those people that has to force myself to close my eyes for no more than 15 min, because taking a real nap in the middle of the day leads to a very grumpy, off-feeling mrsconn that sometimes also has a headache (and/or stomachache) because I've thrown everything off. 

DH can sleep for an hour in the middle of the day and wake up just fine.  Jerk.  :) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    As someone who works from home, I am known to take a catnap on my office floor from time to time.  But I'm one of those people that has to force myself to close my eyes for no more than 15 min, because taking a real nap in the middle of the day leads to a very grumpy, off-feeling mrsconn that sometimes also has a headache (and/or stomachache) because I've thrown everything off. 

DH can sleep for an hour in the middle of the day and wake up just fine.  Jerk.  :) 
    This is me. I can sleep for any period of time during the day then get right back to work. I consider it one of my many important life skills. 
  • I love Jazz Fest and having a mad craving for some crawfish bread. I understand what you mean about parking. I always park in one of the neighbors around the fair grounds.

I hope the weather is good this year. It sucks if it rain or is hotter than fish grease.:)
  • Awww, my company just sent us all flowers for Administrative Assistant day! Very nice of them to remember; I've never worked anywhere where this is acknowledged.

My H also sent me a text since I'm basically his secretary. LOL

holy crap, that's a REALLY good point you bring up.  H should be doing something for me too! 

• Morning, I'm WFH for a bit and then have an appointment this afternoon so I have to head in.  I'm supposed to be doing proposals but instead I'm writing copy for campaign emails.  Shhh - don't tell.

Coconut cream makes the best substitute for coffee cream. It takes a bit to get used to, but it is the only vegan substitute I'll use when I run out of regular milk in my house. 
  • I'm currently munching on the awesome lunch that is being catered in for our AA today!  Best day of the year! LOL!  They used to do a breakfast, but they switched it up to lunch this year and me likey!

I have to go out in a bit to get some diaper cream for DD because that is the life I live now! 

It is dreary here too, but the rain has already passed through.  Hopefully it will clear up by the time I leave work.

Kimmi - Do they make a vegan pasta?  What do they use to substitute the eggs?

MKD hasn't been here this week.  I hope all is ok with her.  I've also been thinking about MissJeanLouise and hope she is doing ok too.

S+S - I would love to go to Jazz Fest one year!  So cool that you live within earshot of one of the stages!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Vegan is just not something I want to do.  I have been choosing a lot more vegetarian options, but I just don't think I can give up cheese.

I'm trying not to be annoyed with my MIL, but sometimes she's so darn selfish.  I sent her a message M2 broke her arm. She called to "check on her" and spent the whole conversation talking about how busy she was with meetings that day. 

She asked DH to come over today to help close up Grandma's condo.  DH said yes and took the day off of work.  It's an hour away and he wanted to get there and get back for practices and whatnot.  She wanted to start at 10 because she can't get up early.

We had asked her help to shuttle kids on one Saturday that had a million games.  When DH told her M2 was out for the soccer season it was "so I guess I'm off the hook for that Saturday."  No sympathy whatsoever.

I think it's just the weather making me cranky.  I'm biting my tongue and trying to avoid her.

• mrsconn23 said:
    As someone who works from home, I am known to take a catnap on my office floor from time to time.  But I'm one of those people that has to force myself to close my eyes for no more than 15 min, because taking a real nap in the middle of the day leads to a very grumpy, off-feeling mrsconn that sometimes also has a headache (and/or stomachache) because I've thrown everything off. 

This is me. I can sleep for any period of time during the day then get right back to work. I consider it one of my many important life skills. 

I wish!  I love naps, but they don't love me.  I often wake up feeling worse.  Short naps.  Long naps.  It doesn't matter.  One of my coworkers will sometimes go sleep in his car during our lunch hour, but I know I would just feel more tired doing that.

I've heard stories of people who can train themselves to sleep for only 4 hours a day.  I Googled it.  I came across an article written about some scientist (don't remember the pedigree) who claimed the best way for people to sleep is for one hour every 5 hours, ie 4 hours/day (so not a continuous 4 hours).

The reporter decided to give it a try for 30 days since, as he put it, writing is a freelance gig anyway, lol.  The scientist said the first few days would be the most difficult but, if you stuck to it, it would be a lot easier after that. 

According to the reporter, who claimed he stuck it out to the letter for the whole 30 days, it did become easier to manage after the first few days.  But it NEVER became "easy".  He said he felt tired the majority of the time and in a bit of a fog.  At the end of 30 days, he decided he did not like this new sleep regimen and was not going to continue it.  He then slept for almost two days straight, lol.

He also talked about the difficulty, even for someone with a flexible work schedule, of regimenting your day to be in an exact 5/1 hour formula.  He talked about going out with friends on a Sat. night.  He'd have to leave wherever they were, sleep for one hour, and then either go back or stay home. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Coconut cream makes the best substitute for coffee cream. It takes a bit to get used to, but it is the only vegan substitute I'll use when I run out of regular milk in my house. 

I've never tried coconut cream.  But I have used almond milk in my coffee.  However, that was usually only because I was out of both regular milk and cream.  I've also used almond milk on cereal, if I'm out of the normal.

Pet peeve on almond milk advertising.  The commercials for almond milk that claim people like almond milk to milk 3 to 1 (or whatever their stat is).  I went on a major dig because I could not even imagine a world where that was true.  I mean, regular almond milk is okay when I'm desperate, but it does have a weird/off taste.

Ah ha!  In the fine print, the comparison was made between French vanilla almond milk...which has added sugar and tastes pretty sweet...to regular milk.  Which has NO added sugar, smh.  Though milk does have natural sugar grams from the lactose in it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I've never tried coconut cream.  But I have used almond milk in my coffee.  However, that was usually only because I was out of both regular milk and cream.  I've also used almond milk on cereal, if I'm out of the normal.

Pet peeve on almond milk advertising.  The commercials for almond milk that claim people like almond milk to milk 3 to 1 (or whatever their stat is).  I went on a major dig because I could not even imagine a world where that was true.  I mean, regular almond milk is okay when I'm desperate, but it does have a weird/off taste.

Ah ha!  In the fine print, the comparison was made between French vanilla almond milk...which has added sugar and tastes pretty sweet...to regular milk.  Which has NO added sugar, smh.  Though milk does have natural sugar grams from the lactose in it.

Almond milk is a good substitute in baking, and I don't mind it in tea, but I cannot drink it in coffee. 

We always have coconut cream on hand to make vegan whipped cream. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @banana648 Sometimes I wish DH would, but he'd never do it. He holds stuff in.
  • Cracking up at the local news and thought of TK.

Background.  Tom Benson, owner of the NOLA Saints, died last month.

The NFL Draft is tomorrow evening.  The Saints are going to have an empty chair in the room, in remembrance of him.

As an aside, the Bensons are a contentious family.  He left the bulk of his estate, including ownership of his sports teams, to his current wife.  His adult kids, I believe all from Wife #1, were lawyered up and filing motions about the will I'm pretty sure before his funeral had even been held, smh.  Even if it was after, we're still talking all in the same week.  It's sad how even people with tons of money can be so greedy and pathetic.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! I made it through the day lol. I got my deadline out by the skin of my teeth. It's a public procurement so if it had been even 30 seconds late we would have been disqualified. Find out next week if we made the shortlist for interviews. Fingers crossed!
    It's my Friday - my company makes us take our birthday off (mine is tomorrow) and I'm taking Friday off too.
    @VarunaTT can you not wear soft contacts? I have astigmatism in both eyes and have been able to get soft contacts (I have needed prescription lenses since I was 4)
    @short+sassy that is a crazy story! The family's greed makes me sad and the empty chair is just too much, even if the sentiment is heartfelt. Wrong place wrong time. 
  • Hello! I made it through the day lol. I got my deadline out by the skin of my teeth. It's a public procurement so if it had been even 30 seconds late we would have been disqualified. Find out next week if we made the shortlist for interviews. Fingers crossed!
    It's my Friday - my company makes us take our birthday off (mine is tomorrow) and I'm taking Friday off too.
    @VarunaTT can you not wear soft contacts? I have astigmatism in both eyes and have been able to get soft contacts (I have needed prescription lenses since I was 4)
    @short+sassy that is a crazy story! The family's greed makes me sad and the empty chair is just too much, even if the sentiment is heartfelt. Wrong place wrong time. 
    That is an awesome policy! Also Happy Birthday!!